Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Saturday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shade, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Saturday

*glances around, doesn't see daily, so creates one*

Afternoon everyone.

Got my first Elite Unique item yesterday, and beat Act 1 Hell today with my BFury Assassin, so things haven't been at all bad, D2-wise at least.

Two more days and I can start putting together a shiny new computer... :clap:

Have a good day everyone!

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Still morning here. My barb died three times trying to kill the ancients last night. Got a little old so I went and did a few Pindle runs to try to level up a little. Then I realized I had taken my + to strength charms and rings out of my inventory to replace them with MF charms and rings. I lost about +15 or 20 to strength and therefore damage. I replaced them today, but have a few things around the house to do before I can play.

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Nothing special today, doing runs in hell Flayer Jungle for Rune Race. Nothing too great has dropped, Shael is highest rune I got there. I really want to see the final results of Rune Race, that will be some interesting information, but dozens of runs must be done before that.

I also was quite lucky in MP game I joined today, got my 2nd highest rune ever there :flip:

Have nice Saturday all!

:)

4. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

How come you have more than 5000 posts, but found your first elite unique yesterday?

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Actually i was wondering about that a bit too :) but of course it is very well possible with so many posts that you don't have much time left to play i guess :D

6. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Started the SPF HC Septavirate and ObinTheOverlord is now level 6 wOOt! Dang I cant believe that AlterEgo already has two guardians Nice job man :clap: Has anyone else started on this quest?

7. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member

I assume Shade meant his first elite unique item in 1.10. :)

Good day everyone. I hosted my 1.09 holdouts game last night and we have 4 new Pats/Mats in 1.09 today. Mine is a Abuse of a Corpse a level 78 Artillery Necromancer.

Have a good weekend!

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Simple...

I've had D2 for about 2-3 years now, and played it for quite a bit. Got all 5 classes through Normal in 1.06, tried taking a character on through into Hell, and got nowhere (taking 3 minutes to kill one Zombie isn't fun).

Then, when LoD came out, I installed that and started over with an Assassin in patch 1.07. The drop system was, as I recall, seriously broken back then... not that it mattered, as I still couldn't kill anything in Hell (this time, my weapons kept breaking and were too damn expensive to repair!).

Then installed 1.09 when it was released, and got somewhere with that. Since I played HC almost exclusively by this point, furthest I got was Act 2 Hell before being beaten by Duriel.

(At some point before that my computer crashed so I had to start over...)

Finally started playing 'properly' more recently, got a character through all 3 difficulties (who didn't find any Elite Set/Unique items on the way), another character who is in Act 4 Hell (also hasn't found any), and my HC Assassin (who found that Lacerator).

Since I haven't done any MF-running into the thousands I haven't found vast hoards of wealth, but my post count is the result of answering questions, posting my progress in tourneys/ladder, and organising the MFOlympics that happened last October (or whenever it was...).

So there you go! :)

edit: D2A - nope, had terrible luck in 1.07-1.09... prior to being able to mule I found a bunch of Exceptional Uniques (Dark Clan Crusher springs to mind), but not one Elite. And in 1.09... still no luck. At least I have one now, so I can start building up from there...

9. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Saturday...that means only 2 more days until i have to go back to school after my spring break :hanky:

Oh well, just gotta pack as many hours of D2 as i can in...

Well yesterday my first Baraner's Star dropped, and today my 2nd and 3rd ones dropped. :scratch: Never had that happen before, 3 of the same item in less than 24 hours...

Also, i got my MA assassin up to act 5 nm, still goin strong on players 8. That's about it, I'm off to D2 for as long as i can!

-Pb

10. schillerdc78

schillerdc78 IncGamers Member

well, did a few runs today but found nothing of great value. the wsk is still bugging my guardian fishymancer, so i do pits mostly.
    now i'm wating for a couple of friends to get over here and start getting seriously pissed.
    all in all a usual saturday.

11. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Holy crap, I'm posting on a weekend? What's going on here?

Working on my concentrate barb, Gratch, which is rather slow going. He's currently clvl 24.

Ok ok, he's killing decently, no problems with staying alive, but it takes a bajillion hits to kill anything with concentrate at this point! Anyone have any ideas here? Maybe my weapon just sucks, but I don't have much else to use. I'm specializing in axes, and currently using a Skull Splitter. Don't get me wrong, blinding, freezing (with Iceblink), and having Open Wounds is a nice combo for enemies, but it takes forever to pick them off completely. *sigh*

Anyway, Gratch is about to venture into the serpent area to get the Viper Ammy. Thrills and chills.

*wanders off to decide whether to play more D2 or do artwork instead*

~K_P

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I don't know how you have spend your stat points so far, but Honor Naga (AmnElIthTirSol) can be really good if you can get it. It requires lvl 27 and 100 str, has very nice mods and almost 120 max damage. My brother made one for his zealot as a "starter" weapon and it seemed to work very well.

13. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Well, that'd be perfect for my guy, since he definitely has enough str and such... except I have no 5-socket naga's to slap the runes in. Excellent idea, though. ;)

14. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

I've been playing Diablo 2 since Classic first came out in the shops, and it wasn't until the last six months I'd ever taken a character into Hell difficulty--for that matter, I've still only had four characters that far into the game!

Mind you, I can't remember when I got my first elite unique because I don't really look out for these things. I didn't even realise I'd found a Stormshield until I was going through my ATMA stash one day and found it there...

15. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Ok, saturday. I'm bored, so thought I'd post in here. Little rant I guess...

Yesterday I went out with a couple of friends. Seeing as it was B-day thursday I think they wanted to do something. Went to see the movie : The secret window. I didn't like it at all. It was so predictable, so I laughed while it lasted... It's kinda like a sucky version of Fight Club, but without the fighting... :lol: Anyways... we then went for some doghnuts, one of my friend, with his girlfriend, asked me what time it was, so I gave him my watch because I was talking to someone else. When I'm done I turn around and lookey here, a brand new watch, that I didn't ask for! :rant: They asked me a couple of times what I wanted for my b-day, for the past 3 years it's : nothing. I just don't care anymore about it. So they got me a watch since my old one was "used" I think. I mean, just because when it receives a hit, it resets itself to January the first, monday, at midnight doesn't mean it's not functionnal anymore... People are weird. When you want something, you get nothing and when you don't want anything, they go out of their way to get you something.... :grrr: 19 years old, I've yet to understand the basic of society... :rolleyes:

16. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I got my holy freeze paladin to act 3. He is slicing through everything like a hot knife through butter. I found a few normal uniques to add to my grail, and that's about all for Saturday.

17. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I had lots of fun yesterday. The day started out with me finally getting internet service installed in my room. Now I don't have to get up and walk 10 yards to my office to use the internet anymore. I got to play around on a really nice boat yesterday, too - 225 Keeper-class buoy tender. I got some great pictures of the harbor, as well, because it was a clear and beautiful day - too bad the winds were gusting to 60 knots. Finished off the day by getting good and drunk, then putzing around with Emma, now a level 78 Sorceress.

Started out today bright and early at 0730. I thought I was going to have to go into work today, but since there's nothing to do, I don't have to. I've been working on setting up my computer do deal with this whole internet thing - virus scan updates and such - and playing Diablo 2 all day. I just rescued Cain in Hell, so I can quit it with all of these damn Scrolls of Identify. Pretty soon, Emma will be doing Pit runs, and I will be happy.

I have loads of school work piling up on me, so I need to find some motivation to get it done. I've just been so busy at work the last few weeks that now I have to do all the schoolwork at once. Oh, well. I guess some things are unavoidable. To top off my wonderful day today, the gym is closed because there's no heat in it. Hmph. Why would you close a gym because it's not warm enough? I guess I'll never understand.

Anyhow, thanks for listening to this rambling; I'm going to go get some things done now.

18. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

my spear barb, is at lvl 19 right now, just came into act2, as its my first softcore char, i have no weapon for him, and only a tiny bit of other stuff from a giveaway :D so he's wielding a thrice chipped emeralded spear, purchased from charsi, andy dropped me a deaths gloves, not too bad, as they are quite rare

19. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

hey guys, me again... I've got a quick question, and I didn;t think it merits its own thread so here goes:

how do you post screenshots? I've got a little screenie that I'd like you guys to take a look at but I don;t know how to post it :scratch:

Well thanks, and sorry for the noobness :cheesy:

-Pb

20. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

To post a screenshot you need to find a site to upload it onto. There are a few around that offer free image hosting and linking (that .nu suffixed one that people use... can't remember).

Once you've found a place to put your image, upload it (in whatever fashion is appropriate) and then post a link to it here.