Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rushing in Diablo III?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by mwanafalsafa, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mwanafalsafa

mwanafalsafa Diabloii.Net Member

Rushing in Diablo III?

Does anyone know if the developers have talked about what they think of rushing in D2, whether they like it or not, and whether they plan to implement game mechanics to prevent it in D3?

2. Wolfpaq777

Wolfpaq777 Well-Known Member

Re: Rushing in Diablo III?

I haven't read anything too indicative either way. However, there are a couple things to consider:

1) Scrolls of town portal are gone. However, Devs have mentioned a means of teleporting to your buddy in the field so this is most likely for combat/gameplay reasons rather than rushing reasons.

2) Teleport requires Line of Sight and has a cooldown, so the spamporting of D2 will be replaced by "runner" builds most likely (i.e. max teleport & use CD reducing skill rune, faster run/walk trait, etc)

3. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

They made attempts in D2's patches to hamper rushing but to little effect. There is a huge incentive to rush in D3 - the number of builds to try out. People are likely to construct guides on how to complete the game asap. I bet the core component of a good rush in D3 will come down to skill runes. There doesn't seem to be that much else in the game compared to D2.

4. Adree

Adree Diabloii.Net Member

Even if rushing is possible and effective, why does it need to be hampered anyway? We have no idea how the economy will play out at this stage, other than there are lots of gold sinks and less gold in general as compared to D2.

5. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Diabloii.Net Member

Just so we're all on the same page: by rushing, OP refers to exploits that allow players to level up their characters or reach end game much faster than intended, right?

I doubt the devs care much about players skipping side quests and such just to reach Hell as fast as possible, but I don't doubt for a second they'll do their best to prevent exploits that allow players to bypass content completely (like they do in D2).

6. permaximum

permaximum Banned

At first i have to say i hate rushing.

We don't know act structures yet but quest completion requirements and proper level requirements for each act would stop rushing.

BTW did the demo player informed Jay Wilson about players x command also has an effect on rushing? I hope so because i doubt Jay would reach to that by simple logic...

7. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Even with level reqs, "G-rushing" was able to by-pas that, so perhaps a presence test as well. Only in the area it happens could you get the q.

One problem might come up where one dies and misses the Q. If corpses could get them, it allows it, but the teleport-to-group thing would guarantee to kill a low-level being rushed, so a quest exploit already.

Personally, I'd say "oh well" if they died. Heck, I'd likely be caught myself and die. XD

Anyway, g rushing needs to be solved as well as plain. Death and level reqs can easily stop that.

EXP penalty for a high level in party and / or proximity would cut level rushing, and a quest block (similar to EXP block) would stop regular rushing.

8. Your Average WoW Player

Your Average WoW Player Diabloii.Net Member

What exactly do you mean by g-rushing?

Also, and by rushing I'm guessing you mean the level 99 badasses who take a level 1 character straight to Baal to get them to the higher difficulties?

9. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

seeing a level 3 player in hell was horrible, in D3 this should be prevented by any means necessary. skipping content? no issue at all. standing in a corner while a max character kills a boss for you? that needs to be stopped. its bad for the game

10. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

G rushing was where a level 1 stays in town, but is partied with those who need the quest as well. That person is there and at the proper levels to get the quest (enough to get into Baal's chamber mostly).

That level 1 gets full quest completion, despite sitting idle in town. When Baal dies, that person becomes a Slayer / Champion / Mat or Pat.

They can then go to Hell Chaos and follow along gaining 3-5 levels a mob.

11. Autti

Autti Diabloii.Net Member

G-rush aka glitch rush is a technique used where you can get a level 1 player to hell.
    D2 does have an anti-rush mechanic which is the Ancients quest which requires the player to be level 20,40 and 60 respectively for N/NM/H, but if you are in a party with a player who completes quests you can stay in town while he does it, then he is in the throne room when baal dies and you complete both quests and thus the difficulty where you should be unable to.

After that most people would do an UL where you get level 1-89 in an hour.

12. Your Average WoW Player

What does UL mean? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with all the jargon... I never really did a lot of multiplayer on D2.

13. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Uber Level.

You stand at a rock in Tristram while 2 hdins kill skeletons that Meph summons in the top most corner. Even at that distance, EXP is insane. Bots can keep it up indefinitely.

14. Your Average WoW Player

Wow... Where's the fun in playing the game when one can do crap like that?

Maybe I should be glad I barely did any multiplayer in D2, and I've found this site for D3... Good grief...

15. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

most people who play D2 seem to hate it, its amazing to me.

16. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, when you kill diablo for a million or so times, people want to get to pvp sooner.

17. Andy2702

Andy2702 Diabloii.Net Member

I liked it... :whistling:

18. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Diablo fans have a love-hate relationship. It's a broken game, it has balance problems and is straight unfair at times. It's also insanely addictive.

The community is full of a-holes who I would trust as far as I could throw a house. We still party up and leech off each other. XD

19. Ishtor

Ishtor Diabloii.Net Member

I was guilty of this myself, to the point it became part of the game for me. I am sure if blizzard hates pots and the easy use, that they will hate rushing too. I am sure by any means they can, the will do what they need to. Rushing does take out an fun element of the game and should not even put into D3.

20. Dahmer

Dahmer Diabloii.Net Member

For me it was all the gear in my inventory making me itch all over and rushing myself to 80+ to use it all :D
    I never leveled by leeching though, that should be stopped.

As for fixing it...they should just put level requirements on certain areas :)