Say ello to my little friend, Matriarch Vixon

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
Say ello to my little friend, Matriarch Vixon

Frost Maiden Vixon.

Vixon cut through normal and nightmare like a knife through hot butter. It was simple really, what is frozen can't hurt you... and ice cubes die quickly.

Act 1 Hell was a different story... seems as though the whole damn act was cold immune. Enter lightning fury, thanks to t'gods vigor and titans revenge, I was able to push on through hell. Vixon died two times, both in act three, once in the flayer jungle to one of those guys that has tree trunks for arms (like storm tree but not him), the other the same night in the sewer under kurast by a pack of those crazy bat creatures, lead by some insane unique. Guess i was just having a bad night. Burizo took her through much of the game, if its cheesy, sorry, but it was effecient. From Hell ancients through baal, she used an upped witchwild (cause i finally found one). The battle with the ancients was really epic, I did save and exit once when i couldnt get away from the one that leap attacks, and he had fe exploded i guess, because i had a, well one of those fine hairs, left in my bulb. On the second try, i was pissed, and after a looooooong battle (20 mins or more???) i was left with two red potions, my merc was dead, valk had been recast about 6.9 dozen times, i was left with the superfast cold/fire immune ancient (sorry i suck at remembering which one is which)... through many strafes, he finally fell. World stone was fairly painless... baal was not, he didnt really threaten my livelihood that much, but it did require 4-5 trips to town for more mana pots. So, after much ado, i introduce Vixon, the litte winch that could.

Amazon
Level 85
Exp: 1138979214 (another one of those hairs away from 86, i just knew baal bighting it would do the trick... but no.)

Base Attributes
Strength 111
Dexerity 225
Vitality 163
Energy 16

Skills
Cold arrow 20
Freezing arrow 20
Strafe 11
Valkerie 20
DOE 3/2/3
other points here and there (prereqs and whatnot)

Here comes the gear:

Vampgaze
Burizo/Witchwild
Naj's Light plate
Hitpower gloves
T'gods vigor
Nat's boots
Rare ammy
Ravenfrost
Bul Kathos

switch gear
Titans revenge
Stormshield

Crafted Gloves:
Glyph Hand
Heavy Bracers
Defense: 42
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 49
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x31b35698
Attacker Takes Damage of 6
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Knockback
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 4 Frost Nova when struck
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Charged Bolt when struck

Rare Amulet:

Maiden's Amulet of the Wraith
Required Level: 40
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x972f14ec
6% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels

lots'o'resist charms... three grand charms totalling 40 ar, then other various filler resist charms and a gheeds of course (40)

I felt restrained with gear selection on her, resistes and mana leech never seemed enough. Overall, she was really fun to play.. hell was sketchy at times, and overall she may be a bit "high maintenance". She will now take a backseat to my fire sorc who is about to knock-off nightmare baal.

ok, i think thats it

K

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, still no answer?

BUMP!

Congrats on the mat :thumbsup:

Those are nice gloves, although they'd be even more l33t if it had some IAS.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
congrats on the frosty cold zon.
what worked better the WWS or the Burrito cannon?

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
congrats on the frosty cold zon.
what worked better the WWS or the Burrito cannon?
toss up really. the buriza did more damage of course and leeched back more mana... making frozen arrow much more user friendly, but wws, with its speed, performed much better with strafe against ci's... the speed difference is really overwhelming.... when engaging a group of ci's, the wws could keep them all in check (knockback). So, all in all, due to the speed the wws seemed more hell-worthy... still close though. On another note, i dunno if i could have finished off the ancients with buriza, its just too slow, and they dont seem to want to hold still while i FA them.

I agree on the gloves. I had some others with 20ias and +1 to javelin, but i felt the +2 to bow worked out better

seige

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Mat killian.
That's a nice pair of gloves you got there :thumbsup:

- Jas :howdy:

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
Forgot a couple of things:

Merc was a might merc wearing vampgaze, bonehew (amnamn), and duriels shell. I originally took a holy freeze merc to hell with me, but in the long run i needed the might aura more, so I switched and retrained a might merc. The holy freeze merc still seemed like he could survive better, but it was worth the trade off for the added damage with the might merc.

I played all of normal and nightmare at /players 8, even ancients. Act1-3 were played at /players3 (mostly)... and the rest mostly 1... except for lower kurast, i reran that area numerous times at /players8 because it was easy and i was leveling nicely (up to 84).

Thanks for all the responses!

K