Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Scammer -VVpaine(butterfun)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by cinten, Feb 12, 2004.

1. cinten

cinten IncGamers Member

Scammer -VVpaine(butterfun)

Well learned my lesson today with my own stupidity of trusting people. VVpaine(butterfun) scammed me. Lost my best items in the drop trade for a gheeds charm. Stupid me, should have read the forums to realize it was a scam. This sucks. Why do people on bnet west suck so bad. I took me forever to get that soj. I'm ready to quit. I hope he dies.

2. daskidude

daskidude Banned

sorry about your loss, i have a few sojs for trade on US east nl. what are you on?

3. cinten

cinten IncGamers Member

Us West. Just posted to vent. Lesson learned.

4. discoboomer

discoboomer IncGamers Member

wait, your SOJ for their Gheeds?

that doesn't seem right. and if ya don't mind, what scam was it?

5. cinten

cinten IncGamers Member

I was stupid. It was the drop and run to each others item scam, which if i read the boards i would have known. I'm a dumb ***.

6. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Ouch sorry for your loss man.
    Also a Gheed is worth almost nothing. I have like 6 or 7 of them, how can anyone ask a SOJ for that?! Too bad I'm not on the US West realm, I'd have tossed you one for free.

Also let me guess, he said it was a perfect 40? Beware of those, I see that all the time, and I doubt they're even 30.

7. cinten

cinten IncGamers Member

Oh well, thanks anyways. The fun for Diablo for me is magic finding. So was more intersted in getting mf gear, figured I get a new one later. I feel better now thanks to the nice replies.

8. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Even if he'd gone through with the trade, you would have gotten massively ripped off.

Sorry buddy. Next time use the forums here and elsewhere to determine trade values.

9. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Sorry to clairfy. Is the scam like where you both drop the item on the floor and you each respectively run for the item.

In his case he teleported and got both your item and his own??

I haven't traded at all but it be useful to know what to look out for? Most scams in the trade forums?

Frenzied - I take it the easiest way to get a IK set is to trade for it as no doubt you will get a few duplicates before getting the whole set? Trading just scares me :teeth:

Cheers and sorry to the guy who lost his eq (sickening feeling i know)

10. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

As far as I know the IK set hasn't been widely duped. The botters and non stop pit runners are simply finding them in droves.

You should be able to get an IK armor fairly cheap. It used to go for a SoJ on ladder east, nowdays you could probably get it from Vex from the right seller. Or Ist + a good item. I think.

Fact of the matter is 99% of sellers always overcharge. You either talk them down or don't buy.. never settle for their price.

I've been trading for Mal runes like mad. It's a nice middle-ground rune, and happens to cube up to Ist :)

11. discoboomer

discoboomer IncGamers Member

IK armor goes for IST on west. Those trades are not bad.

if you wanna trade a untradable (ie anni or gheeds) try the palace act 2, on the back porch. One on top one on bottom, you can see both items and can meet in the middle.

watch out though, I was even scammed on that. hehe, that f'er was a fast runner.

ya live, ya learn. and I think I have an extra gheeds I'd sell for cheap on west ladder.

12. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I just want to make something clear to everyone. Scammers, cheaters and hackers are on all the realms, not just West. You need to be cautious all the time. It ain't just the monsters that are out to get you.

On the other side of the coin, there are a lot of good people out there too. It's just that the minority of punks makes it look like the majority of good people aren't there. The other problem is we more frequently post notices telling everyone about the bad things other people did to us. When was the last time someone posted something nice another person did for us?

Masa

13. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

OK-two days ago I traded my annihilus for ohm with a guy named Spellprotector and he didn't stop thanking me for 30 minutes after that that I didn't cheat.The trade took place in act5.We used the fence by the stash,on a side note.

14. prophetsword

prophetsword IncGamers Member

I strongly recommend using the trade forums here. I have done a number of gheeds and anni trades. People have trusted me, and I have trusted others, and have yet to be cheated. Many good people trade on the forums. Highly recommended.

15. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

Agree,99% of the guys are great.We don't even use the trade screen.Just drop the item,then exit and come with mule,drop another item,pick your item then he helps me mule,I help him too.It is so great.But be careful,though.Make sure the guy has at least 50-100 posts and for anni and Gheeds even more.

16. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

I know how you feel, for a while I was desperate for an enigma when a guy did that switchero hack where the item switches and the accept button does not turn red. Instead of enigma I got magical quilted armor. Yea I felt like quiting, and that was 2 months ago and now, I am quiting. My account is on ebay and in less then a week I'll be diablo free.

17. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yeah I got scammed when I was trading for an annihilus small charm. Except the guy who scammed me was using pick-it.

18. iamapoorman

iamapoorman IncGamers Member

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't

I feel for your loss. I, too, poor man that I am have been scammed a couple of times. But nothing beats the guy who got scammed for real money by a "Verified Paypal" Scammer Seller.

So this is what happened:

I was in the USEast Ladder Trade Channel when there was this "Verified Paypal" (*BITN, I think stands for Buy It Now) seller spamming: 6 LADDER SOJS for only $30. I said, "WOW!" that's only 5$ per SOJ when it's twice more on Ebay. I have never felt the urge to use real money for virtual items but that seemed like an offer nobody can refuse. So I msgd him and said I want to buy the 6 SOJs. And we met in a game.

He showed me 6 SOJs and said, you interested? I'm like: yeah. He put 6 more SOJs for a total of 12 and said, all of them for just $50.00 bulk deal. I was like WHOA! Great deal. ($50 is my only money in Paypal.) Feeling a little bit doubtful I asked him if I could buy them one at a time. He said: "NO, BULK ONLY." I said, ok, 2 at a time? He insisted: "NO I SAID BULK ONLY. It's either 6 for 30 or 12 for 50. Take or leave." At that moment another character comes in the game and says, "I'm interested to buy 6 SOJs." I said I'm only going to buy if you sell me one SOJ at a time. With that he closed the trade screen and asked me to leave. I stayed.

The other person who came in was more trusting. He first sent $.01 to make sure that the seller was Paypal verified, and he was. The seller told him the same thing $50 for 12 SOJs. The buyer said, "OK, sending money right now."

A few minutes passed and there was silence. The buyer kept asking the seller, "did you get the money yet?" The seller finally came back and said, "Yup, got your $50." The buyer says, "can I get my SOJs now."

Without saying a word the seller just left. Needless to say there were lots of F*** that was now being spammed by the victim.

I was like, HOLY CRAP. That could have been me.

19. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Hopefully he got his account name so he could hunt him down later lol. I'm sure he could have reported him to blizzard, but I doubt blizz would have done anything.

20. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Hopefully he has his paypal email so he can be shot and killed.