Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

scd week 5

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Mar 24, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

scd week 5

squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak

A large man in a white coat rolled the wheelchair down the hallway, one gimpy wheel squeaking on the linoleum floors. Everyone he passed stopped to stare at the fat, green beast slumped against the armrest. One unknowing visitor jumped in fear as the orderly turned the corner, the wheel still squeaking its warning to those ahead.

"What was that?" whispered the visitor in awe to the nearest nurse, staring at the spiky, green tail trailing behind.

"Oh, don't worry, that's just Mr. Hephesto" whispered back the nurse. "He's been here for a couple days now."

"What's wrong with him? Paranoid? I'd be scared of myself if I looked as ugly as that."

"No, he's just delusional. We can't decide exactly what's wrong. He just keeps whispering 'the horror, the horror.' The most we've been able to get is when he talks during nightmares. But all that comes out is nonsense... something about a wrinkled old man with a shiny golden mace, and a toothless granny calling for the heavens to open up with ice and snow... Then he goes on about the gray woman with the lightning traps. He goes on for hours at a time about them: 'make them stop! make them stop!' It's extremely sad to listen to. They always ends with one phrase being repeated, over and over again... from a Christmas song."

"Wow, wierd. Must be delusional. What song?"

"He just keeps screaming, over and over again, 'noooo-el. noooo-el!'"

Week 5 of the Senior Citizen's Division rolled around, and we kept on rolling through norm. Though Kenshin the zon was back after a couple week hiatus, Skunkbelly the druid was missing for the night, and we're not really sure what happened to Dahkar. The team stacked up like this:

SCD-Poet, our fearless, barbaric leader, shouting directions here and there;
    SCD-Nippy, the pert sorceress with the icy... umm... orbs;
    SCD-Kelicca, bringing the heavens crashing down on monsters everywhere;
    SCD-ofTEB, tossing traps down in front of the group;
    SCD-Kenshin, the sorely-missed jabberzon; and
    SCD-Cooner, the pali with the fumbly hotkeys, providing warm auras in a frigid world.

After taking out the council and meph for Kenshin, we returned to A4 to do a little forge destroying.

It had already been decided- Heph would pay for his slighting Stinger with an 'el' last week. And he did. 5 Heph kills later, we had an eth, a couple nefs, a ral, and several assorted flawless and perfect gems. We quickly romped through the river, on into the Chaos Sanc. The melee characters among us (Poet and I) had a healthy fear of IM, so we grabbed a couple throwing weapons and acted as whipping boys for the usual crowds of knights, fire-breathing uglies, and mana-stealing ghost thingies (not remembering names tonight, you know what monsters i mean though). It was kinda fun actually, I would just stand there, letting things surround me, since with maxed resists, max block, and decent life, they weren't even touching my red orb in the 2 seconds it took the elementalists among us to clean up the crowd. Just as the last of the three guardians of the seals fell, I hit my 30th ding and the conviction fun began. Diablo was gone in about 5 seconds max.

By halfway through the bloody foothills most of us had hit lvl 30 and our power skills were kicking in. Nippy's orbs, Kelicc's meteors, and Stinger's lightning sentries were cleaning up faster than Kenshin, Poet, and I could run up to the baddies.

With a good-sized party such as ours, this part of norm is really rather easy- we could sit back and chat as we stopped a siege, helped out a couple barbs, and found the Crystalline WP. Good laughs were had by all. I especially enjoyed the time that Poet and I found ourselves alone without any of the casters against a large pack of Cryst Passage monsters- with Poet's shout, battle and war cry, and concentrate, and my holy shield, they couldn't even begin to touch us. However, with their huge "players 6" life and the fact that our weapons are VERY untwinked, we couldn't put much of a dent in them either. After about 30 seconds of standing there exchanging bashes with the monsters, I casually took my time in typing (one-handed) "help please," to which 4 panicked-stricken party members rushed back and cleared the pack in a heartbeat.

All in all, a great night. After saving the barbs, we each have the runes for an ancient's pledge, and the leaf staves, stealth armours, steel swords, etc etc are starting to come out. As a former 8th grade history teacher of mine used to say, life in the untwinked scd world is "gooooood, very gooooooooood."

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

i dont know how to evaluate literary talent but you sure as hell have more than I do!

Kenshin needs to be sure to get in the 25+ range before next time or the little Java will simply get no exp and fall behind and be a very big risk for death soon. If you need some help give me a holler on StingerHc or StingerHccDuke.

Normally i see Dahkar thru the week but i havent seen him other than a few posts about PK thread flustration and repetitveness or whatever.

Had a blast, ready to run again!

3. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hahaha... the whole story was a great read :)

Good luck rescuing Anya and kill Nihlathak, and watch out for those gloams and vipers. They can certainly sting when you go untwinked :)

/Magnus

4. CoonerTheRed

at the speed we're killing things now, i seriously doubt they'll be a problem unless one of us gets caught without the rest of the team. but i'm not looking forward to them in nm...

also, in a fit of wasting money (aka gambling) last night, i managed to get a +1 sorc skills circlet... no other mods, but if anyone wants it it's waiting for them. Also bought a superior 2 socket chain mail- 80 def, 4x str req if someone needs stealth material

5. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

And that is what Blizz thought too when they decided to put them at those locations. It is difficult to stay together as a tight group of 8 players in those narrow paths :)

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! Keep us updated, but where are those screenies ;)

/Magnus (KTA)

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

For some reason I took a screeny smoking diablo but I have no host.......I guess i figure since i had a "freeze frame" on death it was a good time to hit the button!

7. CoonerTheRed

check your pms

8. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

:D Great read Cooner and I have to agree with ya about the above statement. ;) That was a blast!

This team is looking great, guys! I'm ready to tackle Act V right now!

Looking forward to next week!

Poet

9. det

det IncGamers Member

He he what a funny read - you sure have a writer hidden in you.
    Hope you don't mind a fellow team of untwinked poping in here and reading your adventures

:)

10. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

Had great fun last night. Can't wait for the next game. I think we most definately got our revenge on Hephasto. Those perfect and flawlesses were very nice to get.

As for the Diablo fight, 5 seconds seems just about right. I was amazed at the speed we took him down. But then again my party experience is mostly summed up by me and a friend playing through the game. =) Again, awesome night, looking forward to next Tuesday. It will be a welcome way to end my day after a dentist appt. =P

Edit: I'll try to work on getting some screenshots throughout the games from now on.

11. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Good write-up, Cooner :thumbsup:

It didn't seem like many monsters had much of a chance against us :D Can't get too confident, though. :)

Looking forward to next week.

12. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

Good read. You definitely have some talent in writing. :thumbsup:

13. CoonerTheRed

thanks for the compliments guys... i'm not that good at writing in general, but this stuff seems to come out easier than academic papers, etc..... hmmm wonder why... :lol:

14. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Hey folks! Glad to see you had a fun night. I'm looking forward to Tuesday, though as I mentioned I'll be late... probly 10:00. Anyway, when I arrive, can you guys catch me up? I'm still in act 4, pre-hellforge quest. See ya then!