scapegoat the sacrificial paladin

mrsplifferton

Diabloii.Net Member
scapegoat the sacrificial paladin

I've decided to start up an untwinked SP pally. I thought I'd see if I could make a sacrifice viable build.

Any ideas on what items/skills I should focus on?

I figure life leech is going to be a must.

Fanatacism? at lvl20 and a 0 base speed weapon I only need 60IAS to reach the max break point.

Anyways, any tips would be appreciated, I'm going to start him up soon.

hubb

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: scapegoat the sacrificial paladin

I've tried sacrifice on a hero-editor char in single player and it's pretty horrible, you lose hp way too fast to make it viable and the ED isn't all that great. I suppose if you stack on an insane amount of leech it might work, but it's definitely not something I'd try untwinked.

mrsplifferton

Diabloii.Net Member

So I've been playing around with ScapeGoat for a bit and am very confused about the life draining from Sacrafice.

It says 8% of your health, however there are many time I have hit a creature and not seen my health drop at all, other times it seems it's more around 4%. There are also times it seems to work as intended.

Maybe a prayer aura merc could help offset the health cost of Sacrafice...

Also thinking as a theme I should use the runeword 'Malice' at some point...

hubb

Diabloii.Net Member

Nope, it's self 8 % damage to self, i.e. 8% of the damage you inflict. It's still viable early in the game because the monsters have such low hp that you don't need much damage to kill them. In hell where they generally have many times more hp than you and you need more damage to kill them, your life bulb will go down with more than 8% of your total life.

Redemption will help but I still don't think it's viable end-game unless you play really slowly. I haven't tried using sacrifice while leveling up after getting zeal, so it'll be interesting to see how far you get.

mrsplifferton

Diabloii.Net Member

I didn't know it was based off of your damage output. That's even worse than what I thought it was.

Hell Andarial has 60k hp which results in over 4.8k damage taken during the fight. I know other hell monsters have close to double the hp she has so it would be even worse.

I think there will be a humerous death at the end of this experiment.

SimmoK

Diabloii.Net Member

Life tap would help immensely. Use draculs gloves and an exile shield so that youre casting life tap all the time. Or keep a necro wand on switch with life tap charges.

Im a fan of interesting new builds, dont give up on it just because people are telling you it shouldnt work. ;)