savage polearm affixes

wickedswami

Diabloii.Net Member
savage polearm affixes

Can anyone tell me what the chance is of rolling an affix with the savage polearm cube recipe?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Re: savage polearm affixes

Ah, one of the ancient recipes. I should have known it :azn:.

For magical items, chances are distributes as follows:

only one suffix: 50%
only one prefix: 25%
prefix and suffix: 25%

So when just considering results with a prefix, the chance for a suffix should be 50%. I'm not sure if it will work like that with the recipe, however.

What do you need it for?

wickedswami

Diabloii.Net Member

untwinked play, was just wondering if it was worth using it (only normal, until I have insight)

Would anyone know if this has a chance to have sockets as well?
A savage poleaxe of swiftness socketed with amn(+something else) could be a proper merc weapon for quite a while imo.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

When playing untwinked, you will probably need that polearm before you finish the Larzuk quest which grants 1-2 sockets on magical items... and there are surely better things to do with it than that.

Items with the savage affix have a level req of at least 19. IMO Dimoak's Hew is better (level req 8, 100%ed, 20% IAS, its -def is next to irrelevant) and good enough until your merc can wear an Insight weapon, but it might be a bit hard to find when playing untwinked.

The chipped gem recipe can probably produce better weapons... and they will have 1-2 sockets on top of its affixes.

wickedswami

Diabloii.Net Member

I was thinking that the savage one could possibly role with sockets as well. If not, it may indeed be a waste of time.

RobbyD

Diabloii.Net Member

A Savage Polearm wont get the socket prefix because Savage is a prefix. You might get a handy suffix for leech or speed, though.

I agree with the vote for a 3-chip recipe - that gets you level 25 as a result and automatic sockets.

wickedswami

Diabloii.Net Member

if you use the chippes reroll then the sockets created by that aren't a prefix either. It's perfectly possible to roll both a prefix and an affix and still have 2 sockets.

Isn't that what used to go on in older version, where they tried to roll 6 socket cruel colossus blades of quickness?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, in 1.09 it only worked with swords, but you got 3 sockets instead of 1-2.

I never got a CCBoQ with the chipped gem recipe, just a plain cruel one... but I stumbled over a CCBoQ in Larzuk's inventory while looking for echoing axes, with more than 290%ed. That bastard added just one socket, but it still rocked on my WW barb!