Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sazabi set Frenzyer?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Slartibartfast, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Sazabi set Frenzyer?

Well after a generous gift in the form from sazabi's armor (thx again Nikstone)
    I have a complete sazabi set and want to make a char for it. As i have two sazabi swords (well three actually but i have yet to see a three armed barb), i was thinking of making a frenzie barb for it.

Skill setup would be fairly basic:
    20 Frenzy
    20 Sword Mastery
    20 BO
    ~10 Warcry
    enough in natural resistance for nice resists

Any remaining points will go in warcry i think

What i had in mind for gear is:
    Sazabi set
    Highlords wrath
    Imm king gloves
    Wartravs
    Thundergods
    Ravenfrost / a crappy dual leech i have :)

Charms will have to fill the big gaps in resists i think i'll have with this setup, i have quite a lot small resist charms so that should be ok. All the other charms would be life charms / warcry charms if i manage to get my hands on a few.

Stats: enough for equipping everyhting: 100str, 70 dex, everything else in Vit

All in all i should have an insane attack and walk speed due to the sazabi bonusses and frenzy, a big life pool, hopefully reasonable resists

There were a few things i was wondering about though,

- this setup will get me no pdr whatsoever and although due to the low req of most items and the big bonus of others i will have a huge life pool i wonder if late hell will be manageble without it

- Will i have enough damage?? the sazabi swords are not weapons with a really huge damage and i have no clue wheather it will be enough

- Any ideas for switches in gear? I think i have the main things covered, cbf, light/cold absorb (i see no options for fire absorb sadly), including charms nice resists.. but still all ideas welcome. (i could opt for laying of hands but i think i'll have speed enough and damage to demons is already covered in set)

- What merc to take? i'm in doubt between might and holy freeze. I'm thinkink i'll desperately need the damage from a migh but holy freeze is so sweet :)

Think that's all for now :D

ps, if anyone wants a sazabi swords and is planning on using it... i don't see much point in three of them so all i need is an email adress (but it would be nice if it went in use of course :))

2. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

Sazabi's set is a cool, yet frustrating set. The weapon is fast but low damage and you're giving up the most important two armor slots.

I don't think a barb really needs the extra life as much as another character would. Loading up on crushing blow would make things better, but with your helm, armor, and weapons tied up, 25% is about as good as it gets.

I always thought a pally is the best build for a Sazabi character. He can really put the life to got use, and use the shield spot to increase damage output or damage reduction. Something a little off the beaten path - maybe a HF zealot with a might merc.

All that being said, do it if you want to. He'd be a great themed character, if not the fastest killer around. You could always weapon switch to dual 1.07 grandfathers someday. :D

3. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

I was working on a character on b.net ladder that utilized this set. My plan was to have a decent lvl Increased Speed and Frenzy and use him as a rune runner hunting Countess. The life and FRW make this set pretty sek-say imo at least, especially since it is relatively cheap.

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

This set would be a fun one to Frenzy with. That said, I think it would become a whole lot more playable in Hell if you used a bunch of socketing rewards on the weapons, armor, and helm. Getting more damage out of the swords will be key.

You could use the third sword on weapon switch with a shield, for when you need that extra blocking and defense . . .

5. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

That sounds like an extremely challenging build. I wish you luck with it.

I've always thought that set would be best used on an Act 5 mercenary.

6. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Go ahead and try it! It might not be the best killer, but as long as you have fun playing it - that's all that matters.

Maybe you'll give birth to the Slartibartfastbarian ;)

Z_O

7. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I got a Frenzier to Pat a while back, he had some pretty sweet gear and he only just made it (GF, 6% Arreats, Valor, Doombringer).
    I also tried out the full Sazabis set on him and the damage was pretty bad, but I'm sure there are ways of boosting it. His attack was lightning fast though :)
    Frenziers are great fun.

Sam

8. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I am working on a frenzier right now based off of the Bul-Kathos Set:

BK Sacred Charge
    BK Tribal Guardian
    Duriel's Shell (15% IAS jewel)
    IK Belt
    Drac's
    Gore Rider
    Angelic Halo
    Angelic Wings
    7% Manald
    Arreats (15% IAS jewel)

Final build goals:
    20 Frenzy
    20 War Cry
    20 BO
    20 Mastery
    1 Shout
    1 BC
    1 Inc Speed
    1 NR
    Rest in Taunt (synergy for frenzy)

He's just starting in hell and I'm a little worried about the damage. Although he does 200% to undead/demons (cuz of set), The listed damage is something around 800-1000 for the BKTG and 500-1200 for the BKSC. And this is with a slvl 27 frenzy and and something around slvl 20 mastery (that's last to be maxed).

Looking at my build and your proposed build, you'll do even less damage than my BK set+Duriel's Shell+Arreats, and I'm worried about damage in later hell.

Go for it, but good luck. You'll need it.

crg

9. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

What you could do with the Sazabi's set is use a second weapon with crushing blow, or a really high damage weapon. I had a plan to make a frenzier using 2 Sazabi Swords (I found like 4 or 5 so far), and have Atmas Scarab (for amp damage) with Goblin Toe (CB). If I decide not to add any points into berzerk, I'll give my merc reapers toll, and wear Highlords.

10. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

brr that is indeed awfully little damage :scratch: well i think i'll might try to trade or find a gorerider first then for the crushing blow
    and thinking of ways to get the damage up (not too expensive ways cause i'm not rich enough for 40/15 or something :D) Any more or less cheap solutions on this part.

Thx for the reply's i'll just see how he does it then