Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Same skill used different ways at same time?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Pode, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Pode

Pode Diabloii.Net Member

Same skill used different ways at same time?

I don't know if this has been discussed but it seems like a good idea to me. With skill runes being such a big deal, its gonna be hard to decide what rune to put into a skill like say Plague of Toads. Will it be possible to have fire toads on 1, giant toad on 2, raining toads on 3, gas blinding toads on 4, etc. Or for each skill do you only get a choice of 1 rune and one skill slot for that one skill?

2. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Same skill used different ways at same time?

It's 1 skill rune per slot per skill I am afraid.

3. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Diabloii.Net Member

It has been discussed here, ironically using the same Toad example.

But yeah, if you have a hard time choosing between two things then that's usually a good thing, as it's a sign of good balance. You'll be able to switch runes between the two as often as you please, though, and if you do it fast enough then perhaps you might even get to have two different versions of the skill active at the same time. Who knows?

4. Neltharion

Neltharion Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, that's a great idea, isn't it?

Obviously, you won't ever roll with 6 versions of the same skill (some exceptions aside), but considering how drastic the changes from some runes are I'd take some of the skills multiple times in a heart beat.

Best example is Hydra. You could be a Hydra Master! Lightning Hydra for single target damage, Cold Hydra for control, Arcane Hydra for AE, Firewall Hydra for more AE and Acid Hydra for even more AE.

Wouldn't that be fun? :)

Even allowing only 2 of the same skill would be great. I'm a big fan of Electrocute. Having one Chain Lightning version and one for single target damage would be great.

Also, it would increase the number of builds from 97 billion to astronomical numbers.

Quick! Someone post this on the B.Net forums where Bashiok hides, maybe he can relay it to the developers!

5. Andy2702

Andy2702 Diabloii.Net Member

It's a pity Battle.net forums are such a ***** to use, especially when it appears they actually make a difference. The threads there suck anyways.

6. Kurogane

Kurogane Diabloii.Net Member

I don't really see a problem, provided that the extra versions cost the same amount of skill points.

So 6 versions of Hydra = 6 times the number of skill points.

7. Telzen

Telzen Diabloii.Net Member

I think that would **** up the balance too much. Say hydra has a cooldown so you can't just have them all over the screen owning everything, but with this system you could just spam hydra and sit back and let them do all the work. Think of frost nova, its got a cooldown to keep it balanced. So if you could just cast it 4 times in a row I think that would turn out bad.

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

the 1 rune per skill is better imo. if you allow multiple runes in each skill and allow the same skill to be placed more than once in the skill bar then maxing 1 skill is like getting 5 maxed skills. takes the choice away from what skills to max and what to leave mid level, 2 maxed skills turns into 10 and you can even fit that many anyway. the way it is now is good