Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rushing and quick experience

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by icebane, Feb 29, 2004.

1. icebane

icebane Banned

rushing and quick experience

I haven't played in over a year, and am new to 1.10.
    What is the best way to rush a character's experience these days?

Like lets say the character gets to level 15 or 20 by themselves, are there any strategies to rushing them to higher levels?

Also, how does experience leeching work now? What are the maximum level differences?

Thanks for any help given.

2. PikeyPriest

PikeyPriest IncGamers Member

AFAIK the best way currently is: [assuming you do all required + important quests as standard]

Do act 1 quests..etc and kill andy about lvl 12-15

Do act 2 quests...etc and kill duriel about level 18-20

Do act 3 Quest 5 (high council) and repeat a *LOT* to level
    Then kill mephisto about level 20-22

Do Hell diablo + izual and do diablo runs until you are level 24

At level 24 get someone to rush you past the anchients (boosting you to level 25). At level 25 you get full experience from Baal runs. Baal run from level 25-45 is usually standard (take about 20 runs). At 45 kill baal and start NM.

In nightmare do all the required quests + get to act 5 and Baal runs as quick as possible. Kill baal and start Hell difficulty at about level 75. Then just try to get to mephisto for MF runs + baal for the experience runs. That is pretty much it.

[for normal i do quests in act 1 + 2 just so that in a party i am getting kills and can reach level 24 faster. You should do all quests that give *good* benefits, but i found doing these helped me level faster + was less boring than repeating council/diablo runs]

Did i miss anything or make a mistake?

3. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

No mistake there, but cows will get you from lvl 20-24 much faster then Traviruns. No fear of pks there as well :)

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

You should also know that rushing is quite different from what it used to be.
    There are lvl reqs. for each difficulty level:

normal: 20
    nightmare: 40
    Hell: 60

You have to complete more quests to pass an act than you did in 1.09.

-Backdoor Bandit

5. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

This is just the way I do it,I start by rushing my char to act2 ( I have 2 comps )and get a def merc ( with basic javelins,this char kills pretty much everything by himself ) I then join mule parking games and clear everything in act 1 ( if the mule game drops to under 5 chars,I go find a dif game ) so by doing this by the time I work my way to Andy ( with the act2 merc its very easy ),I'm close to lvl 18,I then do a few public Sewer runs to lvl 20,then its all about Cow runs till 24,Then Anchients and after that Baal runs till Im lvl 45 and then its off to NM,I'll usually rush my own char to act 5 Baal runs and I'm there till lvl 75,Off to hell now and again I rush myself to act5 and now you can lvl till your hearts content and go back at your own leisure and complete the quests.....This is just how I do it,Hope it helps.

Scott