Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rush?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Skelion, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Skelion

Skelion Diabloii.Net Member

Rush?

I've been doing single player for years, and just started my first ladder toon. I keep reading about people requesting a rush, which I assume is some kind of power leveling.

Could someone explain how that works? I think my toon, a skelliemancer, could do that for someone.

Thanks

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 Diabloii.Net Member

It's not necessarily power-levelling (in fact, most likely it isn't).

A rush is just taking al character all the way through the acts, usually skipping non-essential qiests.

Levelling is done in baalruns; before that you do cows and tombruns.

And your character most likely isn't what's considered a good rusher: you are not teleporting, and you are probably not using map****. In fact, if you are not using map**** you'll be considered a bad player anyway --- and it will be considered an offense only punishable by death if you don't immediately turn around when someone proudly proves his leetness with the words "follow me, i have mh".

3. Skelion

Skelion Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for your quick reply. You are correct, I play the game as intended, so I guess I won't be involved in rushing. <sigh> I guess I'll just never be leet.

4. Poke

Poke Diabloii.Net Member

If being leet means you have to be an mh using d-bag who betters himself ONLY by scamming noobs, then you do not want to be leet, and everyone here will respect you more if you are not. God, that is what I call a run-on sentence.

5. stkrause

stkrause Diabloii.Net Member

A Skellimancer may not be that good for rushing, but he can be a real good help. So, instead of rushing l33t kiddies, you can play with some decent guys who really deserve help. At least that's what I (try to) do with my Skelli-bone-hybridmancer.

*stkrause

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

I rush just fine without MH. I'm sure it takes a little bit longer, but all you need is a high FCR teleport and you're good to go. I'm also loving my Booyaka Barb (leaper) for rushing. Not quite as fast as teleporting but he can pretty much ignore any large group of enemies simply by leaping. With a high level they get scattered pretty far when you land so no problem just jumping again if you have to.

7. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

I think rushing is fine.
    After a while playing online, you will be making A LOT of characters, most of which have rather singular functions, MF, PvP, etc., all of which are performed at high levels for efficiency. Therefore, I don't really need to play all of them through Normal and Nightmare, neither do I have the patience to do all the quests by hand for the 59th time.