Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sad sad day for my Wolfie :'(

Discussion in 'Druid' started by NokturnaL, Oct 26, 2006.

1. NokturnaL

NokturnaL IncGamers Member

Sad sad day for my Wolfie :'(

Oh man guys the worst thing just happend..
    I was in a duel game and I made the stupid decision to drop my items in a different act so that I could bring my wolf in to duel. So I log back in with my wolf and then battle.net disconnects me.. Then I keep getting the message that something is wrong with my modem and I cant connect to battle.net! My internet was fine though so I dunno what the heck happend. When I finally got back on the duel game was gone along with all the items i dropped :cry:
    I lost my druid torch, anni, dungo, highlords, gores, and a ravenfrost.. :cry: :cry:
    This sucks so much.. I don't have the means to replace them because these items were given to me by a friend who no longer plays and the worst part is, without the torch and anni, my wolfie cant even wear most of his gear :[
    Anyways.. i'm on uswest, some of you guys might recognize my wolf.
    His name is AROOOO.
    If any of you rich wolfies could help me out in any way i would be so so grateful and foever in debt to you.
    Back to crying for me... wish me luck.

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Good Luck man.
    Now im trying to say this in the nicest way possible, DONT DROP YOUR ITEMZ IN PUBBIES!!!!111!!!1

3. NokturnaL

NokturnaL IncGamers Member

i know i know so very very stupid..
    i only have like 2 friends on battle.net though and theyre barely ever on so I usually do it this way. it usually works too, but with my luck, the one time i need it to work the most, is the time it fails and i lose the stuff i need :[

4. dodobird

dodobird IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. All of my friends dunt play nemore either, so I did what you did, and lost the same way (probly a lot more in value overall). Ended up buying a 2nd copy of the game so I can xfer myself now, seems to work well. Don't despair u'll get ur riches back, I always did, and look on the bright side, u got those items for free neway. (easy come, easy go, that's how I always feel @ times like this).

good luck getting ur wolf back =]

-Dodo

5. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Why did you drop your good stuff to duel? Am I missing basic duelling custom or what?

6. RareBear

RareBear IncGamers Member

Should of just Xfer them in a solo private game. Your Xfers can and must be done in under 1 minute, unless you perm

Public Xfering? Thats a serious no

Either way its risky, becasue of temp bans, but I'd prefer solo Pw game Xfering

7. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

A lesson to lear from that: don't ( never) drop any "good stuff" on ground in "any" game.

Even though you have made a game for 2 hours and you are like 1000% sure the game won't die. Bnet servers can still screw up and that happen most of the time ( server reset, server hickup etc.. )

Z

* I can help you if you' re on East ... but West... :sad2:

8. Smithenator

Smithenator IncGamers Member

What stats all together do you need from them? Im not particularly rich but I have some stuff you can have so you can use your gear again, assuming someone hasnt already given you replacements.

Oh, uh, thats if you are ladder, otherwise not much I can do.

9. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

xD i did the same thing and lost almost all my good itamz and i nearly quit dia until a friend gave me an enigma. So yeah i know ow it feels^^. I'm on eu tho so i cant gieb phre.

edit: I was muling gear for my wolf too.

10. mali

mali IncGamers Member

I think I am dumber for reading that...:shocked:

11. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Sorry for your loss. I've had similar brainfarts where I've tried xferring in a private game only to realise it's less than a minute old...

The ONLY time you should even consider public muling EVER is: finding a normal difficulty "act 1" or something similar type game, where you know:
    a) there's no level/players cap
    b) there's no chance of it filling up. Normal Act 2 type games will sometimes fill up fast and stay full sometimes.
    c) the unsuspecting player(s) in the game wont up and leave on you (this one's a tough one)

Always find a random spot in the wild, in a far away corner away from a waypoint that's accessible quickly and easily by mule.

Otherwise, ALWAYS mule safely. Read these forums or something while you're waiting for a game to become permanent.

EDIT: This was me 452nd post... 452!

12. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

If I have to public mule I normally do it in Parking games since most of those people won't be moving.

13. mali

mali IncGamers Member

IF I do this (& I rarely do), I make sure I have a mule that is FULLY rushed, and do it in an out-of-the-way WP, one for an ancillary quest that not everyone does. Choose a game that is more than 5 minutes old, and has 1 or 2 players in an open level game. Sometimes I'll even throw out a 'gib me free plz'... no-one ignores anyone faster than a seagull :wink:

14. MaStAViC

MaStAViC IncGamers Member

Hey, NokturnaL,
    How's it going? I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It is unfortunate that after so many years after the release of Diablo 2, Battle.net still has problems that lead to situations like the one you are currently in.

I think NokturnaL meant that he had two characters that shared some items and, in the incident he described, he was trying to transfer some items from one character to another character so that the second character could duel.

-=MaStA ViC

15. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Ill second that :embarassed: .