saving youtube videos?

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
saving youtube videos?

Hello,

Is there a way to easily save youtube videos into your computer?. That means without using a stream video record program. Just wondering. Thank you.
-Oscar

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl said:
I use this. Just remember to save them as .flv; otherwise it might try to save them at .htm.

Too bad YouTube has such horrible quality, though. Loads faster, but I'd prefer it to look better. Some of them I have to play through all the way, too, because I can't fast forward or move around in the movie with the video player I use.

Best video I've seen recently: Dawkins answering questions (yes, it is over an hour long).

seralph

Diabloii.Net Member
Enter http://www.youtube.com/get_video.php?video_id=..... in the adressbar of your browser whereas the value of video_id can be found in the sourcecode.

This method require no tools, extensions or whatever.

I guess a lot of the movies on youtube are under copyright protection, so I didn't tested it, feel free to do it on your own.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I second keepvid, it's what I use.

Too bad YouTube has such horrible quality, though. Loads faster, but I'd prefer it to look better. Some of them I have to play through all the way, too, because I can't fast forward or move around in the movie with the video player I use.
Yeah, I agree with that. Do you use Riva FLV player?