Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Saturday - Farewell to a Friend...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Borlag, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Saturday - Farewell to a Friend...

Saw no saturday thread and was going to start a thread anyway about life always surprising and setting you back when you finally think life's treating you well.

Last time I thought everything's perfect was when I was about to get married, we had a baby coming and things just couldn't have been any better. Then one day a drunk driver ended it all by driving over my lady, killing both her and our unborn baby.

It took me 3 years to somehow get over that.

Now, I'm again facing the same situation, becoming a father next summer, engaged to be married, though haven't decided any dates yet. Everything's just plain perfect. Or maybe not...

First I lost my job last week, though that's a minor annoyance more than anything else, can always get another one. Today I visited my mother and everything was fine, on my way back home I got a phone call from my ex girlfriend saying that her father has died. That man was propably one of the best friends that I've ever had, I talked about everything with him, now I just can't believe he's gone.

Right now all I can really do is wait and see what's next...why does life always have to draw you back into the pit when you finally see some light at the end of the tunnel?

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about your losses, Borlag. Hang in there!

I haven't had any D2 lately. Besides my sorc getting to Mat last night, just can't seem to find the time.

3. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

damn that is bad borlag...

dont know why you seems to get all the **** right now lets just hope that it end with that for now and that only the more fun things are in the future.

if you need to talk im sure most members here are willing to listen and try and cheer you up.

i sure hope i can fight your way out of it and concentrate on the marriage at hand. and that you soon shall be faced with one of the hardest missions ever.

to raise a child.

i can only hope that you by thinking of those you love and think back on all the fun moments you have had with those that are now gone can find the light in the ned of the tunnel.

4. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

What happened three years ago was a horrible turn of events. You must be very strong to maintain your sanity after that. Death is all around us.... and I guess the only comfort in that is that at least you know you will need to prepare yourself for it. Losing a good friend when you're already down from losing your job... 'sucks' wouldn't begin to describe it. But it doesn't mean that everything will fall apart. I still see these things as coincidences, inevitable as they may be. You got you're life back on track once, and I think that that's how it will stay. All the best.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

life can be a real ******* sometimes. bad luck borlag.

6. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that Borlag. Feel free to tell us stuff, if you need to.

7. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

I typed a long response to your post Borlag... then I realised that I have no right to try and give advice, for I have never faced anything like that which you have. All I can say is that dark times come and go, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel if you look for it... you have several bright shining lights ahead from what you posted, so I wish you all the luck in the world with them, for your losses you have my eternal sympathy and my prayers are with you and yours.

8. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

:scratch: :rant:

That just sucks Borlag. I really admire you for getting through the accident 3 years ago. I don't know if I would have made it. Nice to see that you got back up on your feets and found another kickass woman to be with. Sorry to hear about her father now but I have no doubt that you will get over that too.

Take care Borlag and I hope everything works out fine for you

9. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Borlag, sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time. If I dare give you some advice, its that things do get better. No one knows what God has in stored for us, but our prayers are with you on this difficult time.

Takis (El_Greco)

10. PedPerBog

PedPerBog IncGamers Member

sorry for your loss. i really have no idea what to say to someone in this situation.
    maybe,just hang in there, and things will improve eventually.
    in any case we the forums are here, as friends, if you need to talk.

11. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Damn, sorry to hear that, Borlag :(

I just don't know how to put my words.

I know it hurts, badly. That will make you think, a lot, days, weeks, maybe months or even longer. I don't know if it is good or bad but one thing is sure: this all will change you somehow. The way this will turn out depends on people you love but mostly yourself

Just remember, life can ramble and crawl, but it will never give up. Hope has never died. You will survive this

I wish I could have expressed my feelings better but my english is too poor for that

Take care!

:thumbsup:

12. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I wish I could find the words that would ease your pain, Borlag. I sympathize with your losses, and all I can think to say is that you should keep strong in your beliefs, whatever they are...they make up your soul, and by keeping true to them in hard times, you will be able to endure, as you have already.

Steve

13. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Wow, I can't imagine that. Sorry to hear about that Borlag, hope it all gets better for you soon. Until then, have a few on me at the EMB. :drink:

14. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Borlag. I hope you can find peace with everything.

15. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I am so sorry to hear about the death of such a friend. You have my prayers. :(

16. Pucho

Pucho Banned

I'm really sorry to hear that, borlag.
    I can't find the right words to describe what I'm feeling right now, this is very sad.
    we feel very sad when we loose a good friend.
    I think that the best of him will live in your memory...

17. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

Well I have no idea of what to do in this situation, other than to offer my sympathy.

18. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I'm very sorry to hear this Borlag. I sincerely hope that things will turn for the better, and that you and your lady can get through these hard times.

Best Wishes

19. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

My sympathies to you on your loss - hold on to the light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what life does to try to bring you down, and take care. :(

20. Artemis

Artemis IncGamers Member

Trial by fire makes us the strongest we can be, like a good tempered blade. I'm glad you can find solace here, and my respect and faith in this community is now stronger than ever.

Prayers,
    Artemis