Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

scd week 5.9

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Mar 31, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

scd week 5.9

after tonight's games, i refuse to count that as week 6. it was a bad sign when 15 minutes into the night, we had only a head count of 4, still missing kenshin the zon, skunkwind the druid, and our fearless leader poet the barb.

20 minutes in, kenshin joined us and we decided to hit up meph for some uber leet itemz... first run and mephy is kind enough to drop my pali a gold kite shield (steelclash). I feel like someone else got a happy drop then too, but i forget the specifics. Needless to say, the party was jumping for joy. Take the moat tp to a4, and all of a sudden, BOOM. The great evil that is b-net said "your team is untwinked... it isn't allowed such uber itemz as steelclash" and proceeded to lag like crazy. I was kicked, others quit to try and kick the lag, but we ended up back in the channel, with nothing but a "that game does not exist" messages. We spent about 5 minutes hanging out in teh channel, trying to join and create games to no avail. Finally I was able to create a game that all could join, only to find b-net had gone shopping at Walmart... the great roll-back was on. No more stealclash, no more lvls for a couple players. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

We should have quit then.

But no, SCD foagies are like the postmen, delivering monsters death in all weather, rain or lag. And so we did a couple more mf runs, gaining a few rares and a hawkmail.

At last, Skunkwind showed up at 10, as expected. However, when I say "showed up," I mean it in the loosest possible sense. I don't think he was able to stay in a game longer than 45 seconds all night before getting dropped. Skunk was a little behind, so we cleared out the river while he was logging in and out of b-net, and got him to the forge. At least Heph was kind enough to drop a Ral.

Onward to Diablo... after 4/5 more drops from Skunk and/or Kenshin, we cleared out the seals and got ready for the big guy. 2 statics and 4 or 5 traps later, oops, no skunkbelly anymore... run away, run away! And so scd played like knights of the round table (yeah, exactly... we danced in teh corner waiting for skunk to get back). Finally, he gets back in... and we're back in the fray! 3 more statics, 4 more traps, and ... oops, back to the corner.

In the end, we managed to knock off diablo, only to find that Skunky (who was standing in the corner, trying not to be dropped) wasn't actually close enough to get the quest. (he was dropped shortly afterwards anyway).

And so SCD had a rather uneventful, somewhat disappointing evening. We're exactly one wp closer to norm baal than we started the night. Oh well, it was still an enjoyable couple hours of gaming with quality people, so it's not like the night was a complete waste :D

Screenshots will be collected and pictures posted... our "slow' night allowed for plenty of touristy picture taking :thumbsup:

late night, its past my bedtime, so its a rather crappy update on my part... sorry all. g'night :sleep:

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well......

Not much left to say but I still had fun although it leaves the night a bit empty when you know others are having such a terrible night. Sigs belt also dropped with the Shield along with some rare sticks I beleive Kenshin kept.

BTW, I shipped off like 5 Screenies last night!

3. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Alas! It's tough being so damn old! :D

After more poking and prodding at my computer, I have a bad feeling that I've managed to absorb some spyware from somewhere... my internet connection in general has slowed to ridiculously slow levels no matter what I'm doing, hence all my dropping last night. I also get lots of "Server Busy" errors when I surf.

So any recommendations for good cleansing/monitoring software? I'm headed to Best Buy or wherever after work...

Perhaps next week things will go a little smoother. In the meantime, hopefully I can get this taken care of.

4. CoonerTheRed

5. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Good summary, basically covers it all :) Neat pictures, too. :thumbsup:

6. CoonerTheRed

:thumbsup: yeah, two thumbs up to our photographer stinger :thumbsup:

just curious, do you have your display settings set funny stinger? Your pictures look so much scarier than mine... darker, and the colors a little more vivid. Diablo's flame looks downright deadly (as if it didn't look deadly enough to me last night...). And the lightening from the traps is much nicer looking than what i see on my screen in general... maybe just cause it's moving so fast?

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well I have a kicken video card, but i do have my game settings actually set low as in xpac if I have them on high I get tiny spikes that piss me off in Act 5 and sometimes in the River.

Those pics for some reason actually look better than I recall my screen looking which is rather weird

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

BTW, the diablo shot was from last week as Poets is in there, and incase Skunky says he didnt play at all we have proof he did in the River shot, but I belive rihgt after I snapped it he dropped.

not bad for my first attempt at action photography.

i loved how Heph looks like he is surrendering but we execute his arse anyway!!! NO ELS!!!!!!!

9. skunkbelly

I've gotta say, I'm glad that I at least had a cameo in the screenies :D That was the worst night I've *ever* had playing this game...

10. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

I run into massive amounts of spyware on our clients machines. I use SpyBot Search & Destroy, AdAware Personal edition, and DoxDesk.com for my cleansing needs.

For spybot
    AdAware
    DoxDesk.com

The first two are good to use if you know for a fact you have spyware, I personally like spybot more. It seems more robust. Try both, you may have a different preference.

Doxdesk is great for finding browser issues, also naming the parasites. It also gives links on how to remove them.

These are all trusted sites, if you are wary about following a link, google em :thumbsup: .

I hope that helps, oh and the cost is perfect.. free.

11. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

Cooner, I have a picture or two, where should I send it?

12. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

Hmm...never posted pictures before, but I will try. They are on strike9, so no clue how long they will be up.

[​IMG] Diablo going down.

[​IMG] And this is what would appear to be someone's merc taking one for the team. =P

13. CoonerTheRed

wow, SWEET shot of diablo going down there...

yours are the same as Stinger's... just looks so much cooler than mine.

Also, do you guys have the ping, etc, listed on your screen all the time? How? Seems like it would be convenient...

14. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

/fps

type that and it will be on your screen

15. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I have it up 99% of the time. I know my FPS is horrid, I can tell that much without the display...but can't always tell if I'm getting a big spike, and I like to be able to see it so I can know to react or not.

16. skunkbelly

So I downloaded AdAware last night, and lo and behold, 23 different spyware/data-mining programs on my computer. No wonder my connection was so slow. Anyway, them bugs is squashed dead, and I should be in good shape next time around.