Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Saturdaily - Christmas come early

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sirpoopsalot, Oct 28, 2006.

1. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Saturdaily - Christmas come early

It's here. As I explained in the 'bar', the day I've been waiting for for 6 months has finally arrived. My alarm clock is set to go off in 5 hours and 48 minutes. That's right everyone...

... It's my first day of ski season!!!

You'll notice a new avatar shortly, to commemorate the season.

D2: Didn't get to play, as I spent about 3 hours typing up a single post in the trade forum trying to make it just right (and intelligible :tongue:). Anyone who trades will probably look on in interest for the next 10+days. It was a good task to distract me from my skiing-induced-jitters-of-excitement though.

Merry first-day everyone! :wink:

2. buffa

buffa IncGamers Member

I like your avatar now... hehe It make me think of my house's rottweiler....

3. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

I wish we had (a good amount) of snow down here...

Mach 3 Toboggan rides are awesome, but you better wear brown underwear when you do it...

EDIT:

RL: over at a friend's place, playing old-school NES. Bubble-Bobble and Battletoads in particular

D2: haven't done a whole lot, but I've been getting gear together for a dual-element druid for a while, perhaps I should actually start him.

*toddles off to create his druid*

4. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Always wants snow at the equator countries.... Sigh, summer for whole year. And today's really really hot. going out and swimming with him later. yeah!!

D2: Well, I'll do Tunneling tonight.

5. Tasdaz

Tasdaz IncGamers Member

Well it's Spring here in Tassie and we had a huge dumping of snow overnight, down to around 400 metres. The mountains look spectacular covered in their white blanket. Damned cold though.

RL: Just finished work.

D2: Might try and roll a good Baal map for my Lightning Zon.

6. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Real Life: My partner wanted to go to the Buffy "Once More With Feeling" sing-a-long last night, so we went. Not as bad as I expected, but....
    She now owes me a Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I expect her to be up front in full costume!

Been raining steadily here. I hope we don't get flooding (we have a lot of hills, steams, and rivers).

Finally figured out how to fit in most of what I want to see at the upcoming International Film Festival, in spite of the overlapping shows. Plan to see 23 films out of 41 in a 2-week festival.

Diablo II: Started 2 new characters:

Jacoby, a Necromancer who will concentrate on Bone Spear, Poison Nova, and Iron Golem (haven't decided on a merc, yet); and

Fermier, a Druid who will max out Poison Creeper, Hurricane, and Armageddon, with the help of a Cold Iron Wolf when he gets to Act III. (This character is on my partner's Mac--my older Mac, since she was using my newer Mac to play the Sims 2.)

Jude

7. mwints

mwints IncGamers Member

That game is brutal. Many a controller went out the window over that game.

8. EJB

EJB IncGamers Member

RL: Just got off work...had a fun one this morning...A 25 year old kid Darwined himself by getting drunk and high off of God knows what and tried to do a back flip off of a 12 foot ladder. Why does everyone of my generation think that they are Superman after a few(or many) beers? Long story short, his head was in more pieces than Humpty Dumpty. If anyone needs some info to keep their kids/friends to learn their limit with alcohol, I got a million of them. Off to bed so I can wake up and go back to work again...

D2: Just waiting for Sunday night so I can start my character for Skunk's Tourny...

Have a safe weekend everyone

EJB

9. Freekje

Freekje IncGamers Member

Sounds like you're working in the medical field as well? Profile says occupation is CT-scanner. You make the CT-scans, or you judge them?

I once saw a patient that fell of his bike and could not break the fall. His front teeth were shaved of :shocked: and he fractured about all the bones in his face. (upper and lower jaw multiple places, nose, septum, and multiple other fractures. He was lucky, all bones surrounding his brains were undamaged) The CT-scan that was made was amazing to see, especially the 3-d reconstruction)

RL: not much today, still enjoying 3 weeks off before I start my internships again. Maybe a little bit of shopipng this afternoon with my GF.

Diablo: Began my first char in skunkbelly's new tournament. BEsides that I made a new char yesterday, Onorico. HC pally that will use vengeance and holy shock. I plan on maxing all resist aura's to fully synergize vengeance.

10. SteveSeagal

SteveSeagal IncGamers Member

RL: It's 9:44 AM, I'm at work. I like the fact that I can look on the internet at work. I'm gonna catch up on some Physics homework with friends after I finish work. School starts back up monday, I get a few midterms back. I hope I did alright.

D2: I successfully killed Baal for the first time ever. Used my Assassin, it took foreeeever. Firstly, those damn minibosses he spawns, the last one was amazingly hard, almost harder than Baal himself. Secondly, I killed Baal's mirror self or whatever, I didn't even know. He was at like 90% health and teleported, and the real Baal went off screen. I didn't even know that he split into 2. so I spent what seemed like an eternity killing him, and then nothing happened. I run around and realize there was 2 of em and I killed the wrong one.

My assassin sucks I think, I do hardly any damage to mobs with /players 8 using my claws so I am forced to spam blade fury if I plan on doing any damage.

My Barbarian merc has better items than I do :)

I successfully crafted a pretty good paladin amulet. wish it was for a 'sin.

Thats all for now!

11. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Morning all.

RL: Have to help my brother change his oil and back brakes on his truck. The deer seem to be moving early in the good weather we are having. I'll have to cut out early to get to my stand before they pass it.

D2: Pushed my WW barb to the frigid highlands last night. Will probably run Eldritch a little more and then head off to find Baal. Other wise I'm going to hang out in the EMB with the other 2k pindle runners and wait till the end of the tournament.

12. rykuss

rykuss Banned

RL: My son woke me up early this morning with his minute by minute report. "Dad it's 9:00, Dad it's 9:01, Dad it's 9:02......" and on and on it went until 9:12 A.M. and I rolled out of bed. Made a pot of coffee and hopped on the computer and my wife came home from her sleepover thingie for my daughter's. They're in the girlscouts now and my wife gets volunteered to do all the stuff that the lazy *** soccer moms don't want to do. Oh well, she signed up for it, now she has to deal with it. They stayed on a farm and slept in the barn all night. Hahaha! OWNED! Boy did she look tired too! :laugh:

D2: I'm about to quest act 5 NM with my summoning necromancer. I found several things last night while questing act 4 that boosted my summoner tremendously. A 7% res all large charm, a Hone Sundan for my merc, a rare +1 summoning ammy and a Moser's shield. Popped in two perfect diamonds and resistances are the least of my troubles now. Can't wait to see what loot I find in act 5!

13. EJB

EJB IncGamers Member

Yeah I am the operator, No way I would/could handle going to school for another 12+years to be a radiologist...More of the story...Turns out he was part of a gymnastics club, and him and his buddies broke into their practice area and were screwing around...

As a co-worker of mine said "at least he saved us on the chlorine bill for the gene pool."

well off to work again.
    EJB

14. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Congratulations! I did the same about a month ago (with an Amazon, though) after playing since the game came out! Don't worry, though; the game's got a lot of replayability!

Jude

15. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Hey all, last poster here! Don't know why I bother sometimes, nobody's going to read it.

RL: Got home from work a little while ago... hate working the night shift, doubly so on saturday. Ah well, at least I only have to do one a week, and a paycheck's a paycheck.

D2: Started my Fireball Templar, named him JerryLeeLewis. He's lvl 17 now at the outer cloister WP. He'll be melee until lvl 30+ when he'll get FoH, can't wait until the end of normal for the Trang's set items and Fireball!

I think I'll go play a bit, before I go to bed and set the clocks back!
    ~MM

16. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Hey, I read that, and since I'm dropping this spam in here, you're not the last poster either. :neener:

RL: Skiing didn't really count. I tried, but after about 3 turns on my broken foot it was pretty aparent that I'm not yet ready. I did one run, on one leg, and then went home. It was still a good day though, as the mountains are very pretty this time of year (just enough snow cover to make them about 50-60% snowy, but the color of the trees & rocks still come through well). I took the scenic route home. :cloud9:

D2: Wow, does my necro suck. A lot. I'll keep slogging through with him, but currently I'm trying not to loose interest. I started my HC 'zon for Skunkbelly's tournament, and she's much more fun - I can't talk too much because of tourney rules though. I also have a wolf/hybrid-barb idea that I'm thinking about starting too.

17. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Cool, iv never been skiing before... just snowboarding a few years back.

Kinda past Saturday here already but oh well.

RL: Not much, actually been playing diablo alot today. Nothing else to do.

D2: Finished normal with my skellymancer, started act one normal. Level 47 atm.