Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rushing Chars to act 5

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dalron, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

Rushing Chars to act 5

Looking at my eq I've decided it would look a lot better with a load of sockets in it, however I'm out of socketing quests. The easiest solution seems to be to rush some of my mules through to act 5 normal.

Has anyone got a guide or any hints/tips about rushing chars? (I had a search but couldnt find anything useful)

Esp. Which bits you now *have* to do since 1.10 and where the rushee has to be to gain the quest (ie. do they have to be in the room, hit the boss etc)

2. llandros

llandros IncGamers Member

have to do bits

ac2 both parts of staff to access sanctuary

sanctuary to activeate red portal to allow access to canyon

ac3 kill high council in travincial

ac5 anchients

once these are done tp's cna be used to skip to end bosses and to activate the waypoints so you can skip by yourslef

nb ac3 killing high council will allow tp access to durance but you wotn be able to get down there by yourslef until you either smash the compelling orb or someone sends a tp, this is also somewhat glitchy, ive had to do things like leave and rejoin/talk to the tireless windbag in the blue robe in order to actually be allowed to use the tp

3. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

when you finish killing the most critical council members, you get a quest alert, and it tells you to talk to cain.

I've rushed about, 12 characters to act5 hell since the patch, and I've made it pretty easy on myself

4. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

BTW you don't need to worry about the ancients if your only interested in getting a socket quest of course.

5. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

A real guide for getting to act5

IF all you are doing is trying to get to act5 normal...join games that are questing. If they're all low lvl have a sorc for teleporting and aid the party to the quest. ie andariel. Thats act 1. Get the party the shaft for the staff. Then you HAVE to get the snake alter quest. This means getting down there with your sorc, clearing it...telling the party to wait for you..rejoin and get quest. Act 3 was described and the rest is easy. I find there USUALLY quest games active at any given times

6. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

If you have an opener char ready thats opened the portal to duriels chamber do you still need to go through the red portal to get to the canyon? (if you do have to is it enough to get portaled to the area the summoner's in, touch the book then enter the portal?)