Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RuST (and other trusted member) Forge Jumps

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Ax2Grind, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

RuST (and other trusted member) Forge Jumps

Since this is mainly directed at RuST members I've placed this thread in the same category as the other RuST threads. If this is best moved let me know.

For clarification, forge jumps are not rushes, though they resemble rushes in certain ways and can be blended with them, however, the purpose is to allow players the ability to keep their runes while giving the possibility of repaying the jump with jumps of their own. In short, and if one associates this with rushing, it's a more honorable kind of rushing players to forge quests.

The guide I was going to write made use of an entire account at the beginning of a ladder season, for instance. Each account would have one true build and seven mule builds. When playing the real build with seven other people and reaching the end of an act (take act one) seven mules would enter and share the real build's quest completion in order to move to the next act (in this case, two). Then each of the other players would take turns doing the exact same thing until all had an entire account in act two - only one character, of which, was capable of surviving on their own. This would be duplicated for act two-to-three, three-to-four, four-to-five and then sharing the Baal quest to move to nightmare. The last quest is the most difficult to actually find, since a significantly high character (a M/Patriarch) could carry seven mules on their own. That, however, is technically a rush, but only if one of them accompanies the rusher to the Arreat Summit to gain the Ancient's quest and follows the rusher into the Throne/Chamber. Instead, forge jumps are meant to be done by the real build of the account, capable of sharing their own quest with seven other mules.

This is essentially the point of Forge Jumping. If you do this all the way up to Hell Act 4 then you will have shared your quests with seven other people, and they - in turn - with you. This doesn't require much trust since it's an act-by-act sort of thing, and you're still playing the game, even achieving more experience and getting more of a challenge while doing it. You're also not giving up your forges to get someone into hell or just getting them there exclusively for the forge. At the beginning of a ladder season those high runes will be just that much more valuable, and you'll have all seven character capable of entering your real build's hell game to pick up items without having to make transfer games. Another advantage is each of those other characters can (and should) be made into real characters, each with a specific purpose: cowing, magic-finding, countess runs, baal/experience runs, etc. Whatever runes are dropped by the forge don't absolutely have to be for that main build. As long as they can be used for any of the builds you make then it was worth getting them sooner rather than later.

The big problem with all of this was getting people online to coordinate with. Fewer people now play this game (the patch and all of its problems added with the fact of Blizzard not enforcing the anti-cheating rules on Battle.net) and those that do don't play it at consistant times. The USWest JoTH, made up of RuST members, got through to mid-Hell with only a few hiccups before falling apart, so it appears a more steady and gradual approach is necessary to warm players to this technique. To that end I have recently reached A5Q6N (act five, quest six in normal) with another player and we wish to share our quests with other RuST members - and other trusted forum members if enough of them don't fill the gap.

All those interested in taking part in this, hopefully to join up for sharing their own quests in the same way, can reply and give advice, times for quest sharing and such.

2. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Congrats on refining exploitation of D2's loopholes into a fine art.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Loopholes?

If seven newly-created characters join a game and party with someone capable of defeating Andariel and has yet to actually gain the quest it's neither a loophole nor abuse of the coding bugs. In fact, it's specifically meant to allow those who haven't credited the quest to be rewarded with access to Act Two. There are no other prerequisites to finishing the quest and no one's being rushed by someone who's done it already (a M/Patriarch).

But thank you in making the first, and so far only, reply total sarcasm. I offered a more legitimate way in getting to the top of the ladder board (practice for season three, should it happen) as well as getting the runes everyone else seems to already have (can't even get people to release their clenched fist around those PULs) and this is my reward. Looks like I'll never own one of those godly items no matter how hard and honestly I'll work.

4. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

as much as i enjoy emeralds posts, i see nothing wrong with this.
    i have two cd keys that i use primarily for muling AND forge rushing.
    in fact, if you were on west hc ladder (which im sure your not), then i would be interested in a partnership. that has always been the hardest part of the idea, getting a decent group together to swap rushes/quest rewards/ etc. i have had the best luck surprisingly with a friend of mine who has a second key like myself. that or just doing it by myself, but that takes a lil more time because i have to find a baal quest game in norm and nm (which can take some time if ur unlucky).

CampKillYourself

5. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

There you go. This is why lvl 3's show up in hell duel games. It's a loophole. It's not supposed to exist. Yet people exploit it anyways.

Unless your saying that these "Rushers" share the baal quest only when all 7 of their mules are lvl 20 or above, then this is exploiting a flaw in the game mechanics.

6. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

a loop hole in game mechanics.......absolutely yes.

a LEGIT way to get legit players a little wealth......definately yes!

as stated above, i rush myself with two cd keys everynow and then (when time permits) and i see no difference in this then running meph and pindle 300 times in a row. iether way you have to have a strong player and the time to work your way thru the acts. i dont use and never will use mh,pickit,chicken,bots, etc.
    this is one of the very few ways me (being a legitimate) can compete with the abundance of hackers out there.
    i think im done with this conversation because we have a different view on it all together. technically everytime you dont smash kalims brain in the trav you are exploiting a game mechanic. do i care, hell no. do i care about mh,chicken,tppk,duping,botting........hell yes. your argument is like yelling at a 2yr old child for screaming too loud, when its 5 yr old sibling is throwing rocks at cars unattended. dont yell at the legit players for finding very few legit ways to accumulate wealth! go get the hackers....there the real game exploiters!!! my 15 cents, peace!!

CampKillYourself