Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Saturday! (Insert cute thread name here)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cattleya, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Saturday! (Insert cute thread name here)

What, no Saturday Thread? It's already 5 AM here in the Western US. (Um yeah, insomnia strikes again...)

I actually made forward progress with Pheonix (my scythe enchantress) tonight. She is up to the Outer Cloister, completing the Blood Raven, Cain, and Countess quest. It's a real learning process trying not to get her killed. The most annoying monster to date? A FE ghost in the tower. It was FI PI, but I wasn't too keen on 'zerking an FE monster. My merc? A fire rogue. D'oh! I 'zerked it down in life and had to wait for the the magic damage on the rogue's WWS to finish it off. I would curse every time she shot a fire arrow. She picked up Firelizard's Talons off of a rack in the Tower Level 5. It has perfect ED and decent FR, but all of the skills are +1.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Played a bit with my new strafer...but it's boring when you have to use normal attack, until you get a decent bow:( I also found a unique off a rack at Mephisto...but it was only Crainte Vomir.

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

played some more of my zod tourney char, eager to catch up to the leaders.

then did some MF runs with my barb.

now im reading about bigfoot encounters in Ohio and for some reason its freaking me out, getting nervous 'chills' and keep looking out the window :D

and i live in a completely different country and can sit unbothered through the worst horror movies

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Played some of my digglerdin last night. act 3 is so dull and its going slowly. luckily i found the spirder forest > flayer jungle connection, so didnt need to do the great marsh.

5. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

I have to help around the house today, but I'll do more pindle runs tonight. Last night I had such an awesome luck streak!

The day before I found Executioner's Justice and Ghostflame and last night I found the following in chronological order all from pindle:

Bul-Kathos Sacred Charge
    Aldur's Deception
    Warshrike
    The Grandfather
    M'avina's Embrace
    The Cranium Basher

All grail items except Aldur's and M'avina's. 3 damn tc87s in one day, even in one pindle session!!!! Oh my... I can only hope that I will be comparable lucky tonight! :cool:

6. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

did you pindle for 24 hours straight?
    anyways, that is one helluva nice session! congrats

I'm gonna have to test out 2 lvl 9 ironman chars that I think might be good before the ironman starts, of which you all should join!

yesterday, though, I saw Sin City, and it was AWESOME! I would recommend it to everyone, though you either love it or hate it :(
    other RL news for me, found out that I was accepted to the University of Virginia this morning! go me, so now I have to choose between that, Virginia Tech and Carnegie Mellon (I bet you can tell which state I live in :rolleyes: ) desicions, desicions...

7. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

Sin City looks amazing, looking forward to seeing it. Jessica Alba = /droooool. Congrats on the acceptances skool, all three are very respectable universities. I have friends attending Univerity of Virginia, and a buddy that graduated from Carnegie Mellon a year or so ago (great business school). As for me, well, I bleed orange and blue, go Gators!!!

No D2 for me today, as I will be attending a wedding this afternoon. Worked on my Javazon, Mavinas_Wish, yesterday. She is nearing lvl50, and is making a mockery out of Act5 (on /players8), so I think it's time to venture into nightmare. Can't wait to get this character to Hell Cows so I can begin my crafting madness. Also hoping to get a Pul from one of the hellforges along the way to complete the finest piece of mercenary armor ever forged :D.

-PP

8. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

:D Nah...

I found the Executioner's on wednesday and the Ghostflame on thursday. Friday I ran him in the afternoon, but only about 10-20 runs where nothing dropped. Let's see, I played 1.09 with Ryondhaal from 10 o' clock until 12 o' clock and started running pindle somewhere between 12 and 12:15 am. I can pretty much say when I found what, because I always posted in the item find thread immediately:

~8:32 pm - Bul-Kathos Sacred Charge
    ...break...
    ~1:24 - Aldur's Deception, Warshrike
    ~2:08 - The Grandfather
    ~3:21 - M'avina's Embrace, The Cranium Basher

Well, there's more time inbetween than I thought, but I feel overly successful! :) I didn't run pindle straight forward, rather as a side occupation while chatting/browsing the forums. I hope it will again like this tonight! :D

9. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

Well, today I decided to give up on my MF Frenzy Barb for now and start in on my MF Meteorb Sorc. The main reason is that I'm having a tough time getting good items for my barb and he is very item dependent. I figure if I do my sorc (who is less item dep), then I can get items down the road for my barb and complete the grail and not get bored of just 1 MFer character.

10. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

Today I've gone and created 2 characters... Not somthing I commonly do in one day.

Firstly, Hestia_OtN, an enchantress (who I'm planning to use melee) Is now a slayer at the ripe age of 38 due to some great MP :)

Secondly, was Eris_OtN, a hardcore MA sin... this is my first venture into HC and although she only hit lvl 7 and barley completed the blood raven quest. I thought it a good idea to quit while I was ahead (still alive) :D

11. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I've started my new Assassin, Velvet, (wot another Eddings reference?) this afternoon, but for some reason reason I've decided to see how far I can go on players64, yes I play 1.09b. Why, I hear you ask? Buggered if I know. :lol: