Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sacrificing some lightning strike for jab (light javazon)

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by digemthefrog, Oct 3, 2006.

1. digemthefrog

digemthefrog IncGamers Member

sacrificing some lightning strike for jab (light javazon)

i just started my first javazon and want to know if its worth it to sacrifice a few points in lightning strike to put in jab so im not completely useless against light immunes. this is only pvm and will be used mostly for baal/cow runs. this is my planned build:

20 charged strike
    20 lightning fury
    17 valkyrie
    15-20 lightning strike
    10 pierce
    5-6 jab
    rest in dodge/avoid/evade

any input would be appreciated before i continue to build this char, if its a mistake then i'd rather just start over now

2. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

Oh Yea!

:thumbsup: That is EXACTLY how I built my most successful Amazon ever. Not to say that there aren't other successful builds out there (there are many actually) but that combo works the best for me.

She will fly through normal and nightmare- nothing should give you guff in the slightest. Hell, though, is where you'll start needing the ability to put down many different kinds of damage. Be on the lookout for high damage charms of various types. You'll still kill really fast, but LI/PI's are kinda slow to kill.
    If you use a 'Peace' runeword armor, then you can save about 10 of the points you would have put into the Valk for something else- it gives you a level 15 valk- just jab something a couple times and it'll trigger eventually.

3. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

titans will kill immunes decent with normal attack anyway :) get a infinity to help. also peace is awsome i was looking at that for a bowazon though javas need something tad better to wear imho

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I maxed Jab once and found it to be a complete waste of 19 skill points. The mana cost goes up, the damage hardly increases, and the additional attack rating is unnecessary. Just get a Might Merc.

5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

don't put extra points into jab it's not worth it
    focus on lightning skills

and above all, try to get an infinity, that's what makes javazons so godly

6. digemthefrog

whats an infinity

7. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

It's a Ladder-only runeword, made in Polearms. It's basically a mercenary's weapon that grants a level 12 Conviction aura. It will break many (not all) of the Lightning Immune monsters in Hell.

It's not easy to "get" an Infinity, you need Ber, Mal, Ber, Ist runes to make it. Good Luck finding those babies.

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I understand your reasoning for putting those 5-6 points into jab, that is where the damage penalty cuts off. Don't do it. Instead, put those points into Critical Strike and/or Penetrate for better killing and chance to hit. Jab is truly a one point wonder. Later in the game, with the plus skills items you likely will have, your jab will be at level 7-8 or more anyway.

9. WrongdayJ

I agree with YogiRat...

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I only put one point into Jab, and use +skill items to raise it up over the damage penalty. I also agree that the extra points NOT put into Jab would be better used in Critical Strike and/or Penetrate.

You really can't go wrong with this build, though. Even if you put the points in Jab. . .it's not gonna kill the build. You'll still be kicking booty and taking names in a big way! Up until Hell, you'll feel like there's nothing that can stop you.

10. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I too, only stuck one point in Jab. My merc finishes off immunes pretty quickly anyways, and after I got him an Infinity, it became even more of a moot point.

11. digemthefrog

well im too lazy to start over now, like wrongday said i doubt it will kill the build. im assuming an act2 merc is best, which kind should i get?

12. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I used Might merc to help out with my physical damage and leech a bit.

13. PhatTrumpet

:unimpressed:

:duh:

:rolleyes:

14. WrongdayJ

There are many schools of thought on which merc is 'best', but I think it all boils down to your playing style. If you want to control the tempo of the enemies and handle them in a slower fashion, then definately a holy freeze merc is your best bet. If you are more aggressive and prefer a more fast paced offensive experience, then a might merc may be more appropriate for you. Some folks prefer the Act V merc as a sheer tank. I know another guy who swears by an Act I rougue merc with some exotic equipment providing cover fire for him and his valk.

My advise- Play them all in various areas and situations and then you'll know what Merc is best FOR YOU.

(Personally- I prefer the Holy Freeze merc. . .but that's just me.):cool:

15. The Pharaoh

The Pharaoh IncGamers Member

I always forget which type has "X" aura, offensive, combat, ect?

16. PhatTrumpet