Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rushing for Hellforge?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Carne_DelMuerto, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Carne_DelMuerto

Carne_DelMuerto IncGamers Member

Rushing for Hellforge?

When people offer to rush you for Hellforge, I assume that means they want all the drops from the Hellforge upon completion of that quest. Would I be giving up the opportunity for a very good drop? Is it possible to go back later after rushing and get the same opportunity while solo? Or is it a one time quest drop that I would lose?

Many thanks for any info.

2. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

U can stand to lose very nice runes - which is really the only thing hellforge rushers are interested in. Consider this: U can get up to Um in a NM drop, and up to Gul in Hell drop. If the right rune drops it can gaurantee U some decent equipment for yer char if traded right.....

Unless yer desperate for a rush, I'd try making public games entitled w/ the quests U need to complete. Chances are decent others will join to help, and sometimes that help is incredibly quick.

U can check the trade channels here - rushes are offered for various prices, not all of them being hellforge drop. Some even offer free rushes :thumbsup:

And to answer yer question : No. Once a rune drops, the quest is complete and cannot be done again solo. Its a one-shot deal.

Good luck!

3. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

can't believe i got a SOL in hell even worst then my other one with was a PUL.

4. kimahri112

kimahri112 IncGamers Member

i helped my friend do hellforge in hell and he got an ist...i did then and got a fal......damn game

5. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Last character I did both nm and hell forge with...
    I got a Lem rune from both forges.
    :cheesy:
    This game will make you insane.

On another note.
    Most people just scam when being rushed or rushing for the forge drop. Your rusher will more more then likely take your rune and leave.
    Nice, eh?

6. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

And on the other hand if you are doing the rushing the rushee is in perfect postiton to pick up the rune and leave the game. There are a number of people with solid reputations who rush for your forge drop. They work hard to help people out and get scammed quite a bit. The trend is soon turning to pay upfront for a rush, as it should be.

GB

7. Aegon

Aegon IncGamers Member

Oh, yeah? I got an "EL" rune.

I swear, I almost wept.

8. Carne_DelMuerto

Carne_DelMuerto IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. Are there any other one time quest drops that would be best to do solo? I'm playing an untwinked Sorc and Druid (US West Ladder) and I want to get the best items I can for them.

Good hunting.

9. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Unless yer rushing a char and don't care, I'd never do boss kills for quest. The initial drop from a quest-kill boss has a better % chance to drop good items than any kills thereafter (they nerfed all kills beyond quest kill). Besides, its hard to grab any of the boss drops in a pubbie game unless U are the master clicker...

10. gamera23

gamera23 IncGamers Member

Definitely do all the first time boss kills solo if possible. Its my understanding that the drops are almost as good in a 1 player game and the first kill always gives the best drops, often a lot better. Or do them with someone you trust, if applicable.

As far as getting rushed for your forge, a lot of times people will rush you free anyway, so I don't think its worth it. In a public games its next to impossible to get any Act 3 quests for example. As soon as the game starts someone will tp travincal and then durance. I got rushed nm for nothing a few nights ago.