SC Untwinked MF Tourney - SIGNUP!

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
SC Untwinked MF Tourney - SIGNUP!

Untwinked MF Tourney (SC)

This tournament is for the players who want to start fresh (for example in 1.11 ladder), or are just starting fresh (welcome noobs or converted bnetters!), or want to have fun with filling the holes in the empty grail table again (like me).

BASIC IDEA: Start an untwinked character, and try to find as much set and uniques as you can in one month. The winner will be the player who will have the highest (grail count + bonus for his best five items). All entrants will donate 15 PGems as the signup donation. Winner will take all of them.
I am sure we can make the final answer for the favorite noob question: "Which character should I start with?"

RULES:
1. Allowed Versions: 1.10,1.11; allowed mods: RRM,1.10FE, you can use RWM mod, but you can't make/use any BNET runewords.

2. Untwinked SC (can be HC too, but HC chars are seriously disadvantaged). You can mule the items off to special stash, from which you can mule back on your char. Trading is not allowed. MP is not allowed.

3. Only 1 character.

4. No build restrictions, but you can't use a synergy bug (from items with charges) if you are playing 1.10.

5. You can run any area any difficulty anytime. Whatever player settings you like.

6. You can't use maphack and seed command to recover maps.

7. SCORES:
Base score will be the number of different set/uniques found with your character. The same as in the Grail thread, we have a great tools as Flavie and Medieval Mart to count them.
Bonus score will be counted for your best 5 items according to MFO lvl 85 scoresheet.

Example: You will have 225 (different) uniques/sets found at the end of the tournament, the rarest will be The Redeemer(19.5), Death'S Fathom (16.8), Windforce (9.3), another Windforce (9.3) and Eaglehorn (5.7). Your Final Score will be 285.6

8. START DATE 09-17-2005, END DATE 10-16-2005 (local times)

9. The signup PGEM donation should be sent in an atma-stash called forumname_umf until 09-30-2005 [edit] to my mail: hrus(at)hrus(dot)net. If you play RWM mod normally , you have to collect your gems with the tournament character, so the gems are not tainted by the mod.
If you don't have 15 PGems, you can start to play and collect them before the deadline. Any PGems are acceptable, I think you know how to use them if you win.

10. If the interest will be low, the tourney will not start.

I look forward to find out which build will be the most effective MF starter. Gogo, sign now!

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
SCORESHEET:
Immortal King's Stone Crusher|1|
Dangoon's Teaching|1.3|
Laying of Hands|1.4|
Dark Adherent|1.6|
Natalya's Shadow|1.7|
Credendum|1.7|
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer|1.9|
Arioc's Needle|2.3|
Wizardspike|2.3|
Ondal's Almighty|2.3|
Bonehew|2.3|
M'avina's Embrace|2.3|
Shadow Killer|2.4|
Windhammer|2.5|
Ethereal Edge|2.5|
Hellslayer|2.6|
Viperfork|2.6|
Hellrack|2.6|
Gimmershred|2.8|
Demon Limb|2.8|
Jade Talon|3|
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator|3.1|
Lightsabre|3.1|
Naj's Light Plate|3.1|
Naj's Puzzler|3.1|
Trang-Oul's Girth|3.2|
Tal Rasha's Guardianship|3.2|
Baranar's Star|3.2|
Rune Master|3.2|
Djinn Slayer|3.2|
Flamebellow|3.3|
The Reaper's Toll|3.3|
Demon's Arch|3.3|
Taebaek's Glory|3.3|
Trang-Oul's Guise|3.3|
Aldur's Deception|3.3|
Bloodmoon|3.3|
Nord's Tenderizer|3.5|
Razor's Edge|3.6|
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge|3.8|
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian|3.8|
Ormus' Robes|3.9|
Sandstorm Trek|3.9|
Harlequin Crest|4.1|
Natalya's Mark|4.3|
Tomb Reaver|4.3|
Cranebeak|4.3|
Wraith Flight|4.3|
Widowmaker|4.3|
Lacerator|4.3|
Andariel's Visage|4.3|
Verdungo's Hearty Cord|4.3|
Immortal King's Soul Cage|4.3|
M'avina's True Sight|4.3|
Griswold's Valor|4.3|
Eschuta's Temper|4.6|
Messerschmidt's Reaver|4.6|
Frostwind|4.6|
Fleshripper|4.6|
Gut Siphon|4.6|
Thunderstroke|4.7|
The Gladiator's Bane|4.9|
Marrowwalk|5|
Stormshield|5|
Firelizard's Talons|5.2|
M'avina's Caster|5.2|
Medusa's Gaze|5.7|
Doombringer|5.7|
Warshrike|5.7|
Eaglehorn|5.7|
Leviathan|5.7|
Stone Crusher|5.8|
Arachnid Mesh|5.9|
Blackoak Shield|5.9|
Dracul's Grasp|5.9|
Stoneraven|6|
Steel Shade|6.6|
Nosferatu's Coil|6.6|
Spike Thorn|6.6|
Soul Drainer|6.6|
Blood Raven's Charge|6.7|
Horizon's Tornado|6.8|
Wolfhowl|7.3|
Arkaine's Valor|7.8|
Head Hunter's Glory|7.8|
Ondal's Wisdom|7.8|
Boneshade|7.9|
Demonhorn's Edge|7.9|
Steel Carapace|8.1|
Giant Skull|8.1|
Spirit Ward|8.1|
Alma Negra|9.1|
The Grandfather|9.3|
Death Cleaver|9.3|
Windforce|9.3|
Ghostflame|9.3|
Executioner's Justice|9.3|
Stormspire|9.3|
Gargoyle's Bite|9.3|
Steel Pillar|9.3|
Griswold's Honor|9.8|
Halaberd's Reign|10.4|
Boneflame|10.4|
Steelrend|10.7|
Griffon's Eye|10.7|
Shadow Dancer|10.7|
Crown of Ages|10.7|
Cerebus' Bite|11|
Griswold's Redemption|11.3|
Nightwing's Veil|11.4|
Veil of Steel|11.4|
Templar's Might|12|
Spirit Keeper|14.2|
Dragonscale|14.6|
Ravenlore|14.6|
Azurewrath|15.6|
Death's Fathom|16.8|
The Cranium Basher|18.6|
Earth Shifter|18.6|
Darkforce Spawn|19.3|
The Redeemer|19.5|
Heaven's Light|19.5|
Schaefer's Hammer|23.1|
Mang Song's Lesson|27.8|
Astreon's Iron Ward|27.8|
Death's Web|27.9|
Stormlash|34|
Tyrael's Might|96.4|

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Signup/score table
Code:
forumname           character-name   build           totalscore   grail  top5
Hrus                Astreon          Hammerdin       0            0      0

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Signup/score table
Code:
Sedna               SC-CoolTrix      Blizzard        0            0      0
Me! Me!
Edit: Ahh screwed up the table. one sec. let me edit.

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
Signup/score table
Code:
jjscud              Stormlash        Zealer          0            0      0

Sorry for the name Hijack Hrus, I was really searching and just couldn't think of anything original. Sounds fun, and reasonably intersting.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice idea. How come not any of the exceptional uniques or the TC3 items have any special scores? There must be plenty of exceptional uniques that are harder to find than Laying of Hands.

I won´t particpate, though. I do have enough perfect gems on my retired characters, but my grailing doesn´t allow for repeated killing of areas/bosses. That would put me at a serious disadvantage (no kidding!). I am better off just playing in other tournaments.

'No-repeat' MF-ing would be a nice tournament idea, though. Especially in HC. How much MF do I dare to put on at the various stages of the game? Stategies to accomplish so that the merc can deal the killing blow to act bosses. Can I do the Pit on players 7 wearing 400% MF without dying? Etc.

Edmond Dantes

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I might as well sign up, but since I completely wiped all my D2 characters and stashes, I don't have the 15 perfect gems required. Actually, I have nothing, since I haven't started SP in 1.11 yet. I've been playing on bnet since the ladder reset and since I've now fought the ubers, it's time to get back to the SPF (and start anew). I'll try and get 15 pgems by the Sept. 17th deadline...that's 10 days away, so I should be able to.

Code:
Edmond Dantes       Miss-Blizz       Blizzard        0            0      0

Butz

Diabloii.Net Member
Signup/score table
Code:
Butz                JonnyGreenwood   Conc/WW  Barb   0            0      0
Wow this sound like fun sign me up. :thumbsup:

I'm really confused about this part.
9. The signup PGEM donation should be sent in an atma-stash called forumname_umf until 09-30-2005 [edit] to my mail: hrus(at)hrus(dot)net. If you play RWM mod normally , you have to collect your gems with the tournament character, so the gems are not tainted by the mod.
If you don't have 15 PGems, you can start to play and collect them before the deadline. Any PGems are acceptable, I think you know how to use them if you win.
Are you saying that RWM is not allowed? :confused:

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
Butz said:
Are you saying that RWM is not allowed? :confused:
I believe he's saying that the RWM is allowed in the tourney but PGems tainted by the RWM are not allowed as the entry fee. You would have to farm a few PGems (or perhaps trade for some non RWM PGems) before the deadline.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
jjscud said:
I believe he's saying that the RWM is allowed in the tourney but PGems tainted by the RWM are not allowed as the entry fee. You would have to farm a few PGems (or perhaps trade for some non RWM PGems) before the deadline.
Exactly! And as I said before, you can collect the PGems with the tournament characer and send them until the end of September (09-30-2005).
EDIT: Basically the RWM is not allowed, but if you have RWM already installed, you can play with it if you don't create any non-vanilla runewords. So the RWM users are not forced to uninstall the mod if they want to join this tourney.
EDIT: @Jiansonz: I wanted to include some other items, including TC3 and jewelry, but I didn't find a way how to calculate the score. Some TC3 for example are rarer than Stormlash in lvl 85 areas, but are more common if you run the right targets in normal Act 1 (Coldcrow). The same with jewelry (NM Andy)

DuesNox

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Duesnox		    Dionysus	     Fishymancer     0            0      0
I needed to find an excuse to make a softcore Skelymancer, I just love that build. I also need to find a way tog et some more items without getting bored to death. Since I love competition, this is the best way for both.

I will probably send my perfect gems by mail later this month, I'm sure I have 15, but I will probably try to get them from this guy.

Billybgame

Diabloii.Net Member
DuesNox said:
Code:
Billybgame          Unknown          Javazon
I needed to find an excuse to make a softcore Skelymancer, I just love that build. I also need to find a way tog et some more items without getting bored to death. Since I love competition, this is the best way for both.

I will probably send my perfect gems by mail later this month, I'm sure I have 15, but I will probably try to get them from this guy.
I have a character I've yet to make on SP/Open/IP, that I'd like to do, so sign me up. I've also not played any of my prior Open/IP characters in 1.11 RWM yet, even though I've downloaded it. So, I'm sure I can scare up 15 perfect gems, in mere minutes.

Edit: Can someone please educate me on updating these tables properly, without screwing them up? Not only am I having problems aligning, but when I post, it changes it to italics. Thanks!

Moar

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Billybgame said:
Edit: Can someone please educate me on updating these tables properly, without screwing them up? Not only am I having problems aligning, but when I post, it changes it to italics. Thanks!
You have to take the (Quote) tags away. The message should start with (code). Same in the end, take the (/Quote) away.

Billybgame

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Billybgame          JavvyLovesBilly  Javazon         0            0      0
Ok, here's another try.

Still, though, how do you know for sure that you've got your letters in alignment with the current table? The few times I've done this, I have to keep editing, to get it to line up.

Humphrey

Diabloii.Net Member
This looks like fun, if I get my laptop back in time I will sign up too. Not sure what build, I don't want to make one I've made before, maybe I'll restart my bonemancer.

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Tasdaz              ?                ?               0            0      0
Looks like fun. I'm not decided yet what build I will use, probably a sorc or maybe something completely different (more likely).

Edit: an idea for the jewlery/TC3 items, would be like I was going to do with my gambling olympics idea.

You grade the score of the item against the ISKCrusher as if dropped by Baal in Hell setting. Use the appropriate drop chance from the difficulty setting the item dropped in. Score cards could be made for each of the 3 difficulties, and as the difficulty increases, so should the score for finding the item (especially TC3).

Edit 2: I think I have worked out a usable formula for this:

Easiest set item for Hell Baal to drop is IKSC (1:485 0% MF)

Hardest TC3 to find from Baal is Knell Stricker -

1:21453 @ Normal, 1: 27953 @ Nightmare, 1: 31940 @ Hell - 0% MF

Use the current formula to get the following score:

Hell = 65.85 points
Nightmare = 57.63 points
Normal = 44.23 points

Ok, now the thing to even things up. Multiply this score * .item level (ML).

Hell Baal = ML 99, so the score would be:

65.85 * 0.99 = 65.19 points

Normal Coldcrow = ML 7

44.23 * 0.07 = 3.09

It's a bit of work, but it's the best I could come up with for including these items. You can use this formula to include other items such as jewlery too.

I am willing to do up the score cards if you like & I can post them here & on my web page before the tourney starts. Let me know what you think.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
In order to include things like jewelry or TC3 items, you could try a comparison based on their most frequently run targets (let's say normal coldcrow for tc3 and NM andy for jewelry, etc,) and make the base item value the most common item in that particular group (probably nagelring for the jewelry, no idea what the most common TC3 is.) This wouldn't give a perfect rarity comparison, but it would likely prevent people who find any TC3 in A1Norm from beating out the people who find a stormlash after farming hell meph/pindle.

Incorporating a modifier based on the found TC3/jewelry's ilvl could also work. A TC3 from hell pindle is much rarer than a TC3 from norm coldcrow.

Just ideas.
-Isch

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ischade said:
In order to include things like jewelry or TC3 items, you could try a comparison based on their most frequently run targets (let's say normal coldcrow for tc3 and NM andy for jewelry, etc,) and make the base item value the most common item in that particular group (probably nagelring for the jewelry, no idea what the most common TC3 is.) This wouldn't give a perfect rarity comparison, but it would likely prevent people who find any TC3 in A1Norm from beating out the people who find a stormlash after farming hell meph/pindle.

Incorporating a modifier based on the found TC3/jewelry's ilvl could also work. A TC3 from hell pindle is much rarer than a TC3 from norm coldcrow.

Just ideas.
-Isch
Have a look at my post above, and see what you think of that. very similair to your ideas!! :lol:

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Basic idea for the scoresheet is "wherever you find the item doesn't matter, you have X points for it". Comparing rarity with ilvl is complicated IMHO.

I have tried to make it simplier: Get the odds for jewelry (for lvl 85 area boss), multiply by qlvl/100 and divide by odds for IKSC (for lvl 85 area boss).
It looks better, but still Wisp projector is around 26, SoJ 12, Mara's 12 - that is still more points than I have expected, that would give serious advantage to Meph runners and I want people to try to hunt some TC87 instead.
For TC3 this would give Torch of Iro around 5.9 and Hotspur for example 2.5
That's on the other hand little low.

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Tasdaz              ?                ?               0            0      0
Immortal_Slayer     Shiverlia        Blizzard        0            0      0
GOing to enter in a blizzard sorc, this will be my first attempt at one in SP. Should be fun.

-Slayer