Rushing past Bhaal....is there any way this can be done if

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Rushing past Bhaal....is there any way this can be done

Ok, so instead of that annoying 20 and 40 level limit for the ancients, is there anyway to bypass this and get credit for the bhaal quest at a lower level and go on into the next difficoulty level.

ch33s3 m4st3r

Diabloii.Net Member
like i said in your other thread, you might be able to skip act 5 by rushing in d2classic and converting to expansion, but i dont know if it works, and i dont really feel like testing it :/

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
It wouldn't work for ladder.

There's a way to rush all the other acts....there must be a way to bypass the level 20, level 40 requirement.

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
join game where somebody else IS DOING HIS BAALQUEST, so not just any kill, but a quest-kill.

If you're in party with him, standing in harrogath, you will get the quest too.

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
i did it twice in 1.10 for testing, and it worked fine

as you did it with your own char: did the other char get the quest?

if one char did get the quest, and the other didn't they might have changed it in the recent serverpatch thingy

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
Does the one that does the quest have to have the quest open?
yes of course. this is the main part of it. Doing a quest means,... well, doing a quest.
As in: Before kill your questbook says: kill baal, and after that, you get your new title

So the one killing Baal must be "doing his quest"

The best way, is to look out for games called "baal for quest now" or the like.

Also I don't want to be rude but, let me quote myself:

Jeda said:
join game where somebody else IS DOING HIS BAALQUEST, so not just any kill, but a quest-kill.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
What about just having 1 mule in the throneroom, kill bhaal with highlevel characters, would the mules in town get the quest like the first mule?

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
What about just having 1 mule in the throneroom, kill bhaal with highlevel characters, would the mules in town get the quest like the first mule?
would work perfectly

in theory you could level one mule to lvl 40, and have 6 others leech while an 8th character does the baalkill...

i for my part don't have 8 comps...

edit: of course that mule in throneroom must have his quest open too...

uberjolt

Diabloii.Net Member
you make one char lv20, and have him open a game for the baal quest, then leave the game with him and have a high lvl character and 7 mules join. the high lvl character kills, the 7 mules get the quest? or am i missing something. you could do this over and over with just one character who has beaten ancients

Jeda

Diabloii.Net Member
uberjolt said:
you make one char lv20, and have him open a game for the baal quest, then leave the game with him and have a high lvl character and 7 mules join. the high lvl character kills, the 7 mules get the quest? or am i missing something. you could do this over and over with just one character who has beaten ancients
i was in a game called "kill baal here", the quest was still not done, but in the end all decided to leave. The opener was too weak to kill baal alone so left too. Just that moment one of my friends joined bnet and i asked him to kill baal.

he did, i didn't get the quest, so i'd say your idea won't work

KranK

Diabloii.Net Member
uberjolt said:
Yes, you're missing something. Read the post again. And then maybe five more times. That will substitute for posting what must be done five more times. It has already been stated and then repeated what must be done to get the quest.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Jeda said:
would work perfectly

in theory you could level one mule to lvl 40, and have 6 others leech while an 8th character does the baalkill...

i for my part don't have 8 comps...

edit: of course that mule in throneroom must have his quest open too...
I have 8 computers (and more) but I do not have more than 5 CD keys.