Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Same Time

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by ofSonic, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ofSonic

ofSonic IncGamers Member

Same Time

Is it possible, with only 1 computer, to have 2 of your characters in the same game at the same time? Thanks

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

yes, you would have to have 2 different set of cd keys though (4 total, 2 for classic and 2 for LOD)

3. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

It's totally possible, as long as you have windows xp and utilize the user switch option. This is how I rush and mule for myself, and is the only know way to legitly run 2 instances at once. You just have to watch out for the little things like logging in the same account in both instances and both being in the lobby or char selection screen, but other than that it works great.

If you're pc can handle it, and you have the required cd keys, it works wonders, and you don't lose items in self muling nearly as often from realm downs and such.

~Bails

Let me know if you need more specifics, I should be able to dig up a link to a thread where this was discussed in depth.

4. tallon

tallon IncGamers Member

I am interested in how you do this. I had two computers... to use for self rushing. Now my wife plays. Almost as much as I do... heh. Either way, I'm out my other comp so I need a new way to mule/rush myself :).

-tallon

5. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Well, to save space, I'll pass you off to another thread where this was discussed, and pretty much answers any question on how to do it that might come up.
    http://rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=276383

As before, any other questions, let me know.

~Bails

P.S. Self rushing is still going to be slower than if you have a reliable person to play with, but I'm antisocial so I just tend to play solo.