Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Saturday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by XaviarGangrel, Feb 14, 2004.

1. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Saturday

I just noticed the lack of a Daily today, so I thought I'd start one.

After doing abit of MFing with my Fishymancer last night, running Meph and the Council in Normal since I'd just finished Act 3, I went down into the pits of hell and decided to finish Act 4 before I went to bed. Phew.. it was easy, really really easy... right up until I hit Diablo, that is.

So far I've not had any real trouble with killing anything in the game with my army and curses, even playing on Players 8. All the Act bosses had fallen in short order, and even The Arcane Sanctuary and Maggot Lair (my pet hates for this type of character) were fairly easy... Diablo however took the best part of an hour to defeat, using far too many Full Rejuvs on my Merc, summoning my Clay Golum a few hundred times, and just about giving up on trying to have any number of Skellis in the fight. In the end it was Decrepify that saved the day, slowing him down enough for my Merc to kill him. He droped me Deaths Touch, but the rest was just rather poor rares.

This morning, after a Happy Valentine's wake up phonecall from my better half :love: I've started Act 5. Once again no real trouble, currently I'm trying to earn enough gold to buy a +1 Necromancer Skills wand to replace the +1 Summoning Skills one I'm using at the moment.

Hope ya'll have a good day :)

2. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

I finally got my laptop back yesterday. I haven't really got around to Diablo II yet. Hopefully I can get some play time in over the weekend.

3. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Happy valentine's Day all. Gonna go over to my girlfriend's house later to watch the mtv asia awards thats gonna be held in singapore :)

Well not a bad day of d2 i must say. Gheed charm fell off a random chest in river of flame. Alma negra off a pit lord boss pack and many more. Hope to get some TC87 soon

4. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Played the most intense UT2004 assault game I have ever had. 2 vs 1.... I was on the team with only 1 member. :) And I still managed to win both of my 'Attackers' round. It was hard, it was painfull, it was stressfull.... and I loved it. Cheers. :drink: I'm happy.

5. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Just got my first-ever HC char- also first-ever Assasin, and single-tree- to lvl. 32.

Ready to take on big-D on normal. I hope....

I'm glad I waited for shadow master. She's a bloody good tank, and very much to my surprise, used skills I don't even have points in! Is that normal/legit, BTW? I mean, I have zero points in the traps tree, but SM cast some lightning thingy anyway, and not just once either.

Also starting to get some reasonable items. Farming Act-4 for gems atm, but happened upon a +1 sorc skill staff, cleglaws, and a decent +5 resist all charm. And for the big-D showdown: Ethereal rare boots with +30 fire resist!

Too tired to try now, I don't wanna lose her. But tomorrow......

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yes, that's normal - SM has access to most (not, sadly, all) Assassin skills and can use them as needed. Mostly she'll use MA skills or Mind Blast/Traps, depending on the opposition.

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Or the skills you don't want to see at that moment: CoS and Mind Blast. :grrr:

Finally started checking up the AS. Currently the text file is 9k... and that's only the basics :eek:

In D2 I've been lvling my new char: HammLet the hammerdin. Aiming those hammers takes some time to get used to...

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

I've never seen my Shadow Master use CoS, in all the time I've been playing my BFury assassin... I suspect they made it a skill that was rarely, or never, used.

Mind Blast is actually pretty useful, as long as the only 2-3 monsters left aren't all converted, forcing you to stand around and wait before you can hit them. It's quite amusing watching a big gang of Flayers, Cloud Stalkers, etc. smacking each other's brains out whilst I cut them down with BFury :)

On that note, I didn't actually post what I did today - got past Duriel and into Act 3 NM with said Assassin, and also moved my Summon Necro along a bit through Act 2 Normal.

I want to start up an Undead-hunter Paladin (Cleric with large %dmg to undead bonuses) but don't want to have more than a couple of characters going due to the imminency of a large chunk of work... *sigh*

9. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

OK, so that's normal.
    This SM casts CoS quite frequently, but I have + light radius, which seems to help. Also, at this lvl I don't mind her MB-ing at all. At least a converted opponent doesn't attack me, and after the dust has settled it's mopping-up time.
    Don't forget, she's single-tree, just an experiment to see how far I can get. I expected her to die fighting Andy, but I got lucky: Got Cleglaw' Claw before meeting her. Duriel then went as planned, and I used the moat trick and rare javs against Meph. Now for Diablo himself.

10. Kayvon

Kayvon IncGamers Member

Yesterday I finished hell with my grizzy zealot. Everyone say hello to Patriarch Anderson (named after my avatar). He killed Baal last night at level 83 in a very one-sided fight. He has 25 stat points and 6 skill points left over for me to figure out something to do with. They'll probably all go into vit and holy shield, but I haven't decided just yet.

Today I completed act 2 hell with my poisonnancer; so far I've been able to play him sans minions, aside from his HF merc. He's got a whopping 15 skill points laying around, I'll be saving those until he really needs them.

Tonight I'll probably do act 3 hell with him, either that or mf with my barb. Have a good weekend everyone.

11. Shadow

Shadow IncGamers Member

I actually started playing D2 again today, started an Amazon so I could make short work of normal (Ravenclaw if you hadn't guesed.)

I got her to level 6 before I got bored again...*sigh*. But I'm gonna stick with her just so I can get into Hell and do this MF thing that everyone talks about.

On an offtopic note you should all check out the brand new Sacred forums....and I'm not just saying this because I used to moderate the old ones before RPGForums accepted us. :)

12. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

well it's 5 pm. here and i just got outta bed...gonna start nm today with my lancer. well i guess i'll be off doing that