Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sanctuary Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dimmu Borgir, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Dimmu Borgir

Dimmu Borgir IncGamers Member

Sanctuary Question

I'm working on another unorthodox build (Made a sick Barb one already), and I have a question about a few Paladin skills.

I noticed Holy Bolt receives +50% damage PER LEVEL on both of its synergies. FIFTY PERCENT. Even if thats just against undead, that is absolutely... rediculous.

So I've begun testing out a build I'll calling right now the "Deadslayer". One quick question about it first before I continue testing:

Does Sanctuary increase Holy Bolt's damage? I know it will passively because its enhanced damage to undead, but will the damage boost actually show up on your character screen?

If no one knows I'm going to test this out on my own.

I have in the makings here a potentially AWESOME party character. Benefits of a healer in the party with the addition of him being able to be a complete BADASS in two of the most annoying undead-swarmed places: Tal Rasha's Tomb and Chaos Sanctuary.

2. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

As much as I know the sanctuary wont affect the holy bolts damage...

:shocked:
    *priit2

3. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

in chaos sanc how do you plan to deal with venom lords? i am interested in this build.. maybe post you skill plan?

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Maybe he can zeal with a really strong weapon ?

Note that Sanctuary won't add to Hbolt damage what it does is negate all undead damage resistances and immunities from physical damage.

5. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

well great he can easily wreck undead with holy bolt so why bother using sacntuary to negate phys resists? what i am wondering is how he plans to kill the other 60-70% of the monsters he comes up against if he is synergizing hbolt (with takes 60 pts i believe) and 20 in sanc leaves opnly about 20 left for a secondary attack. 1pt zeal extra in fanat could work with a decent wep switch, but then you lose BO

6. The Pharaoh

The Pharaoh IncGamers Member

yeah i wouldn't waste tha points in sanc, that's why if you're going down that road with HB you should just do what i did and make a cleric....my lvl 77 cleric does 6.3k dam HB, heals 220-460 each bolt, and with maxed prayer and med i can regen mana mad fast and heal an additional 37. But this dude isn't for solo play. I can't believe i got called a noob for that character build....who doesn't like a guy that keeps you alive?