Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rushing?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by hostileeffect, Jul 2, 2008.

1. hostileeffect

hostileeffect IncGamers Member

Rushing?

Are we going to have power leveling or rushing like in Diablo 2?
    Patch 1.09, my orb/hydra sorcy could rush 7 people through hell difficulty, wondering if this is going to be possible at some point.

2. UnderAge

UnderAge IncGamers Member

Re: Rushing?

No way too tell this early.

3. ask_dk

ask_dk IncGamers Member

How can you even think of asking this question? This saturday they announced that diablo 3 is coming, yes and you allready wonder if power rushing is a possiblity. I hope they wont make this kinda rushing possible!!

4. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

Because it's important to know well beforehand, can we effectively skip as much of the game as fast as we can... :unimpressed:

5. hostileeffect

hostileeffect IncGamers Member

If you leveled your own sorc, you had to waste skill points to get strong enough to make it to 99, while a rushed player has the advantage of not having to waste points, since there was no respecing in D2...

6. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

first of all, rushing sucks. it completly ruins the game. secondly, no matter what game companies try to do players will always find ways to level faster so eventually some form of rushing will happen

7. saint_of_killers

saint_of_killers Diablo: IncGamers Member

great question. perhaps you should direct it to blizzard since they're the only ones who have played the game?

8. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Well I guess Blizzard would've learnt a lesson from D2 on how to prevent rushing, which is done mostly for the sake of PvP.

There are certainly MANY ways to prevent rushing, like placing level cap(like D1) for each difficulty, so even if you did kill the Boss(if D3 still works this way) you still have to stay and level till you reach the requirement.

Leeching can be prevented by adding a level requirement cap.
    Say a lvl 100 monster requires at least 100-20= level 80 to leech the xp.

9. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

I hope there's no rushing + super leveling...hopefully some WoW-like system with quest-exp and such will be implemented to encourage questing, etc.

10. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

like i said, you can do alot to prevent power leveling but eventually people always find a way to get where they wanna get faster

11. havedeath

havedeath IncGamers Member

I hope not. Rushing is the worst part about Diablo II.

12. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

They will most likely not let us rush the same way we do in D2, but we will find a way. We always find a way to do anything.

13. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

with the level cap and level requirement implemented, its pretty much impossible.

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I hope there's no rushing in D3. Rushed players (myself included) do miss out on a lot of things in D2.

15. Jaklax

Jaklax IncGamers Member

i'm really hoping they don't have any spells like that, and force ppl to play with strategy..or force them to play in general, b/c diablo 2 right now is a joke! u can go from 1-99 naked

16. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

How is this the worst part? YOU have the option to play the game how YOU want. Nobody makes you rush.

When the game is new and fresh it will be enjoyable to play it through. But the fact remains that after some time it will get boring to some degree. The fact remains that without rushing in D2 and fast leveling in Chaos or Ubers, a LOT of players would no longer be around...myself included. The joy of spending weeks to get a character up is no longer there. Keep in mind I have been playing the Diablo series since the begining back in the 90s. I purchased D2 on the day it came out some 8 years ago.

It was fine when I returned to the game 2 years ago to take it somewhat slow. But after a few years people will simply not have the interest and patience. The end result is that the game will die out. What keeps D2 popular to this day is that people like me can continue to play the way we want. And spending weeks re-doing a char is not enjoyable at all. After the last ladder reset I decided to re-make my 2x barbs and Necro that I was unhappy with. The fact that I was able to rush them through and get them back to a decent level made it painless. If I had to go through the entire game, I game I have now played for 8 years, I simply would have quit.

Again, I can NOT stress enough. NOBODY makes YOU rush, or join Cow games, or Chaos, or Ubers. It is YOUR choice. So please do not impose your beliefs on how the game is played on others. It is apparent to almost anyone that at this time the preferred method of playing D2 is to rush. Now this may certainly not be the case with D3 at the beginning. But after 3-4 years, people will get bored and quit.

So think of it this way, more players online, the more incentive Blizzard has to continue supporting the game. So what if someone of use decide to rush a character after a couple of years, how does this affect ANY of you in ANY way? It does NOT!

17. Jaklax

Jaklax IncGamers Member

I highly doubt blizzard supports players getting rushed through the game skipping content. Not to mention it makes the game quite old really fast! When ppl play a game and their is no challenge or real point in playin..they get bored and stop playing, but thats not to say they won't eventually return when they forget how boring/pointless it actually is..
    Diablo 2, when u get rushed naked to level 99/have ur gear.. u walk around for 10 mins goin i look cool. After that is usually a week of log-ins staring at how cool ur gear is, and eventually u quit. (not to mention it puts a bash on the games economy)
    Look at WoW..u think they would have as many ppl playing it if u could just rush to the end of all the content? no! u must earn it with every character which makes everything in the game that much more vaulable!
    Want the game to keep it's value then no rush!

Rushing through a game is never good.. players need discipline!

ramble ramble

it's like watching ur favorite movies that u have already seen a million times.. no matter how many times u have seen it, u don't just cut to the end.

18. lordice

lordice IncGamers Member

well, i have to say this... rushing is a must.
    you cant reset ur stats or skills, you have to remake ur char if u want other setup. not like in wow, where stats dont exist and for other talent setup you just reset them.
    i remade a char just because i put 5 points to much in strenght by a mistake or once i killed baal on hell at lvl 95 (yeah i like my chars as champions).
    and this... 1-70 in wow takes u less time than 1-99 in d2.

19. Jaklax

Jaklax IncGamers Member

/facepalm
    Sigh*

20. Ubiquitous Chaos

Ubiquitous Chaos IncGamers Member

I'm personally of a mind that rushing is perfectly fine. Many people found the PvM in D2 to be lackluster especially after the first time through, but loved the end game PvP. Rushing allowed them to forego the tedium of playing through something they strongly disliked and gave them the opportunity to start what was, for them, the fun part of the game. It was also convnient for those with a high level character or 2 not to have to push through the same tedious content just to reroll their character. It also didn't effect the playstyle of those who genuinely enjoyed the PvM of D2. The same will be true for D3 if rushing is possible. There's no sense limiting the gameplay of others because you feel the game should be played a certain way.

Edit: It's worth mentioning WoW here. One of the things that burned me out from playing alts was the process of leveling them through the ad tedium content (after several times through that is).