Saw 1 question...

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
Saw 1 question...

***SPOILERZ***

I had already seen Saw 2, but I decided to watch Saw 1 tonight, since I saw someone in the house had rented it. Although it's a pretty bad movie, it entertained me throughout most of it, but the final twist was extremely stupid. How in the world could he lay in one exact position for hours on end, without moving a muscle? If you take the "they were out of their minds and only noticed what they wanted to" approach, then how did he tazer them while laying there? It just doesn't make a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Damnit, you should put up a spoiler warning. Luckily I figured it out before reading too much.

I dunno why I care, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to bother watching Saw.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
The simple answer is, he didn't taser them. The guy controlling the taser was a third guy, dressed up like the killer, whose job in the game was to make sure that the two guys in the room killed each other. If I recall correctly, that is.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, he used his jacket or shirt at one point to reach for and grab the cell phone when it was ringing, but then got stupid and cut his ankle off trying to get to the phone a second time instead of using that same article of clothing again. Craziness and panic probably wouldn't make you forget what worked the first time.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, that ticked me off too. How could you possibly mistake him for being dead? Pulse? Breathing? Food, water? Give me a break.

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
Haven't seen the movie, but snipers can lay almost completely motionless for a day or two just to get a shot.
This guy was no sniper, and he had cancer.

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
I was thinking the exact same thing (referring to the OP)

when did it say he had cancer?

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
P2blr said:
I was thinking the exact same thing (referring to the OP)

when did it say he had cancer?
He was the man in the bed in the hospital whom the doctor said was terminal. That was one of the flashbacks. I didn't notice it the first time either.

Bordillo

Banned
Gibbzilla said:
***SPOILERZ***

I had already seen Saw 2, but I decided to watch Saw 1 tonight, since I saw someone in the house had rented it. Although it's a pretty bad movie, it entertained me throughout most of it, but the final twist was extremely stupid. How in the world could he lay in one exact position for hours on end, without moving a muscle? If you take the "they were out of their minds and only noticed what they wanted to" approach, then how did he tazer them while laying there? It just doesn't make a lot of sense. :rolleyes:
Maybe he drugged himself up, and zeb was doing the shocking wasnt he

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
I really liked the twist, mainly because I couldn't see it coming. One of the few movies with twists that are unpredictable IMO. It does make sense since you could lie there and it wasn't for that long of a time and the cop stated in an earlier scene that the killer likes watching the victims live.

Machina

Diabloii.Net Member
I really enjoyed Saw, in particular the 'other' scenarios e.g. the girl with the contraption on her head, the guy with the candle, the fat guy and the barbed wire etc. The second one was really bad though. Similar in a way to the way in which the second Cube movie was dreadful after a good first movie - it descended into a scramble around all the rooms and lost all suspense and subtlety contained in the originals.

The only part I liked in Saw 2 was when he chucked the girl into that pit of needles.