Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Save My Fury Druid! Zealot vs. Fury Matchup!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Angel_Dusted, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Save My Fury Druid! Zealot vs. Fury Matchup!

Just as an FYI I'm a bit new to druids and my fury wolf is my first attempt at something that's semi-viable for PvP.

Patriarch Ohforfsake
    Level 74 Druid
    Stats (Naked):
    ~80 str
    ~60 dex (requirements for Razor's Edge *shrug*)
    ~250 vit
    No energy

75 stats in reserve

Upped Jalal's w/ crappy Cerebus as alt
    Bonehew w/ Hel and a 38 ed jewel (this is FAR from the final weapon...)
    Shaftstop
    Angelics (working on dual Raven's + Highlords)
    Combo of IK gloves, belt, and boots - OR - Verdungo's, Treks, (working on getting) Drac's

Right now I have the normal skills maxed...fury, lycanthropy, werewolf and I'm working on leveling up the ol' Oak Sage

My friend's setup

Patriarch Zeal_YoMama (charming, eh?)
    Level 75 (and climbing) Paladin

He's using Zeal and Fanatacism...standard zealot setup

Maxed Zeal and Fanatacism w/ synergies + maxed Holy Shield...of course

Dream Bone Vistage (don't understand this choice)
    Fortitude Boneweave
    Grief Zerker or EBotD Zerker
    Exile
    Drac's
    Gores
    Verdungo's
    Highlord's + Ravenfrosts

Tons of poisen charms (about 1.5 k total psn damage)
    Does about 8.3 k damage w/ 2k life w/o BO, 3k w/
    21k defense

So what the heck do I do? I'm only pumping out 3k life w/ my Oak Sage and my damage is an abysmal 800-4k with a miserable 12k ar

What I'm Thinking:
    EBotD Great Poleaxe (affordable for me, but I can only buy about 3 HRs maximum)
    Fortitude
    Get a Highlord's, use my Ravenfrosts
    Get Drac's (steelrends w/ the other gear would just be excessive)
    Max out Oak Sage, get a point in Spirit Wolf for a distraction
    Get a few Shape shifting GCs, my current charms are only moderately useful

My current accumulation of wealth amounts to: 1x Cham, 1x Ist, 5x Mal, 3x Um, 1x Pul

Is any of this possible or am I just in for a for a world of pain? :thumbsup:

Fire away, the members of this forum are among the best and brightest of us Diabloers so I place the ball squarly in your court.

Thanks in advance
    Angel

2. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

That is an fine setup for versing your friends zealot. imo wear angelics still.

the worst thing about your friends zealot is that the dream will kill the oak and any minions you have :(

What realm you on? if your on USwest ladder (like me) i can give you some free shape gcs

try to get good dr so maybe ber the jalals if you got left over wealth

if that all doesnt work - remake with use of shield :lol:

)pAnda(

3. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

If u think thats a fine setup, dunno what the hell u r smoking. No block with a range 3 2 handed weapon = raped.
    2 handed weapon CAN work, but u need skilled use of shift fury to take advantage of range, and u would need a range 4-5 weapon for it to work. U must get charms, 3k life on a wolf is laughable, use prebuff, read the stickies, this is just not acceptable at all.

4. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

Hi ICE, what are you smoking? ebotd gpa is a range 5 weapon NOT a range 3 weapon...

Of course you use shift fury, angel-dusted was asking about gear setup not dueling techniques anyway.

Well, I think it is a fine setup... ebotd gpa, fortitude, jalals, dracs, angelics...it doesn't sound that bad to me...

Of course he needs better charms, thats why I offered some to him...

The setup that angel-dusted was thinking about (not the bonehew setup) is by no means the best setup, but for dueling his zealot friend i think it is quite suitable. To duel the exile-using zealot, I think he should go for a 2-handed setup to maximise his fury damage and hope for the quick kill. Otherwise, the zealot's lifetap will trigger and the zealot will leach like mad. The best two-handed weapons for fury are ebotd gpa and eth tomb imo. There are also some other more exotic ebotd polearms but like he said, ebotd gpa is a good choice.

On the whole, I don't see what's so unacceptable about angel-dusted's proposed setup.

)pAnda(

5. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

For your zealot friend, I suggest to use shield. IMO you should try this setup:

Jalals (shael)
    Grief pb // CTA (or prebuff weapon if cannot affor it)
    Fortitude
    Storm (-15%req+other usefull mod, like dex or fhr) // Spirit on swich
    Draculs
    Verdungo
    Gores
    Angelic ammr
    angelic ring
    angelic ring

An get 10 shapers Grand charms, are quiet cheap.

The above setup will cost 3 hr as much in Europe Ladder.

Fer

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

All I think they need is 2 anglic rings and a amulet.
    As to what panda was thinking, with the ebotd gpa.

I have not tryed using the anglic armor yet. I will mess around with that tho just to see what it is like.

7. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

You could also try using Hsarus Belt + Boots if you really need the AR. Works nearly like an extra Angelic Ring.

8. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

I meant the bonehew setup, thats just horrible IMO.

9. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

if you are dueling two handed vs a zealot you need to use a ber shaftstop or something similar to have full dr - otherwise you will die very quickly.

10. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Hey people, lets face it. Dueling 2 hands vs a Zealot is not the best idea, dont you agree? 2 handers are good vs some chars, but not vs zealots. W/o block, he just has to walk near you and then he will eat all the zeal round. OR charge, could be you hit 1 out of 10 times when he charges on you, but he will 10 of 10.

Give you druid a shield. With 10 shapers and 2*angelic rings+amyy youll reach 30k, enough to hit your 23k def buddie.

just my 0.02

fer

11. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Thanks for the responses guys - Right now I have 45 dr - 30 from the shaftstop and 15 from the Verdungo's, I'll try to get the other 5% but for right now I think that's alright. ICE - yeah, I know the bonehew setup was laughable :lol: That wouldn't go over too well, and I'll try to max out my number of shape GCs. Also, the reason that I'm going EBotd is mainly because I've never had one before - a good Grief (pun not intended) would be cheaper and would work well, but for right now, since I just found an eth GPA I think I'll stick with it, since I like the idea of having a more versatile build anyway. Thanks for the offer Panda but I'm on Ladder USEast :( Anyways, I'll tell you guys how this goes as our match is set for Friday.

Thank you!
    Angel

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'm not entirely sure as to what you mean by shift (control?)- attacking, though I have something of an idea (you just stand there are hit them as they come right? So as to get around their block?) but if anyone can explain I'd appreciate it :thumbsup:

12. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

IMO shael or um ur weapon. ur pretty screwed to be honest... he's got a nice pally, best suggestion i can say is... use stun to your advantage....

13. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

The Shift-Fury technique is something that 2 handed druids use to take advantage of their long sticks. As the pala attempts to get in range (by charging or maybe just walking up to you, if he has no clue he will try to run, hold shift and attack, your druid will automatically target the pala when he gets in range but the pala will not be able to attack back just yet because you outrange him. This of course requires good ping and fast reflexes but if u get good at it it will serve u well. The key here is huge damage of the 2 hander, which allows almost instant death of the zealot. This is very difficult to pull off in practice vs good zealots though, and charge is lightning fast now. (this was much easier in 1.09 when charge was slower but then wolves ate zealots for breakfast anyway :lol: ). This is the technique of choice vs smiters though.

14. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

since you have a cham, make a doom giant thresher, same speed as botd gpa, great dmg, holy freeze :)

Fred

15. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

I fully agree with this comment. Slow him down, and kill him.