Screenshots of Very Dangerous Monsters collection thread i

Arkansaw

Banned
Screenshots of Very Dangerous Monsters collection thread

I thought it would be interesting to start one and I didn't manage to find any similar threads on this

Currently accepting:
Champions of souls, dolls etc
normal monsters with bad-*** mods

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Screenshots of Very Dangerous Monsters collection thread

This is a good idea, but you won't get many posts. I doubt most players think about taking screenshots when they are running/fighting for their lives.:surprise:

Luthor

Diabloii.Net Member

If I had the foresight I would have screencapped the brute super unique I just met that had Fanaticism Aura, extra strong and extra fast. Moved onto the screen, accompanied by a pack of about 5 other brutes, so quickly my lightning sorc couldn't get a shot off, 2 hits and she was finished.

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Member

That's why max block sorces ftw Luthor :p

Extra fast dolls getting killed by merc when teleporting past them. Those guys really hurt :(

And I agree with YogiRat, I doubt many get a ss of dangerous monsters they encounter while fighting (or fleeing) for their lives.

drool

Diabloii.Net Member

Countess

Spawned with all the right mods. One hit on her sent me and my merc back to the rogue encampment. Blizzard needs to fix that bugged LE mod.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I guess you can only get a cap if you get capped, eh?

Rcuhljr

Diabloii.Net Member

Wish I'd taken a screen cap of a doozy I ran last week on HC untwinked, low 70's poking around in hell act one, ran into a rogue archer with amp damage, extra strong multishot, one shot killed the zon I was with and one arrow emptied my life to 20~ hp. I should have known something was wrong when as a skellymancer who resummons 1-2 skeletons an act, I suddenly lost 1-2 every second. Took me 10-15 minutes of rebuilding skelly/revive armies to finally drop her and her minions and recover the gear.

iewcce

Diabloii.Net Member

I ran for izual with another guy about 1 year ago, hardcore, both lvl 80+ barbs.

he ran infront of me, suddenly from nowhere, 2 packs of those electric spirits, both with conviction aura, physichal immune. he ww, he die 2 sec, i ww, i leave game and live.. it was in classic. :p Barbkillers!!

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

Countess

Spawned with all the right mods. One hit on her sent me and my merc back to the rogue encampment. Blizzard needs to fix that bugged LE mod.
Pardon me, but were you melee-ing her?

And I agree lots of enchantments there on the countess. Usually if I see merc die, I make TP and call a melee friends to kill her.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member

Alecz - Level 2 Pit. I descended once and Merc got himself perished in record time. Revived the Merc in Town, descended again, and never even saw my death, just the "deaded" screen. Insta-kill.

And yes, the build is weak. He will be patted though, one of these days.

What was your character and build?

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

Vipers, who doesn't love them: screenie

Teleporting to Baal with my MF Sorc. I think the picture says enough: screenie

My Barb likes some challenge - good thing Fade triggered: screenie

Those are some remarkable ones of which I have a screenshot :grin:

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Furyan, if I hadn't seen such traps before I'd almost swear you organized those screenshots :grin:

I think I sense a theme here with all of us dead when taking screenshots. (As if dolls weren't fast enough to begin with, sheesh)

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

This thread is really funny! I should take some SS next time I... die.

@LozHinge the Unhinged: My build was a standard WW build with Hwanin's Set, angelics, Goblin toes and Ghoulhide gloves.
Merc had upped Goldskin, Meatscraper and Tal mask
Note: I intentionally used Hwanin set to see how it performs in Hell. Believe it or not, after merc got up shaft+ Reapers and I got... Battle Cry... I easily got to the River of flame (last night)

@Furyan: I love your first SS, the frenzytaurs are my favorite monster!
In the 3rd one, what was the aura? Conviction?

Lastly, how come baalbots never die when they tele in areas such as SS #1?
Did u guys had max block with your sorcs?

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member

Well here it is.The most deadly monster in the game, the Lagbeast!! I was 3/4s the way up the stairs and boing!! back at the bottom and deeds. While I was somewhat trying to kill her, I sure didn't want her to go out that way.

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

Furyan, if I hadn't seen such traps before I'd almost swear you organized those screenshots :grin:
Hahaha yeah, idk why, but I keep on running into situations like that :grin: Proof of that was my epic quest for ubers yesterday, which I posted somewhere else here yesterday...

@Furyan: I love your first SS, the frenzytaurs are my favorite monster!
In the 3rd one, what was the aura? Conviction?
I don't remember anymore tbh. My Barb is Frozen on the pic as you can see, but iirc that's because of the cold enchant. I think it was either Fanaticism or Conviction yes :D

Arkansaw

Banned

I just noticed the hardcore graveyard gallery started just days ago...and quite a coincidence really. I just thought it would be more interesting to discuss the in-game dangers with pictures, since they speak a thousand words and would make a deeper impression. Preferably we don't need to rely on 'deeds' too much for these precious pictures!

I have not played for a long time, so no pics from me yet, but will certainly contribute during the post-reset ladder rush craze.