Sacrifice details, and looking for players

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Sacrifice details, and looking for players

First, at long last I'm continuing the adjusted Exemplar build I mentioned some time back. Currently, I've just finished nightmare Radament and can wait a few hours should anyone be available to play with. This is the Sacrifice/Smite/Zeal melee/thrower using Redemption/Fanaticism (Defiance only for synergy) build, currently equipped with Passion and tons of deadly strike/crushing blow. If you need a little help getting a character to act five nightmare, whisper *New2TheGame16 or find me in Op DiabloII.Net.

Second, I'm interested in the details of Sacrifice. Clearly, 16% leech is needed in nightmare to counter the hardcoded 8% from the skill. I have 17% right now, but still lose life. Does this have anything to do with physical resistance? I'd imagine if some of the damage is negated then so would the penalty, but if the damage/penalty is incurred first, then the resistance/leech follows, that could explain it. Amazing how many monsters have some form of physical resistance, even in early nightmare.

Thanks, I'll be waiting.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Arreat Summit said:
Another problem with high damage weapons when using Sacrifice is that you may be doing more damage to the monsters than you need to. A monster may die in one hit with a Two-handed weapon damage of 538 but 200 damage might also be all you need to kill the monster. The extra damage caused by your powerful weapon will cause increased loss in your life needlessly. Try finding a less powerful weapon. Although you will not kill the monster as quickly, you will be draining less hit points.
Does the above have anything to do with what you're experiencing?