Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SABMiller Supports Illegal Immigrant March

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Talga Vasternich, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

SABMiller Supports Illegal Immigrant March

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/18000.html

It is an admittedly biased article, but it shows Miller's support of an illegal immigrant march in Chicago and goes on to detail the costs of illegal immigrants to the US economy.
    How many other major companies are pandering to consumers who are engaged in criminal activity?

2. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Heh they should line up an army of border patrol trucks then bring in choppers and everything.

They do the whole thing where they chasse down the guy without a shirt through the bushes before throwing him in the truck. That never gets old.

3. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

You watch way too much 'Cops'.

4. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Officer: I found this pack of cocaine.
    Black Guy: Hey that aint mine yo.
    Officer: I found it in your pocket
    Black Guy: It aint mine yo
    Officer: But I also found a label on the coke naming you as the owner
    Black Guy:It aint mine yo
    Officer:But it has a picture on it. A picture showing you making the coke in a drug lab
    Black Guy: That aint me yo
    Officer:It has your name and social security number on the backside
    Black Guy: that aint my picture yo.

Rince and repeat for 25 min.

Do love "cops".

5. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

You forgot when they tell them to stop resisting arrest and then beat them in the face with a nightstick.

Or the cameraman keeping up with the crook easier than the cop does.

6. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

While Miller is a US beer the company itself was sold to a foreign brewery several years ago. Therefor it's understandable that their views on the subject differs from ours.

Gotta love that, cop runs half a block chasing down a suspect then practically needs paramedics after the chase.

7. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

I know who owns Miller (I live in the state where Miller has their corporate headquarters), but thanks for pointing that out for those who may not have known.
    I just find it fascinating that they gave corporate money to support a march for people who are performing an illegal activity and not many people seem to care.

8. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

They are not supporting an illegal activity.

They are in support of a plan to change US Immigration policies, nothing illegal about it that I can see.

9. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Bull**** Road Ratt. They're supporting illegal immigration. ILLEGAL. A public school education is no excuse for not getting it.

10. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Smeg,

I see no reason to turn this discussion into a personal assault.

Keep it civil.

11. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Their PRESENCE IN THIS COUNTRY is illegal. What's so hard to understand about that?

12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I dunno, maybe Miller doesn't like having to compete with rivals who are willing to use illegal labour to undercut them...

Well that's ridiculous, how can you condemn someone for wanting to change a law that makes something illegal on the grounds that they're supporting something illegal? That's circular logic.

Is Miller supporting their illegal activity? Giving them a ride over the border? Paying border patrols to look the other way? No, they're donating money to a campaign to legalise it. Whether or not you agree with them you can't object to that.

For the record, I'm vehemently opposed to any move to legalise illegal immigration in any country (well, maybe I shouldn't say that because I don't know every country's situation that well). I'm in favour of tighter border security and faster processing of people claiming refugee status - they should be either in or out fast.

13. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Um, all of them?

It's cute to see the board's conservatives get all shocked when a corporation pushes for policies that are good for corporations. Cute!

14. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

Would love to agree with you, but I can't. The march is not for their prolonged presence under the current legislation; it's for changing the legislation. The march is not supporting the illegal action, it's trying to make it legal.

It's the same as in "legalise marijuana" -rally. Yeah, they're probably all potheads, some of them might even carry a few ounces with them, but that still doesn't make the rally in itself illegal. That's all what Road Ratt said. To claim that the illegal immigrants are not illegal would be foolish of him, and he fails to do so. You want fries with that?

15. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

I still don't get what is so hard to understand. The illegal immigrants participating in the march are just that..they are in this country illegally whether one likes it or not, they are here illegally. It doesn't matter if they are trying to change legislation, up until it happens they aren't suppose to be here. If someone was holding a "legalize marijuana" demonstration, do you think they would get away with lighting up their joint at the same time? No, that would be illegal. Illegal immigrant marches are predominantly made up of illegal aliens. Perhaps Miller should be fined for every person in the march who doesn't have their papers. That would probably be quite eye-opening. Here in Phoenix when they held the march it was predicted that there were over 20,000 illegal immigrants participating. To not think that is the case would be naive.

16. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

If this march is predominantly made up of illegal aliens, then there are some who are not. All that Miller has to do is to donate it to a representative who is an American citizen and they're free an clear. And all is lawful.

Since there are at least 25 million Americans of Latino ancestry, you figure that at least one is willing to step up and accept that Miller donation on the behalf of the protest organization.

Therefore, there is nothing illegal about this protest nor Miller's conduct.

17. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

I'm indifferent in regards to the Miller thing. What I lash out against is the refusal of the leftists on this forum to admit that the illegal aliens in this debate are ILLEGAL...here in violation of the laws of the United States.

18. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

The march is in protest of the laws that make them illegal, and is an effort to get them legalized. Until that law is changed, these people are criminally in this country, and should not be here.

I've said before that I have no beef with legal aliens, people who apply for residency or citizenship in the US, through the proper, legal channels. However, I hold criminals (and supporters of criminals) in contempt. Their actions jeopardize the foundation of the rule of law in this country as much as most of you think GW Bush does.

19. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I am probably to the left of you. I freely admit that illegal aliens are illegal, and in violation of the laws of the United States. That should make you a bit happier, right?

I also think that deporting them all would trash the US economy. Maybe that means I'm "in denial" about some fundamental truth known only to the righties, though. :confused2:

LOLLERCOPTER

20. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned