Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RWM and RRM problems

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MedctnStn, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

RWM and RRM problems

I've been trying to install RWM and RRM on my comp and have encountered a few problems:

1. do you need an internet connection to install RRM? the reason i ask is because after unzipping the file, no program i have on my computer can open it up. i don't use a comp with internet connection if that matters.

2. after unzipping the RWM file, there are three other files that open up, one is a picture of something written in german i think, another is the directions for installing, and the other is a list of the runewords. anyways, after looking at the installation directions, i found it easyto follow them right up until you have to create the new icon with the whole .exe-whatever this is. i tried making the new icon, but when starting the game with the new icon, i tried making a RW not found on SP, and it didn't work. i still cannot figure out what i did wrong.

if anyone can help, i would be in your debt forever. thanks

MectnStn

2. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

It's part of forum policy I believe that the SPF isn't a RWM/RRM support forum per se ... you should probably ask people to PM you instead.

Having said all this, i'll answer your questions and then Hrus and Cattleya can lock this one up. :cool:

1 - no internet connection needed.

2 - the thing is that you really, really have to pay attention to the instructions. It took me a couple of minutes to think about what files are going where to get the RWM/RRM going.

To quote RTB's instructions:

1. If you extracted the .zip file correctly, you'll now have a new folder in your d2 folder called FE mod redrunemod. If not, extract again including subdirectories.
    2. Create a new shortcut to game.exe or Diablo II.exe
    3. Add -direct -txt, and refer to the FE mod redrunemod folder in "start in...", as seen on shortcut.gif.
    4. Click on the new shortcut to play.

Make sure you extract the .zip correctly.
    Make sure you have the "-direct -txt" in that update icon and make sure you you refer those instructions to the FE mod rerunemod folder ...
    Make sure that if you want the RWM to be enabled you have the runewords folder in the right d2 folder.

Check the stickies for more instruction as you have to make sure the global folder for the RWM is in the right place for your d2 game to recognize the updated runewords. Remember that there are 3-4 .zip packages ... each with different attributes ... so you have to pay attention to which one you downloaded, if it's the RRM one you unzipped but without the RWM then you'll have to add the global folder (iirc) from the RWM .zip package to the RRM in your d2 folder one to get it to work.

Hope that helps.

3. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

sorry, my bad. i'll try not to make that mistake again. i thought it was ok to talk about it here, that's why i didn't ask it anywhere else.

4. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Try the Phrozen Keep for mod support, they can help you there. Just make sure you have followed all the instructions step by step, they are pretty self-explanatory from what I can remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.