Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SCD- day 1

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Feb 25, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

SCD- day 1

The first rays of sunshine peered over the horizon as six lone warriors gathered around the fire. The mighty barbarian hefted his sword; new steel for an old dog. The amazon inspected her mighty wooden javs slowly, tired from her travels as only old bones can be. The young palidin crouched down against the stone wall, amazed at the sheer numbers of years of experience surrounding him. The assassin twirled her blades, her arthritis-slowed fingers remembering the feel of her weapons, and nervously checking the worn burlap bag of traps slung over her shoulder. The sorceress adjusted her reading glasses and poured over an old book, mumbling to herself under her breath. And the druid just stood peacefully, warming his hands at the fire. Each was wizened beyond his years, and even the young palidin had many a summer destroying evil under his cracked sash. Each had heeded the call of the Sisters of the Sightless Eye, traveling from far and wide to be there in the time of the Rogue's need. They had come from places like the cattle-grazing lands of Yootika, the sour mash fields of Ten-nessie, and even the great cities like York.

Warriv, the old travelor in blue, approached, and let the warriors know that the last of their group was approaching. Sure enough, the creak of old bones and a walker warned the group of the last member of their company before they could see him. At last Grandpa, the old necromancer made his way out from inside the tent.

Warriv welcomed them all by name, and thanked them for coming. At last, the untwinked fellowship known only as the Senior Citizen's Division had begun.

The first night of SCD began without a hitch, with exactly 7 people to play each of the 7 characters (with some messing up of names/chars... this is the SCD, i don't have to have short term memory to play with these guys, but sorry anyway :lol: ):

SCD_PoetsRage (our fearless leader WarriorPoet as the conc/bo barb)
    SCD-Cooner (myself the veang/conv pali)
    SCD-ofTEB (Stinger the trappassin)
    SCD-Kelicc (Kelicc the fire sorc)
    SCD-Skunkwind (i think... Skunkbelly the druid)
    javs-SCD (Dahkar the javazon ? But i think he changed the name...)
    SCD-Grandpa (our poison necro... was this Kenshin? help me out here)

For most of the night, all went well, with only a few close scares by the fast-moving Grandpa and our resident tank, Poet'sRage. The den and Blood Raven were quickly taken care of, Cain was rescued, and all went as planned for most of the game. Rares were falling like flies (and the countess even dropped a uni bow) so items were passed around and divied up. With the exception of a few teamwork issues and general strategy questions, the team quickly morphed into a well-oiled killing machine, taking monsters out faster than they could spawn.

All went well, until the last 10 minutes of play, when yours truely had the good fortune (and stupidity) to get trapped in the chaos between a wall and a particularly rough LE monster in Cat 1, and find the deeds screen. (All bets of whether Gramps or Poet would eat it first were proven wrong.) I feel it's good to get that one out of my system.... NO MORE DYING!

However, despite the death, I think a good time was had by all, and that this team should mold nicely into a unit. It was nice to see the mountain of gear strewn all over town, with people taking as they needed and dropping as they didn't. Two thumbs up to a great night of coop- and I'm definitely looking forward to next week.

(ps- due to dumb luck, and Stinger and Kelicc's donations of Cooner part 1's loot to SCD-Cooner part 2, I'm back up to lvl 14 at the Inner Cloisters wp. In the first game I created to clear the den, I was quickly joined by 5 or 6 others, and we had a pretty decent experience questing together (for a pubbie). Cooner 2 is (of course) untwinked (only has the gear Stinger and Kelicc donated plus a rare or two I found in questing to catch up) and is looking forward to running with the old dogs :D )

2. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

Fine job Cooner! Sorry I didn't get a write-up on here in time. Seems I'm still moving too slow! :lol:

It was a great game, though I do hate your demise. Glad you're back up to speed, though! I believe we'll only get better as we move on. Things moved faster than I'm used to with this team, but even us fossils will keep up next time. ;)

Thanks to Stinger for taking the lead most of the time...and to Grandpa and everyone else for the humor. Oh, and I believe Kenshin was our javer and Dahkar was our necro...but hey, at my age the memory is the second thing to go (but you don't miss the first thing that way :p)...

A great game and a great report, Cooner! We have room for one more if rathwraith wants still wants to come aboard! Also, Kenshin will be absent for two weeks after next week's game.

See you next week!

Poet

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

"The assassin twirled her blades, her arthritis-slowed fingers remembering the feel of her weapons, and nervously checking the worn burlap bag of traps slung over her shoulder."

OMG! I think I just aged 20 years!

You know traps are pretty cool, but there are times where ya wish you could just turn them off! I tossed 5 into that hoard of badies after Poet backed out and the poor "Connerthedead" jumped in and then it was over, hell I drank 3 pots just trying to heal him and I never got touched!

One thing that quckly smacks you in the face untwinked is that those little weak arse elements in Act 1 Norm hurt when you dont have your twink gear!!!

Things for everyone to remember, and one reason my stash is packed full!!!

3 rings in cube = 1 ammy, 3 ammy = 1 ring This is actually the best way to aquire the ML and mana jewlery that will be needed so save them up even if they are stupid 2 man rings!!!

3 tiney chipped diamonds are 24 priz in a 3 sock shield!!!

Gambleing rules all! Pick all those wands and staves and scepters and stock up on gold.... Next week we should all be at or around excelllent gambling lvl for resist gear like glooves, boots and belts.

Saphires are mana! They are also pretty devistating cold damage in a socket while in Norm 1-3!!!

3 chips dont make Cruels but they still roll stats and give a socket or two so give it a whirl!

Dont forget about two pretty solid runewords for early going, Stealth and Steel!!!

It wouldnt hurt a bit if someone else gets in. Wouldnt hurt to have a hammerdin as right now we have no damage arura whihc isnt a must, but would be a hughe bonus later. Even a Druid Summoner using HoW if that tickled your fancy! Hell a Bear with HoW.........wish I thought of that sooner......growl!

4. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hahaha... thx for the laugh :)
    I will follow your future adventures with great interest. Sounds like you have a nice team going here. Please keep us updated!

/Magnus (KTA)

PS! Great name of your team :lol:

5. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Nice write-up, Cooner :) Sorry again about your unfortunate end ("He's fallen.....and he can't get up!!") but if you had to die, I guess it was best to die right in the beginning :)

Like Stinger said, not only pick up items that can be sold for gold, but remember to pick up the gold!! I picked up quite a few stray piles of gold. Since we're untwinked, gambling is even more important to us!

Oh, and one minor correction to the write-up, my Sorceress's name is Kelicca, not Kelicc, because she's a lady :lady:

Looking forward to next week!!

6. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

LOL... you know, since this *is* the Senior Citizens Division, I expected a good deal of bucket-kicking... but in the first week?!

Good points, Stinger. All those silly fulminating/choking/etc. potions are also good cheap $$$.

And on that note, if anyone manages to gamble some Adult Undergarments with decent resists, I could use 'em :flip:

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Scintelating Depends of the Mammoth!

UBER!

8. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Phil aka Skunk... I see your gonna be playing a druid... are u going Wind? - hence the name Skunkwind. Or is that misnomer.

If your going Wind, just like my char for Pure Game... just one major suggestion.. get lots of mana your gonna need it. :uhhuh: Not just in your double row belt - u need @ least 20 in your inv. Use those 1st, so u don't have to scramble when your belt goes empty.

I really enjoyed the prologue... that descriptive opening was wonderfully written... :clap: @ Crooner.

I look forward to reading your adventures... since I do the writing for Pure Game myself.

Have fun and stay safe

Wing

9. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Sounds like an Everlasting Curse of Decripification

You guys need some Bengay? How about some Exlax? Make sure you guys get plenty of fiber in your diets!

:jig:

Prez

10. skunkbelly

Yes indeed, wind druid... and lol, yep, I've noticed how people in our puregame scramble for the mana pots... between your wind druid, my sorc, and shadoway's hammerdin, there's never quite enough ;) I'll have to stock up, when I finally start getting the skills.

11. CoonerTheRed

eh, the death was just a lack of forethought on my part... i saw poet's life going down and thought he had gotten trapped out there by himself. I think I managed to sneak out the door just as he made it back in, and my "oh crap- light healing - light healing- run around trying to get unstuck - light healing" didn't quite do the trick.

like i said, no big deal as I got lucky with a good pubbie and 1.5 hours later was caught up again.

and thanks all for the compliments on the writing... my first attempt at this style- if I'm feeling ambitious maybe I'll keep doing it each Tuesday night...

12. WarriorPoet

I tried to hang in there as long as I could for you, Cooner...I ate all my pots and finished off my last one just as I escaped as you died. I thought for a moment there I had bought it myself. Glad we were at such a low level and your rebuild didn't take too long! (Great job on the writing, as well! :D )

Now it's between me and Skunkbelly to see who buys it next! :D

13. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

Great write up Cooner. :thumbsup:

Yep, I was the java... the sexy killing machine with my uber +2 max dmg +1 cold dmg! short bow.

Great fun was had by all. :buddies:
    until next week fogies... don't forget to take yer diuretics.

14. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I noticed...

Noticed that ya'll only have 7 members, looking for an 8th, perhaps? Was thinking maybe a cleric? But more than willing to try any other build if you all are willing to have me.

Wonderful write up by the way. =)

Edit: *panders or *vtc-sober if you want to get in touch.

15. CoonerTheRed

oops, my fault... i'll get it straight next time :)

16. skunkbelly

Hey, how'd I get on the short list? :D

17. WarriorPoet

Whooops! I meant Dahkar! We'll get this name-thing sorted out soon enough I hope! :lol:

You're not on the short list, Skunk...matter of fact I think Skunkwind will stay around for a long, long time...just stand downwind, will ya? I mean...Hurricane with skunk-scent???? :surprise:

18. skunkbelly

Is there any "downwind" in a hurricane? Don't think so! :jig:

19. CoonerTheRed

dead center :flip:

20. WarriorPoet

The "Skunk-eye of the storm"??? :scratch: