Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Science behind The Hulk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neophase, Mar 26, 2005.

1. neophase

neophase Banned

Science behind The Hulk

Anyone know the science underlining behind the comic and movie "The Hulk"?

Say if I was in grade 10, where do I go from here?
    Not too much leaning towards chemical infusion, but organic infusion, if that's possible.

Point me in the direction of sciences such as physics, biology and chemistry.... I think it would be a mix of all 3.... like 60% biology, 25% chemistry, 15% physics....
    What's that movie where that man turns invisible in this underground lab? Anyone remember that movie? Science behind that also... genetic mutation, whatever available thanks.
    from the genetic level, molecular level, and atom level.

Thanks a bunch - Peace and compassion to all, for this is where love and forgiveness draws from, Greatest gifts of the past, present and future.

I'm just scared of power, that's where this curiosity is driven from. It's amazing how a single bullet, a single finger pulling can take a life form away. Or an axe, blade, knife, steel, iron, you name it.

Please don't question my motives, but just reply in the ways of sciencetif studies and such, that's what I seek and what's the purpose of this thread.

Thank you.
    Neo

2. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

um, the hulk just had some bad shrimp and a worse temper.

the invisible guy (kevin bacon methinks) shifted himself into some other "phase". which is sci-fi speak for "not really possible".

besides, even though you've said you have only peaceful intentions, i can't have an invisible hulk running around. it'll ruin my plans for world domination.

3. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

well i don't know about you but nothing can stop my plans!

Bwuhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

4. Stevinator

that's the problem with world domination, there's more competition than starting a restaurant!

5. Lord_Shinnok

That is so true, especially when it comes to the henchmen department. Most of the good ones are taken already. I had to settle for a guy that stick 5 cue balls in his mouth...

6. Akira

Akira Member

Not if my new evil restaurant has anything to say about it! *twirls his moustache* MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

7. Stevinator

Arg!!! there goes my back up plan!

8. Lord_Shinnok

I hear there is always room for more evil petting zoo's.

9. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

excellent, my plan to weaken the worlds protection by getting other people to start evil restaurants and petting zoos is lining up perfectly with my plans to create an invisible hulk and then use my mind control beam to bend his will to my own.

*sits behind desk in a menacing manner*

10. Stevinator

The funny thing is I was pretending to hijack the other thread, but somehow that didn't work out. I'm not very good at this evil thing.

11. Lord_Shinnok

All goes according to plan; dantose thinks his plan will aid him when in fact it was my plan all along! Invisible Hulk has been to trained to follow my orders alone and when dantose lets his guard down he'll stand no chance of surviving! Because no one can stand against the combined might of Invisible Hulk and that guy who can hold 5 cue balls in his mouth!

*laughs manically while stroking Persian cat*

12. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

neophase, most of this stuff is biology and chemistry - i say this because in those movies you fabricate a chemical to enhance the biological features.

with that said. your cells, chromosomes, DNA, and whatnot, cannot change that quickly, your cells dont even divide that quickly. the hulk or the invisible guy - thats SOO fast, the change they go through.

im not sure what you really want to know, seeing as this stuff is impossible.

so yeah...

13. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

That's exactly what I want you to think!

14. Lord_Shinnok

And that's exactly what i want you to think!

15. neophase

neophase Banned

total arrogance man, stay on topic damnit!
    This is so freakin childish!!! unbelievable what you do to put an image and a cover on your book. Wow! I've never been so shocked before!

So I hear biology mostly and a bit of chemistry... but the chemical reaction, would that be somewhat connected to physics formulas?

What about organic matter, where would I branch off from after mastering these core sciences?

16. Stevinator

well the hardest part is making something green turn invisible. I mean the green is really green. you're going to need a lot of the invisi-liquid. And how would you know you had the invisi-liquid and not just an empty test tube?

I guess you could weigh it. but still...it would have to be good stuff cuz the green is mighty.

17. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Well im only a highy payed scientist, but i say the hardest part would be the engineering of those pants that never get torn apart at the crotchle region.

18. Lord_Shinnok

that requires a degree in SUPER science.

19. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I'm selling those degrees to mere evil scientists. The money will go towards total UNIVERSE domination. You can have your puny worlds! You'll stay have to pay a tax to the EMPEROR OF THE KNOWN UNIVERSE!

20. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Yeah. My skanky old Uncle Charlie used to do that finger pulling thing: "Hey, pull my finger! BRAAAAAAAPP!!!!" There went a bunch of life forms when he outgassed, let me tell you. I think once he levelled the city of Bayonne, NJ.

As to the rest of your post, well...I just don't see any of this superhero stuff having any luck in the real world, where every action has an equal and opposite reaction and all. Aren't too many ways I can figure that someone could instantly turn from a regular guy to a Hulk; where would he get the extra muscle mass from so quickly? Sure, he absorbs molecules from the surrounding area, right...how does he do that?

The invisible guy movie, by the way, I think was called The Hollow Man or something like that.