Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sad day, a friend of mine was murdered.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Metallica, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Metallica

Metallica Banned

Sad day, a friend of mine was murdered.

When I got home today his father called me. Apparently when he was delivering food to the apartment and the 3 black kids robbed him. After he gave his money they were not satisfied, so they took out a bat and continuously hitting his head. And the worst part is, the 3 kids are only around 17 so they can not be tried as adult! I'm so sad and angry at the same time, the justice system is really ****ed ****. This is the second friend I lost in the past 3 months due to homocide. The other one was about this kid who didn't rob the store but was stabbed by the store owner because of misunderstand if you remembered it.

Just thought I would share with you guys because I'm really depressed and down right now.

2. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Wow that sucks.

I had a friend who blew his brains out playing russian roulette back in high school. But I don't think that's the same... I mean your friend presumably was fully innocent, unlike my friend who brought it upon himself. But still... I don't know what else to say. Hopefully the attackers will get what's coming to them, and hopefully your friend is being looked after in whichever form of afterlife pertained to his beliefs.

3. Pidder

Pidder IncGamers Member

my condolences

4. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Man... I'm really sorry. Words escape me when something like this happens. I hope you'll get through it okay. Stay strong. :(

5. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

It is a sad thing indeed to lose a friend. Even more tragic when they are taken before their time. All I can say to you is he is in a far better place where there is no pain and those who have his blood on their hands will answer for it, in this life or the next.

I know nothing I say will make this loss any lighter but, your friend is in a good place and you will see him again. Just be strong and press on, he'll wait for you.

Take care of yourself.

6. Metallica

Metallica Banned

And he was so young, only about 19 years old. Apparently he dropped out of high school and opened up the restaurant with his father, I saw his father today, his tears was non stop. It was really heart breaking.

7. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

That made the national news, you live in NYC right? I offer you my condolences, and--you needn't worry, it is very likely that the perpetrators will be tried as adults.

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Most likely. They commited adult acts of ..... bashing head with bat. Put them in jail i say! My condolences.

9. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

Well, if you do live in NY, this might be the story.

So, it looks as though they will be tried as adults and could face up to 25 years. Small price to pay for the life they took but at least it's not going unnoticed or unpunished.

This reminds me of the thread Anyee made. She watched someone die after being stabbed when someone stealing from a CVS or something like that was chased. The criminal stabbed two kids, one fatally.

I mean, what sort of society are we in that people would kill eachother over such pettieness.

I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend and hope the capture and (presumably) sentencing of these two will give you some closure and let you move on.

10. PAC-MAN

PAC-MAN IncGamers Member

I don't know what to say man... That was pretty ****ed up what those 3 kids did. I hope your friend is in peace now. My friend recently was burnt, he was huffing gas and another kid flicked a match at him. He was in critical condition for a while, but now hes ok. I very much hope your friend is ok now, I am sorry for your loss of your friend.

11. mudvaynefan

mudvaynefan IncGamers Member

reading that story gave me that feeling of great sadness, its hard to lose someone you love, my mom died in a car accident last year.... it hurts, bad, it will heal in time, but for now, grieve. Dont be afraid to do what you need to do to heal. Im very sorry for your loss

12. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Sometimes things happen because they were an accident. Sometimes, things happen because people meant them to. Its these that make you angry. Its also frustrating that the motives behind these things turn out to be really stupid. Really stupid. Such as some guys were pissed off because your brother nabbed a chick the guy liked 4 years ago and since your bro is out of town, I have to mess you up instead.

Well, hang in there. You'll come out of it stronger.

13. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

I lost my father 2 years ago. It will heal with time but there is always a scar. I'm sorry.

14. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

My condolences as well.

-Rafty

15. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I'm sorry about your friend. :( There was another thread about how someone watched someone else die. There seems to be more murders lately. They continuously hit his head with a bat? Why? Some people are just morons.

16. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

I'm sorry about the loss around the board recently. It's sad how young people these days don't get to have a bright future. I just don't understand why some people need to be parasites to societies.

Long long long time ago where I came from (althought I wasn't born yet), punishment for stealing is to have your hands cut off. If you r*** someone, your buddy will be shorten. My mom always tells me that crime rate was so low back then. Maybe this method should have been used around the world today.

17. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

Just read Sarge's link to CNN.

I wonder why they weren't charged with 1st degree. The ADA could argue that the entire thing was an ambush.

18. Metallica

Metallica Banned

Yes that was the whole story right there. But I could have swear it was 3 people.
    Between, 25 years is too light for them. Those people should be removed from society forever, they're only 16 and murdered a defenseless innocent young man, who knows what they will be when they're older. You know it's people like them who're constantly giving black people bad name.

19. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

I am very sorry for your loss. It is a difficult thing to lose a friend and harder still under these circumstances. I hope that your desire for vengeneance, while understandable, lifts enough to let you mourn your friend properly.

Second degree...probably because it wasn't premeditated and didn't involve the commission of another major crime.

20. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

You're totally right. Something about this just leaves me feeling sick and angry, more so than I would normally be, and I hope they get life for this. I can't say that I feel your pain, but you have my sympathy.