Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Safest char to hell's hellforge

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ogz, Apr 1, 2004.

1. ogz

ogz IncGamers Member

Safest char to hell's hellforge

what is the safest char that can rush another to hell's hellforge at least?

assuming not too good equipments

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Sorc? (helps to get BO first). If you can get 63% FCR nothing should be able to hit you.

At least when I need a PA, friends usually whip their sorcs (Orb) out. Can tele everywhere quickly, especially thru the annoying Maggot lair and quickly get ammy. Also used to do Meph runs a lot..so that's the next annoying area covered.

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

A well equipped sorc built for tanking is easily one of the safest chars in the game.
    A poorly equipped one on the other hand is quite the opposite. However, since hellforge rushes involve the word "rushes" I think the sorc is the only one that *really* warrants the time. Since you don't need to do Baal/Diablo (IE no forced killing of CIs except for the occasional one in NM and a council member or two) an orb sorc should do the trick rather well... Try to get your hands on a Wizzy + Viper + Whistan's as minimum gear before you start doing it though, I'm not sure what you mean by "not too good," so you might already have that.

4. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Its about what equipment you can have. If you have enigma, an enigma hammerdin is simply best because it is fast.

Other than that, i think you really should go sorc. Without teleport, it would take way to long.
    Nothing hitting her with 63 fcr is an illusion unless you can prevent teleporting into packs with maphack. If you don't maphack, you will certainly get hit. Sorces can be pretty sturdy though. Get max block, 1 ES with 20 telekinesis, absorb all 3 elements(raven dward Tgod)and a bit damage reduction (shaftshop+rockstopper/shako) and you will be very safe.
    The build i posted in "wackens mephi sorc" is probably the safest -not too expensive- build you can make with a sorc. It does include shako, but rockstopper will easilly do if you dont care for mf, infact it even helps you better with its resistances. you will only kill a few bosses, so low killing speed(little or no + skills) is not so much of a problem. My sorc can pretty well rush people to hell forge, only a full rush is a problem since i cant clear SC (cold imunes)

Rockstopper+Wizzy+EldEldMosers+Magefist+Dwarfstar+Ravenfrost+Tgods
    boots and amy are not even needed, some skills amy is nice, even nicer if it is safety crafted to increase your block chance.

90-160-2xx-base stats (need 110 str, but get the Tgod on with some charms, then remove the charms and it wears itself)

Max Telekinesis
    1 ES
    1 teleport
    1 shiver armor (or whatever it is called, the second one in the row of 3)
    Other skills whatever you want to kill the bosses.

That is not too expensive and i'm sure it will be able to rush hellforges without real danger.

edit: reply to above poster:
    I always used mosers with 1 or 2 PD when i needed more resists from it, but indeed, you can better use whitstands with 1 PD than mosers dual eld. quest30+rock30+wizzy75+pdwhistand19 = 164 res all. Add 11 from charms or amulet to max them in hell.
    For the armor, no viper needed, just go for shaft. damage reduction really helps a lot when you get hit by those extra strong fanaticism guys

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Problem is the original poster said "not too good equipment" (whatever that is). If the ladder ever resets...a sorc is gonna be my first character

6. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

a well build barb can do a1 til chaos easily.
    so can a well build werewolf/melee pally.
    I favour bonecro for entire hell rush because bonecro owns chaos santury...

7. ogz

ogz IncGamers Member

I play with 250+ ping (250 is like during the best times)
    so I really dont trust teleporting through monsters.

I know i mentioned 'rushing' but just being able to get there is good enough for me for now :)

um, out of the list of items suggested I do have:
    magefirst, raven, mosers (but ethereal), occy (too scared to put it on a char atm lol), viperskin..

my best shield atm is a 69% rhyme tower shield

Anyway thanks the input everyone, I might try an orb sorc again (MY first one died to a CE/FE unique boss :(, never made another yet )

*edit
    Is it possible to get a staff/orb with +energy shield, to save some skill points?
    will telekiness synergise with a +energy sheild staff?

--oops i put wizzy, but i meant occy

8. tooie1

tooie1 IncGamers Member

I think you are pretty well set, you might not be able rush as fast as you might like, but you should still be able to get it done faster than other chars.

The fact that moser's is ethereal should be a big problem. Since you don't have wizzy, you will probably need to put 2 diamonds in it.

You would only save 1 pt by using an engery shield item since you only need 1 pt in e-shield and the rest in telekinesis. I'm not a big eshield fan but a pure orb build will have plenty of skill points left, especially if you don't max the orb synergy (frozen bolt?) The synergy gives another ~150 dmg which helps but sonce you won't be trying to kill everything but just tele-ing while staying alive, the e-shield is probably a better choice than the synergy.

9. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Yes, that is possible. If you are on europe, i will give you a staff with ES for free.

It does of course save you the prerequested skill points. So it saves multiple points. I dont use it myself because i use my second weapon tab for MF, if you dont want to do that, such a staff is a fine choise.

The ladder will most likely never reset, don't wait for it.

10. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

For my $.02 on the safest not great gear rusher I'd have to say skelli mancer with a decent bone spear for "Hell" hellforge rushes. Norm through act1 Hell i'd go orb or meteorb sorc. For act2 through act3 council go necro with a tele ammy (not too expensive except for the gold). Slower but MUCH safer without great equipment. Switch back to sorc or stay with necro for meph, then necro for the river and the forge. Safe cheap and reasonably fast. Only thing that sux worse then getting PK'ed is dying rushing IMO.