Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

scd- week 4

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Mar 18, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

scd- week 4

once again, i'm late with the update... later than last week even. But I have a good excuse... i'm an Irishman in New York! Didn't get around to posting Tuesday night, and I was in my favorite drinking establishment (the Stumble-in-and-Puke heh heh, 2 thumbs up to anyone who gets that reference) from noon until after 1 am yesterday, so no posting yesterday...

At any rate the senior citizen's division cruised through all of Kurast with the usual assortment of grizzled (fairly well defined by now) characters:

SCD-PoetsRage - the conc tank barb
    SCD-Kelicca - meteor/fire sorc
    SCD-Nippy - the new Panders... cold sorc
    SCD-ofTEB - trappassin
    SCD-Cooner - party pali
    SCD-Skunkwind - wind druid

still missing Kenshin the zon who is gone for a couple weeks, and Dahkar, whose latest SCD char, the bear, was suicided in an account stealing, and is currently working on a kickassin to get caught up.

So for the quick update on where we're at, we blew through Kurast, took down Meph and Izzy in no time, then made it through to the River wp, where we took down the Hellforge once.

The plan for next week is a bunch of forge runs to get all the free gems and runes we can, then take out Diablo. The party is really starting to gel, with Poet and I tanking, and the firepower of Kelicc, Stinger, Skunk, and Panders cleaning up around us.

Sorry for the short and wimpy post, but I gotta do laundry and go to work today... (oh, yeah, and i'm a bit hung over... duh)

2. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Short and sweet updates get it done sometimes. :thumbsup: One key element that I'm sure everyone wants to know..... What rune did we get from the Hellforge?

From our first Hellforge run we got....... El! Woohoo!!!

3. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I believe Stinger's response to getting that rune was something along the lines of "Bless this gift my *bleep* we're going to kill that *bleeping* Heph for this *bleeping* piece of *bleep* so many times". =P

4. CoonerTheRed

indeed, I'm pretty sure that was the exact quote of Stinger :D

5. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

A question for the group: how is everyones gear? As far as I know you guys are going it untwinked and I was just wondering how everyone is shaping up!

6. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Mine is very, very mediocre at the moment :) But, as a caster, I have been deferring to the melee guys with regards to armor, helms, shields, etc. They need it more than I do at this point.

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

My gear doesnt matter, I have Fade and that Norm unique Sword with resists so i am smoking!

That El was left to rot away and I will personally pay Heph many visits to repay his insulting gift! BTW, I ran him 10 times in Hell last night and one time I even let him regen so I could beat on him more!!! God i would of been happy for a TAL or ETH butan EL!!!!

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

OH, you guys should do some gambling and shopping for Light and Fire stuffs, at least get something with sockets and spend a few gems if ya must. If you go against D untwinked wiht terrible res one little lightning hose or fire flood is all it takes!

Know your resist and if you are lacking TELL US as someone may have extra or like myself be maxed and can spare some and I beleive I gave aways some charms the other night i really didnt need for Norm!

9. CoonerTheRed

good point. don't do too much til tuesday though- we can take a survey and see which of the two we're lacking in teh most and i'll use that resist aura. Then your gear just needs to buff one resist, not both.

And yeah, gear is decent for untwinked, but nothign special. i'm using gemmed armour and mostly rares for the rest, plus a shopped sceptre (+2 conc aura... as i'm going conv i don't have a point spent on conc but it seems like the best aura for the team at the moment)

10. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

My kicker is shaping up nicely, but i dont wanan let go of the khalims will :(

11. CoonerTheRed

oh, completely forgot to mention this-

i muled the "other" spare khalim's will (the one someone dropped in rogue but isn't being used by dahkar), so if we need it, it's chilling on one of my mules

12. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

Good advice Stinger! I think my resists are okay, but I'll check them out just in case. I'm shuddering at the thoughts of the CS next round! ;)

Good update Cooner! And make no nevermind about the delay...I'm an Irishman too. Well, removed by about 400 years, that is.... :D

We'll make that Hephisto pay! GIB TAL PLZ!!!!

See y'all on Tuesday!

Poet

13. CoonerTheRed

yeah, i have to admit, i'm at best half irish, but the red hair makes me seem much more than half... not that i would ever complain when it managed to get me lots of free beer yesterday..... :D

14. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

Untwinked gear is....definately untwinked. =) Basically just some gemmed stuff and a rare or two gearwise for me.

As for resists....67/27/54/28. Would like to some time replace my two chipped diamond shield to something that might prove more adequate resist wise. =P
    Being a caster the only thing I'm truly worried about are elemental attacks, our tanks seem to be handling everything else pretty well.

Would just like to say this group is a blast and I love playing with yall. Looking forward to the next game.

15. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

My gear is miserable... even for untwinked, my gear is miserable. I've gambled about 50 pairs of boots, and the only thing I found with any faster run/walk at all was a pair of +10% plain boots :(

So anyway, my biggest need (as someone rudely pointed out :D ) is fast run/walk boots. My second biggest need is a Stealth armor... I'm using up mana pots like Conner uses up St. Patty's day beer :drink:

See y'all Tuesday, if my pacemaker holds out...

16. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

FRW is so not needed!

Best time to gamble boots belts and glooves is now, not before hand and even then getting good rez with speed isnt the priority, its the rez first, screw the speed!

LIVE, JUST LIVE BABY!!!

17. CoonerTheRed

normally i would agree, but as the official speed burst provider of the scd (go go vigor) i've had to drop behind and give Skunkbelly a little burst wayyyy too often :D

18. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

i'm back. i'll try to be caught up by this tuesday.

kenshin

19. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

Welcome back Kenshin! We've missed your Zon. ;) Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday night!

Poet

20. CoonerTheRed

great! good to hear Kenshin. I should be on a bit on Monday, if you're around and want some help catching up, *coonerthered