Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sanctuary vs Stormshield [ Meteorb Sorceress ]

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Sessily, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Sanctuary vs Stormshield [ Meteorb Sorceress ]

Sanctuary vs. Stormshield

After compiling my end-game equipment, I've noticed that it lacks in resists without high end items like Chains of Honor or Mara's. And, since I have Sanctuary in a Troll Nest, it seems more economical stat-wise.

Opinions? is the 35% PDR worth the bonuses that Sanctuary gives?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

hard to tell now without more information about what your end-game goals are.

sanctuary is a fine shield though, if you can't get resists elsewhere.

my opinion though is that pdr is even harder to get, and shaft is a terrible piece of eq.

what i do is have a "placeholder" for resists for armor: smoke runeword. that way, someday when i get CoH or tyrael's might, i can make a quick switch with no worries, and i don't have to do mental acrobatics when choosing my other eq. sadly though, my poor smoke armor needs to be the placeholder on like 5 chars now. :(

3. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

I play Single Player, and thus don't intend on ever having a CoH. I have a Maras but I feel that if I can use Sanctuary on my Sorceress instead of Maras, that would be better as I can use it on characters that need it more.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

after looking at the stats, it seems to me like this:

blocking: 67% storm > 60% sanct. would make a difference statwise, although i'm not sure if it would make that much of a difference to make up for the str.
    stats: stormshield str > sanctuary dex
    storm pdr vs sanct res, but storm does have significant res on it.
    other: sanct has faster hit recovery and missile def, but storm has indestructibility, far more defense, and more faster block rate.

i would go with storm, as the additional points in str is not a big deal to me.

5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Far more defense? The difference is literally in the 20 range (I have mine in a troll nest). That's not going to make a difference.

Stormshiled is much more costly stat-wise. The lower block on Sanctuary is weighed out by it's innate +20 to Dex whereas Stormshield still requires about 40 more Strength.

Faster Hit Recovery and Slow MIssles are incredibly helpful, much moreso than faster block rate.

The Resists vs. PDR is really what seperates them. Which is more useful?

Can I get a second opinion on this?

Indestrustibility is merely eye-candy, one shouldn't be hit enough for it to matter.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Resists you can get elsewhere. Being a sorc, PDR is hard to come by unless you are a melee sorc or something. If you have PDR thats already 35% damage taken off. Much more useful. SS also gives some good resistance non the less. Just add on some more resistance gear and your set.

7. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

You shouldn't need physical damage reduction. The only source of it i've ever used and liked on caster sorceresses was shako, and not because of the PDR mod but because of the other gravy mods. Go with sanctuary imo and get a merc that can tank for you if you don't already have one.

8. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

That was exactly my heistation. With max block and 10% DR from Shako, more PDR is obviously better but it can be done without on a caster who won't even be meleeing.

9. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

I mean come on you have teleport, you're not even dealing with battlenet desynch, kinda crappy if a physical attack can hit you often (bone spears & lightnings are harder to dodge than a few archers.... plus harder to kill)