Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Save this baby from being killed!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anyee, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Save this baby from being killed!

Sure she's only a partially formed head that is totally parasitic on he twin and could eventually kill her. Yes, I know she doesn't have a body or even much of a brain. But she's a living creature! See! her mouth moves when her sister is being fed. She must be hungry too, though I'm not sure how because she doesn't have a digestive tract. Well, God works in mysterious ways. Maybe this malformed head is really...the messiah.

This dose of irony brought to you by the people who think the pro-life movement is a tad hypocritical.

2. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

That is wildly disturbing...

That messiah thing in your post made me think of the mutant leader in total recall. Damn you Anyee... nightmares for Drossy tonight.

3. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I find your flame baiting and blasphemy particularly rude.

I think the real irony here is the queen of pointing out straw man arguments using one herself.

4. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Straw man? The arguments against abortion all apply here. There are many who feel that abortion is not justified even in the case of health-risk to the mother, even when the fetus is less developed than this head. So why is this okay?

5. mouschi

mouschi IncGamers Member

I don't see how the two circumstances can be compared. One is a mother at risk because of a baby, The other is an undeveloped head attached to a baby. I don't get it.

However, I did enjoy the blasphemy.

6. toader

toader Banned

I havent been in an abortion thread yet...yay my first!!

I guess you could call me pro-choice. But its more like pro-"better be a good reason" choice.

I think its ok to abort after r*pe. I also think its ok to abort if the mother or child is in very serious risk of dying. Thats about all though, its not ok to abort just because you dont want a child, or dont have the money or whatever. Those excuses are a bunch of crap, people should live up to what theyve done.

On the other hand, I dont think I would want a mom that wanted to abort me, but couldnt just because it was illegal. That would make for a nice upbringing eh?

7. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Wait, wait wait. I will make the real abortion thread, though it isnt like we have usually had here before. Give me a few minutes.

8. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I see, and agree, with what Anyee's getting at, even if it is a it unorthodox. It has brain activity. By all criteria of the pro-life people, it is a living child.

9. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

But the child's life is in danger. Self defense and all that.

In the history of abortion laws in this country, there have only been 2 that even restricted abortion when the mother's life was at stake.

10. Lithium

Lithium IncGamers Member

Very subtle, I mean, lumping the "Pro-life movement" all together.

11. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

Nice flamebaiting Anyee, bravo. I also like how you lump the entire pro-life movement in one category. You know damn well it's not that black and white.

I am against abortion with the exception of ****, incest and serious risk to the mother. Even then, only after much counseling with doctors and any pertinent family. Abortion is a serious choice to make. Ending a life is a serious responsibility and ought to be made only under the direst and necessary conditions.

You also know damn well that appendage on the child is nowhere near a "life" anymore than a child born with an extra foot or hand. It's not abortion in those cases. There's one child with an extra appendage that might have been a second child in different circumstances, just as it is in births with extra appendages.

Lastly and certainly not least, I find your blasphemy particularily offensive and will warn you only once, if you choose keep making comments like that, you and I will have a problem, over and above the normal disagreements you and I have.

12. toader

toader Banned

hey sarge-

I just thought it was kinda amusing that me and you have the EXACT same beleifs on abortion, yet I call myself pro-choice (with exceptions) and you call yourself pro-life (with exceptions).

heh :D

13. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Then make the argument and stop trolling.

14. Crispyknight

Crispyknight IncGamers Member

As a random thread hi-jack in a probably vain attempt to stop a bad situation;

When y'all say trolling, is it a troll-under-the-bridge scenario, or a fishing-from-a-boat-with-a-little-motor? I've always wondered what other people interpreted that as.

15. toader

toader Banned

I always thought it meant the fishing variety of trolling.

Hanging bait from your hook and then dragging it around until something bits.

16. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I don't see how this kid with a big head and two faces has anything to do with abortion, being already born and all.

The real issue here is whether a parasitic mutation has human rights, and if so, whether or not those rights should outweigh the rights of the more or less normally developed human it's attached to.

I'll kick off the conversation by forwarding the idea that both will die anyway if the operation is not undertaken.

17. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

It's not trolling if you're sanctimonious, arrogant, and condescending :sleep:

18. toader

toader Banned

hmmm, interesting point.

Ive always just thought....one body connected by flesh equals ONE persons rights...not two.

I know this could get touchy in a siamese twins case, but if they cant be separated for fear of death, then they are one person, and must both accept what happens to the other. Man, this is so confusing.

19. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

That's pretty much my opinion, but I was giving Anyee's idea that it's two seperate entitities stuck to each other the benefit of the doubt. But even in that case, they still both die if the one isn't chopped off and tossed in the trash. So either way I'm in favor of chopping it off.

Edit: Allow me to qualify that by saying I'm talking strictly about parasitic mutations such as this one, I'm not touching the Matt Damon/Greg Kinnear scenario.

20. toader

toader Banned

**insert whitty quote from WaterBoy here**