Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sacadin questions (PvP)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kev_Dawg5150, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Kev_Dawg5150

Kev_Dawg5150 IncGamers Member

Sacadin questions (PvP)

Plan on making sacadin... blah blah, PK/PvP, yadda yadda *is feeling lazy since the first attempt at typing this post 'magically' disappeared when the browser mysteriously changed pages*

1. I've used calculus to figure out the maximum damage return when using Sacrifice with Might. I'm basing my numbers on the assumption that the Sac ED is appliead first, then that result is enhanced by Might. Is this the way the two abilities work with each other? (if no, then this plan is already botched)

2. I plan on using Bloodrise. Cleglaw's seems tempting, but Blood has +3 Sac (on top of that, I want to be a -little- original for once). Would there be any other decent weapons to use for a particularly low level Sacadin.

3. I plan on using mostly +str and +dex charms instead of +life charms, figuring that a good deal of the difference will be made up by allowing more points to be added to Vit. Good idea/bad idea?

4. Instead of using max damage charms in my armor and helm, I plan on using rubies to further make up for having few +life charms (perhaps I'll even used flawless ones if I go to level 16). Again; good idea/bad idea?

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

One and two are find. Try to find an eth one.

3) Paladins gain 3 vit per point, large charms can come up to 15 or so. So basically if you have a +5 charm it evens out.

4) You need max damage. Regardless. Otherwise you'll never get the kills and it will feel very hollow.

3. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Well, if you want an ethereal bloodrise, and you're on West, pm me and I'll give.

I won't be making a pally lvl 15-18 for some time.
    I used to use an eth bloodrise as a fake weapon on my 18 charge/zeal pally in 1.09.
    Pvm damage looked fearsome, but it paled in comparison to the awesome 50%ds Azurewrath.

Also, Flawless gems are lvl 15 anyway, as is bloodrise.

Don't know if its just me, but I always find sacrifice too slow...

4. NightShade

I prefer to throw off 2 zeals then apply the sac power hit, to make sure they're as low as they'll let themselves be.

5. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

I assume with this build that you'd have 30 IAS from either sigon's or death's, correct? If so, then using bloodrise would give you a 13-frame sacrafice, as opposed to the 11-frame sacrafice that cleg's would give you. In addition, you would miss out on the 50% chance of deadly strike. In the end, bloodrise would most likely be too slow and weak to get very many kills (if any at all).

I've made both a lvl 15 sacadin using bloodrise, and a lvl 12 sacadin using clegs, and in my opinion the lvl 12 using clegs blows away the lvl 15 using bloodrise. It's your choice which way you end up going, just wanted to let you know the results of my tests with both of these builds.

Oh, and have fun ;) .

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I agree with you christor, however, it IS good to be original once in a while, I think seeing a paladin who is a little weaker using a bloodrise would be much cooler than a stronger one using clegs ;) He said originality was a factor in his decesion, however, I agree with everything you said about the differences.

-Matt

7. Kev_Dawg5150

Bleh... I think you assumed wrong. I should have mentioned that I'm working with ridiculously little wealth (hence my not using damage jewels and +life charms). So... Any suggestions to make this build any cheaper and more effective would be nice.

8. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

2. I plan on using Bloodrise.

I never understood why people would use that. A scepter with +3 to sacrifice is easily found, as are ith runes. You'll have a faster weapon, more damage in the end, and the possibilities of getting an extra skill on there (+1 charge for movement purposes, and they'll think you're useless up close, and then you sac ;))

9. Kev_Dawg5150

*refers you to above post*

I'd like to reiterate that I never seem to find the items I want/need. For example, I don't plan on building a Druid, and what's the first +skills charm I find? +1 Elemental skills. ><

I would head out to trade, but I'm certain most of you have heard how hopeless that is (IE: WUG, WUW, n00b...).

10. Sip

Sip Banned

Dont plan on killing anything unless you have max damage jewels. The damage on a sacadin isnt exactly "leet" to begin with.

You dont need calculus to figure out how to get the best damage possible. The two skills don't modify eachother...otherwise you'd be doing 10 million damage per smack. First max Sacrifice (15% additional damage per level) then put the rest of the points into might (only 10% additional damage per level)

seriously though, if you aren't using max damage jewels..dont waste your time. You wont kill a thing. Maybe i can refer you to my favorite build, which costs no max jewels to make:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=139847&highlight=kicksin

this is very solid build that can actually kill things (with the help of crushing blow). The life is high, you have block and you attack crazy fast. Not to mention you run fast as hell and can teleport kick.

11. Kev_Dawg5150

Ah, yes, I've heard of the kicksin many times before. I've considered it, before, but again originality enters into it; who knows how many people have already made it since it was first posted? On top of that, I'm looking for something around the level 12 to 18 range, allowing me to practice PK'ing in sewer runs. Last I heard, kicksins were level 25ish. Do you think it might be feasible to modify the build for level 16 or so?

12. NightShade

Lvl 18 kickasn :

Sigons boots+Gloves (your damage will suck, I warn you)
    deaths belt
    4 pr gothic
    3 pr crown
    Pelta lunata + eld
    Angelics
    and the gnasher. Lots of open wounds, some CB.

Like I said, this thing isn't a great killer at this level, but it can blast a few pvm'ers with it's massive open wounds damage over time.

13. Kev_Dawg5150

That seems ok. But, yet again, the requirement for specific items gets me. In fact, I don't believe I have a single piece of gear you listed (at least not one already being used on a character). And considering that most PvM'ers will save/exit before open wounds can do anything to them, it's a negligable mod.

Ok, so I think Kicksins are out of the question; chargers, nope, too high quality weapons involved, and I lack the resources to make them; I already listed the sacadin, zealadin is a similar story.

I guess I'm stuck perpetually mf'ing. ><

14. NightShade

Really quick PK paladin that is easy as all hell :

Max might. 1pt charge

Eth or non eth Malice 2h wepon.
    Hawkmail
    2 socket full helm, rubies
    Treads of cthon
    Cathans rings+ammu (20 str, cheap)
    Bloodfists
    Belt....what ever ya like. Maybe a rare.

You look like a friggin newb, which is exactly what you want.

15. Sip

Sip Banned

You can make a kicker under level 25...but i would not reccomend it. Your damage would be very low. The kicksin relies on a few things...and using War boots is one of them. The difference between level 18 and 25 is this:

War boots max kick damage is 80
    Greaves max kick damage is 20

You wont do to well having 1/4 the damage...which isnt that high to begin with.

Now...Alot of duelers and pkers that you will bump into will be level 18+ (usually level 24 ethereal snap chargers). You want to be able to crush them. A level 15 paladin wont make a dent in their life bar before it drops dead in 1 hit.