Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RWM and other Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sokar Rostau, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau Diabloii.Net Member

RWM and other Questions

Until last week I had been playing D2 on a Mac and was limited to B.net because the lack of a Mac compatible ATMA. Now that I also have a PC I am playing SP and have got myself ATMA, I have been making a new stable of SP characters to play with. I have yet to, indeed may never bother to, move my Mac characters to the PC, so I am starting from scratch.

The one thing in the last few years I have always wanted was to have the ability to build my B.net characters on SP so that they never expire. I couldn't do that without ATMA, I couldn't even make the required runewords, like Passion, on SP because trying to cube up every rune to Lem and Dol means there's no room in stash for anything else. Anyway, I have two B.net builds in particular I want to make on SP but I am unsure if I can or not. I need to be able to make Fortitude for my Palazon and Insight for my Enchantress. I just d/l'd the RWM and aside from not understanding the Windoze lingo in the instructions for installing it, I'm not even sure that it has the runewords I need... so does it have all the runewords available on B.net, and do they all work the same? And can someone explain the install process to someone that has been using a Mac for 20 years and doesn't have a clue about PCs? Also, will the RWM have any effect on my B.net playing?

Hmmm... I had other questions but seem to have forgotten them. Time to brew up a big pot of hot stamina potions, methinks...

2. Mursilis

Mursilis Diabloii.Net Member

I can answer the general questions for you, I hope.

RWM (RuneWord Mod) does have all of the runewords from Battle.net, such as Spirit, Insight, Infinity, Bone and the like. They all act the same as on Battle.net.

I don't believe it will affect your ability to use Battle.net at all. However if you are worried you could always create a second shortcut, the original one and one that uses the RWM. That way you could use the original shortcut when on Battle.net and not worry about if RWM affects Battle.net or not (although I believe it does not).

For the installation, I'd have to go on memory and that's not the best thing. I'd have to look at my installation at home to help you so hopefully someone else can offer help there sooner.

3. Milb

Milb Diabloii.Net Member

If you want to use RWM/RRM on SP and still play Battle.net I would recommend using 2 shortcuts to make sure you are on a 'clean' version for going online.

I found the the RRM works online, but I guess if you play with it on you could get banned for cheating.

The instructions are pretty clear with the download, we can't help you with the installation though, you'll have to go over to the Phrozen Keep for that sorry.

4. Mursilis

Mursilis Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, didn't even occur to me that Battle.net would think this was a hack. Guess you would want seperate shortcuts then.

5. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

Having just installed the RWM/RRM I kinda remember how to do it. You need to unzip the files into your Diablo2 folder. The instructions were pretty adequate, but it was a little tricky since the example was in German.

Then right click on the Game.exe file and create new shortcut (place it anywhere you want).

On the new shortcut, right click on that and open up the Properties tab (I think its properties, but it should look like the picture that comes with it). Then type in what they tell you to, don't remember the words but in the top box it was two words with a hyphen -XXXX -XXXX . Make sure you have a space in front of each hypehn or it won't work.

Finally add in the \Runewords to the file extension inside the quotation marks and everything should be hunkydory.

I'd recommend installing the RRM with the RWM so that you know its working when you see red runes. The instructions on this were backwards. You have to move the Local folder from the RRM master folder into the Data folder of the RWM master folder for this to work.

6. Cattleya

Cattleya Diabloii.Net Member

As Milb already stated, technical support of mods is not allowed on the forum. (The Phrozen Keep is the place for that -- there should be a link to it in the Mod FAQ. If you just go to the basic info on mods at the Phrozen Keep, you should be able to get an idea of how the directory structure should look and how to use the shortcuts. That should help if you need a little more than the instructions that come with the mods.)

Since it looks like the other questions have already been answered as well, I'm going to lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.