rust storms?

zuriel

Diabloii.Net Member
rust storms?

From what I gather, rust storms are period events which poof duped items. It seems to me that this punishes those who trade with dupers, rather than the dupers themselves. I recently traded someone a rather low amount of pgems for tal rasha crest, and am now suspicious of whether it is duped or not. Is there any way to distinguish a duped item, or to perm it after a trade?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
I highly doubt anyone would dupe a Tal's mask. Dupers go after the high valued and in-demand items. Even if someone for some weird reason did decide to dupe a Tal's mask and you got a duped one and it poofed on you, pay Mephisto a visit. I'm sure he'll be happy to hand you a couple legit Tal's masks.

rata

Diabloii.Net Member
if u paid a few gems for tal's mask ..it's about market rate. i usually wind up with one or two of them a week and dump them in pub games...

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
If they Blizzard does go on a poofing frenzy, does it affect only those accounts playing at the time or all the non-logged on accounts as well? I made a trade for some high runes recently and I have about 6 of them left (all of which are duped, I'm sure). I've got a big work project looming over my head so I'm going on a forced break for a couple of months. In the interim are the runes safe on my mule just sitting there or should I swap them into something tradeable but not as frequently duped?

Nilaripper

Diabloii.Net Member
fahartle said:
If they Blizzard does go on a poofing frenzy, does it affect only those accounts playing at the time or all the non-logged on accounts as well? I made a trade for some high runes recently and I have about 6 of them left (all of which are duped, I'm sure). I've got a big work project looming over my head so I'm going on a forced break for a couple of months. In the interim are the runes safe on my mule just sitting there or should I swap them into something tradeable but not as frequently duped?
The only FULL ruststorm ever made was the one between transition from1.09 to 1.10.This rusty affected ALL items on all chars in all realms.If this ever happens again, i doubt it, but the whining threads will be exploding, like they did on JD1 and JD2.No one was prepared for the JD's so no one will be prepared if a Ruststorm is made.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Nilaripper said:
The only FULL ruststorm ever made was the one between transition from1.09 to 1.10.This rusty affected ALL items on all chars in all realms.If this ever happens again, i doubt it, but the whining threads will be exploding, like they did on JD1 and JD2.No one was prepared for the JD's so no one will be prepared if a Ruststorm is made.
What's JD?

There are 2 types of Ruststorm: Passive and Active.

Passive Ruststorm is the one that's run often and poofs duped high runes (maybe other stuff too).

Active ruststorm is the one that's run rarely (maybe only once as said above), but poofs:

Duped runes
Runewords made with duped runes
Items socketed with duped runes
Runes cubed from duped runes
Runewords made with runes cubed from duped runes
Items socketed with runes cubed from duped runes

I won't even discuss the known duped items from v1.08, and other hacked items. I don't know and don't care.:tongue:

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Any chance your tal belt was lost in a roll-back ?
massive lag-spike and disconnected after you aquired the belt.

Either way, that specific belt is not comming back.
Just MF some more, you'll find a new one or something worth one so you can trade for it.