Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

schaffers hammer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by REVENGE34, Feb 2, 2004.

1. REVENGE34

REVENGE34 IncGamers Member

schaffers hammer

im gonna use schaffers hammer with my paladin. i am thinking of maxing fanta, and vengance. i know schaffers is slow. where can i find a ias calculator to tell me how much ias to add to char to make schaffers have "very fast attack". Some people i have asked told me 100 ias with items and runes would be enough. anyone have an ideas for me?

thanks in advance

2. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Why use fana with vengance?

3. REVENGE34

Well honestly im not sure what to do. My gear so far is : schaffer's , guardian angel, tyreals' might, andrials visage, mara's , gore rider, nos coil belt, hoz with um rune in it, dracul's glove 10% life leech, life leech and mana leech rings. i wanna deal some dmg so i figure i need aalot of leech. vengance for phy immunes and fanta for dmg,ias, and ar.

4. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

It seems like you want to be both a zealot and an avenger. I suggest you either use vengence with conviction or zeal with fana. there are several good guides in the paladain guide thread stickied at the top.

5. REVENGE34

Would using zeal and fanta solve the schaffers speed problem? How much ias should i try to get to? or should i scrap the whole schaffer idea all together and go with a quicker weapon?

6. hiro900

hiro900 IncGamers Member

7. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Some people (myself included) just don't spend enough time researching things a bit. For example, I tried out a level 99 twinked char during beta using a character modder. I maxed every skill, trying to figure out what worked best with vengeance. With a pair of 8% rings, crescent moon mythical, delirium, Stone, HoZ, String, Gores I was hard put to keep my health up in the Blood Moor with Convic. I could leech fine with fanata on. However, I realized the Crescent mythical is lower damage and the context here is Schaeffers which deals some nice damage and may make all the difference. However, I'm sure there's successful pure avengers floating around using just convic and other equipment that work just fine. I'd prefer Convic, personally, so long as you get enough leech.

8. REVENGE34

well im trying to be well rounded. i figured vengance for my phy immune monster's and fanta for the ias and extra dmg & ar. with the gear i named above my life leech should with rings be over 40 %. Especially with zeal not using alot of mana ( around 3 per attack i think). I just don't want to start this build and find out that killing everything is easy except the phy immunes. but the other draw back is the weapon speed of Schaffers. by using caculators i think i need to be around 113 IAS to counter act schaffer being slower then most. the 50-200 lightning dmg is not gonna even scratch the phy immunes thats why i though of using vengance and fanta. so far i feel im gonna go with getting gear up too 113+ IAS and switching back and forth from zeal and Vengance to counter attack the phy immunes. Sorry if im rambling just typing as thoughts come into my head:). What you ppl think of my idea's?