SAT's come out today

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
SAT's come out today

apparently they come out today but collegeboard.com decided not to update heh.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Priorities my friend. You must consider their priorities. Which are:

Let the suckers sweat whilst we sip tea, point and laugh.

No worries, when you do finally achieve the education you are actively pursuing they will be working for you, or someone else in your class. :thumbsup:

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Essay-Ts

Well, here's hoping for the best Tor. These are the new SATs with the essays, right? The way I see it, the essays can only boost your score (my reasoning is thus: if you did well on the rest of the test, you probably know how to write a proper essay so your score will only increase; if you did poorly on the rest of the test, you probably don't know how to write a proper essay in the first place and therefore anything you write won't make a difference).

5Ws

Banned
Necrolestes said:
Well, here's hoping for the best Tor. These are the new SATs with the essays, right? The way I see it, the essays can only boost your score (my reasoning is thus: if you did well on the rest of the test, you probably know how to write a proper essay so your score will only increase; if you did poorly on the rest of the test, you probably don't know how to write a proper essay in the first place and therefore anything you write won't make a difference).
That I have to disagree, I myself is an example, I did very well on SAT I, and also the parts SAT II Writing where there is no writing, but the actual essay I did horrible on, ridiculous percentile difference.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
I got a 1880 :hanky: I was hoping for a 2000+...

Oh well, I'll take it in June again.

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Man that sounds so weird...1880...I remember back in the day (like last year?) when the highest you could get was a 1600.

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
I am so happy I never have to deal with those exams. I was in the last class that graduated before they implemented the change.

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallen Creation said:
I got a 2290.

800 Math
800 Writing
690 Reading
Way to choke.

I always contended that if the math weren't so freaking easy, lets throw some damn calculus on there, I could dominate it.

Lord_Shinnok said:
*dances for never having to do those things again*
So you're either stopping after college, of have never heard of the GRE or GMAT. GRE is the only one I have personal experience with, but its basically the SATs stepped up a few notches.

axeil

Diabloii.Net Member
700 writing (12/12 on the essay)
650 math
750 verbal.

Yeah I'm happy.

Edit: My math score went up by about 50 points mainly because the questions on the test were things I've seen in the past 2-3 years instead of 4-6. That's what advanced math classes starting in 7th grade do to you.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
They only reported scores, not percentiles yet. Assume 500 is average in each catagory, and a 1500 is average overall.

Wow, I'm simply envious after seeing those scores. I did much worse in math than I expected and thought I did. I thought I cored an 800, but I came up with a 690. Reading and writing were about what I expected, maybe slightly lower than I wanted.

EDIT: After seeing the scores you two got, it makes me wonder if I'll ever get into a college of my choice...and it's not Ivy League, most likely a private school.

5Ws

Banned
Kinda sucks for us oldies, cuz you know 10 years from now, we'll be talking about the good old times, and someone will ask about the SAT,
Friend: "I got a 1950."
Another friend: "Nice, I got a 1850, you?"
Me: "1470..."