Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rushing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Stevebo, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Rushing

The other night i was leveling a new character in Normal Tristruns when i was struck by an urge to be generous and to rush some of the people i was playing with using one of my other chars.

I came back with my lvl 67 summon necro (they were level 7 and 12) and started rushing them - did Andy, Act 2 Sewers, Cube, Staff and Amulut killing everything along the way, but the people i was rushing were not gaining Exp and got a total of 1 level each the whole time.

Is this usual, was it because my minions were killing the monsters so they did not share exp or was it because i was much higher level than them?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Their level was too low compared to the monsters --- insane exp penalties for them.

If you want to level them, take them to hell and let them follow you around, although generally it's better to level normally until 20 and then do the cowrun and baalrun thingies.

3. Shadow Paladin

Shadow Paladin IncGamers Member

I don't get it... Why don't low-levels get ANY level in normal, NM and hell, when they get rushed, but when doing hell Chaos Sanct. runs, they get INSANE amount of exp?

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

The same penalties apply (they get 5% of the EXP is the monsters are more than 10 levels ahead or behind them) but hell CS gives out buckets of EXP to begin with so even after the penalties, they'll level quicker than if they were killing monsters of there own level.

5. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Because they get a penalty of exp, they only receive 5% of the actual exp (or less) But from hell act4, the exp to be earned is so high, it doesn't matter if they only get 5%, it still is a lot for their level. Act4 Hell is the place you can get the highest exp on later levels as well. Only after level95 baalruns become slightly more efficient :thumbsup:

EDIT: damn, too late :uhhuh: