Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

save on skills points for the fishy

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Kirah, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

save on skills points for the fishy

Ok, so I'm a noob. Has anyone noticed that you can save a few skill points when getting things like revive if you have an item that gives the prerequisite skill (iron golem in revive's case)? I didn't even notice that I did this with my first necro. Then when I was rebuilding another fishy, I wondered why I couldn't get revive at level 30 (I don't typically use blood or iron golems). So I leveled to 31 and still couldn't activate revive. I had raise skeleton, raise skeleton mage but couldn't put skills into revive. I then hit arreat summit and noticed that the arrows showed that iron golem is a prereq for revive. I put a point into blood & iron then I could put points into revive. I when back to check my first necro and checked, he didn't have any points into either blood or iron, but did at one time use an item that gave iron golem (I was experimenting at the time).

anyone else notice this or am I playing too much diablo?

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

2. borfa

borfa IncGamers Member

Using a item that let you use a skill doesn't give you the possibility to get a skill lower in the tree without its prerequisites. Only thing I could see that happened is that the item you have +iron golem also have +revive. Either that or your playing too much diablo =p

3. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

If you have an item that says '+1-3 to Revive', then it will work no matter if you paid the prerequisites. If you have an item that says '+1-3 to Skills', or '+1-3 to Necromancer Skills' or '+1-3 to Summoning Skills', that will not give you Revive unless you have already put one point into this skill.

4. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

Yes, that's why some assasins want dragon flight or wake of fire on their claws.