Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Saturday thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by addicted2macs, Mar 14, 2004.

1. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Saturday thread - Part 2

Borlag began a saturday thread, but it was centered on an issue strong enough to warrant its own thread. So, I'm making a daily thread part II. Hope nobody minds :)

I finally got my first 1.10 Patriarch today!! I have a Pat and a Mat from 1.09, but this was my first strictly in 1.10.

I chose an Avenger, Athlon, to destroy Baal and rescue Sanctuary from the ultimate evil. I ended up at lvl 85 (and a half), with 5 stat points left.

Athlon is pretty much cookie cutter Avenger. My only variances were equipment, which were pretty mediocre. My only treasures were a Stormshield dropped by Hell Mephisto and a beautiful little ax called Gimmershred. I don't know what most people think of this weapon, but I LOVE it. Great elemental damage, and you can throw it at Fire Enchanted bosses to keep safe.

Hell Ancients took me well over an hour+ to finish off. I wouldn't do that again if you paid me. My final spawn gave me nothing but Mana Burn Cursed ancients, which I gladly took care of. I will now add Fire Enchanted Ancients to my list of "Things that I Hate with the Utmost Passion."

So, that's about it!

2. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Not much to report here...havn't had much playing time but now I've got a week off school so I'm sure my chars will get plenty of attention :wink2:

I did manage to squeeze in a few baal runs with my 83 fishymancer are the only notable drop was a Balrog Skin(forgot the name, sazabi's armor)...hopefully I'll have more drops over my week of intense D2ing.

-Pb

3. ChickenOfPower

ChickenOfPower IncGamers Member

I am slowly going insane, as i have been deprived of diablo playing. I live between my parents, switching weekly, and my dad is moving. I'm at his hous this week, and I only have the Diablo 2-less laptop of my father and a small tv with *gasp* no cable for entertainment.

4. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal IncGamers Member

Rough

That's rough man. I use a laptop computer to play d2 because it is the best computer available to me. It can run d2 and half-life (mods) and thats about it. Plus i have Dial-up internet and no cable TV.

Just remember, there will always be someone worse off than you and I'd hate to meet the poor sucker thats worse off than I am.

P.S. watch out for the wild monkeys

Edit: I'm not sure why i just posted that, looking back it was dumb, pointless, and completely off topic. Hindsight is always 20/20.

5. ChickenOfPower

ChickenOfPower IncGamers Member

don't apologize for warning against the wild monkeys; if you hadn't i would not have seen them coming. They're Scary! :scared:

6. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

Played a bit with my brand spanking new Fallen Paladin today and I am hoping to make him my first Patriarch. I am only as far as act 3 normal so I have quite a way to go though. :lol:

*Gets ravaged by a group of wild monkeys.*

7. ChaosEternal

Monkeys

I was talking about everything i posted except the bit about the monkeys. Those monkeys are a serious threat and everyone should know about them.

8. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Well, it's saturday night here now. Out of loneliness, I've done what I didn't want to do.... I've started myself an Hardcore, untwinked obviously since I got nada items, Ranger. Now lvl 7, just cleared the Den of Evilness. The going is slow, but, I don't know if I'm gonna play it again, probably will, but not alot.

On another note, picked up the Futurama DVD Volume 3, watched every episode with commentaries, it is awesome! Laugh out loud funny. Can't wait for monday too, UT2k4!!! :D

9. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

This is the Daily, its not possible to go Off Topic as I've been told before ;)

I've been experimenting with Merc gear on my Fishymancer's Might merc, trying to find a good mix which gives him alot of punch for my MF runs, so I can up the Players setting abit....I've settled on a Sheal/Sheal/Eth Rune'd Hone Sundan, Hwanin's Splendor and Hwanin's Refuge. He's now cutting through Baal and co in a matter of minutes rahter than about 20 of them :yep:

10. ChaosEternal

Topic

Not possible to go off topic eh?
    In that case I've been hearing that the bannanas are quite good this year
    Pink Floyd rocks
    Metallica rocks
    I'm about to kill NM Meph with my sorc who is now lvl 54
    Um...that's it.

Edit: How could i forget? WATCH OUT FOR WILD MONKEYS!

11. ChaosEternal

Signature

Will someone tell me how to edit your signature? I tried to figure it out and failed. I need to get the word out about the wild monkeys but i keep forgetting to write it in, I need it in my signature.

12. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Congrats, addicted2macs! Here, on me. :drink: Gimmershred seems like a better weapon for a zealot than an avenger (who usually want high physical damage so that their vengeance attacks do insane amounts of fire, cold, and lightning) to me, but hey, clearly it worked out just fine for you. :)

Did a little merc-leveling and MF-ing in NM catacombs with Spinnurr today, since I decided to fire his HFreeze merc and get a Might merc (only had the HFreeze because this character started in 1.09 and I really desperately needed some kind of help against all the 1.09 PI bosses). Merc gained a couple levels but kept dying against Andariel. That was aggravating, since I was fighting her strictly so he could level and thus I kept having to TP to get him resurrected. Still, I managed to pick up war spear , demonhide boots, several normal uniques and set items I already had stashed away, and two amulets (Eye of Etlich and Nokozon Relic) along the way. Not bad, if a little boring to sit back and watch my merc do all the killing with help from my warcries.

Took a break to read a Star Wars novel for a bit, and was reminded that there is NO better Star Wars novelist than Aaron Allston. Check him out if you haven't read him, folks. Very good stuff. I think he could've done a better job on the script for Attack of the Clones than Lucas did, too. Then again, so could the Wild Monkies. :D

Went back to playing D2 and working towards getting Lady_Fury, my LF javazon, up to the promised land of level 30. She's at level 24 now and just finished getting the Staff of Kings. One point in Jab + excellent rare maiden pike + players 8 + 2 Cathan's Seals = quick progress through normal.

That's all for me. Have a good remainder of the weekend everybody! :D

13. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Only Pals (those who contribute to the site) can get signatures. If your name was ChaosEternal, you'd have a sig. Until you're yellow, you just have to remember the monkeys. :uhhuh: