Rush your own char?

nolan16

Diabloii.Net Member
Rush your own char?

Ive read about people saying they have rushed their own characters for forge drops.. Do you have to have two comps running diablo to do this?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
not neccessarily.

you can use two copies of d2 (2 cdkeys for classic and 2 cdkeys for expansion) on one computer. You can install 2 the games twice by switching user accounts on your computer. I think theres some other way as well but i forgot.

in the past, i've rushed other people and switched to my new character in time to get the quest. it's a lot cheaper than the 2 computer thing.

Vec2267

Diabloii.Net Member
Short answer: yes.

Do some searching in the forums. There are a few threads with detailed instructions on how to do this. As mentioned you must OWN 2 copies of Diablo. It takes advantage of fast user switching.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
I do this rather often, since my friends don't play at the same time as I do very often. Using one of my high level characters (usually hammerdin), I run through whatever act I need to do, killing everything along the way. Get a good idea of the map, it helps a LOT.

Then I bring through the lower level char, run through feilds of corpses, and get the last waypoint.

Bring in my sorc, static the bosses' health as low as I can, bring back the low level char and finish them.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat for all five acts.

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
The two computer method is the best for those fortunate enough to have them. I use my main computer and a cheap old one as my second. You can buy old systems cheap enough at thrift stores I bet. My second computer lags and balks a lot but, who cares...right?