Scammers become more and more stupid?

Uriah_Heep

Diabloii.Net Member
Scammers become more and more stupid?

Ok,so some guy offers Enigma for my ohm and Leviathan which is cheap enough to raise suspicions but I decide to enter the game and see what happens.He says he can add anni but I have to add something too.I think "Oh,yeah,right anni got involved,forget it" but continue to play.I say I add 4 100psn charms and he agrees.He wants me to come to act2 and goes to the well known bar.I tell him that this is a cheat and add that I want to trade in act5.He agrees and we go to act5 and he says"I want you to stand by the wall and drop items(here it becomes more than obvious that he is a cheater.)I say I am sorry but I decided not to trade and he hurries to offer another trade in act1 where we must drop items and run and do you see,he will be naked thus slow(as if I can't see his Vigor aura:)).I tell him I don't agree and he says his brother works for Blizzard and will hack my account.I say "Feel free" and leave.

In the past scammers used some sly methods but offering Enigma for ohm and using BoS or Vigor...give me a break.

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
His brother works for Blizzard...oooh, scary.

A. How can one be sure his brother is not the janitor?

B. How can one be sure he has the same computer skills as his brother, if his brother does in fact actually work with computers?

C. If he does not have such skill and he expects to convince his brother, who does work with computers, to hack your account, do you think his brother would value someone else's petty revenge over his own job, freedom, and reputation?

chaka

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna said:
His brother works for Blizzard...oooh, scary.

B. How can one be sure he has the same computer skills as his brother, if his brother does in fact actually work with computers?

C. If he does not have such skill and he expects to convince his brother, who does work with computers, to hack your account, do you think his brother would value someone else's petty revenge over his own job, freedom, and reputation?
D. If he did work at Blizzard (and wasn't the janitor), he wouldn't need to hack the account. He could just accesss it.

SHAOC

Banned
I catch people on those kind of scams all the time. If you are dumb enough to be scammed, then you deserve to lose your stuff. stupid newbies.

Gadzukes

Diabloii.Net Member
Yavanna and chaka said:

D. If he did work at Blizzard (and wasn't the janitor), he wouldn't need to hack the account. He could just accesss it.
E. If his brother actually does work at Blizzard, and has anything at all to do with working on D2, he would have no need to "trade" for items. I'm sure big brother could just spawn him an uber account with whatever he wants in it.